Yes! LIN Dan & BAO ChunLai is coming to Southern California

Discussion in 'Arcadia Badminton Club ( ABC )' started by ABCmanagement, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Bubbles

Bubbles Regular Member

Technical Writer
    an experience

frankly the entire experience could have been A or even A+, however with the way it was organized, I'm afraid I have to rate it a C or C-. First off they were playing too soft, even a SGVBC thursday match or a LABC league match would have been more exciting. LD jump smashed like.......5 times only? I got 3 shots off that was decent. I know it's exhibition and that it's suppose to be just promo. But they have to understand the only people in US that's willing to dish out $20 bucks for this are diehard fans that wanna see some good games. Second, they were giving a tube of shuttlecock per ticket, in the end they ran out, and gave 1 tube per group of people. The guy at the door sometimes counted 5 even though people weren't in a group. How do you run out? This is Li-Ning the distributor right? You counted how many tickets you sold right? That equals to how many tubes you need? Third, LD and BCL I'm sure are not expected to sign everything but the $100 dollars worth of LN products.....that was low. When Taufik was here he signed whateverz. Yonex didn't say buy $100 bucks worth. I'm sure there's lots to complain about whether it be big or small but overall it could have been done better IMHO.

BTW, The triplets are the famous Yeh sisters. The twins Rulan, Rulien played at US Open, and the World Championships representing USA. Rumei, the one playing with LD was their older sister.

Also, I have videos of the matches, I'll see if I can post them on youtube.

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..wow, no translation at all for the event?..
    I think the show up north in Menlo Park should have more people (more Asian population than SoCal) and hopefully they'll get to have pictures and autograph session. Too bad LD and co. didn't stay longer..

Thanks, Bubbles, for capturing and posting the pics. And also for sharing a bit of your own view of the experience. Looking fw to the videos also!:cool:
    *First time seeing Rulien and Rulan's older sister..

#22 ctjcad, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  3. raceto21

raceto21 Regular Member

totally agree with your comments, bubbles.
    i didnt want to write those other things- like when TH was here he "gave a fair chance" to fans in getting a pic or authograph or both- but since you did then i know i am not alone in this observation.
    in fairness to LD and BCL, they appeared generous in signing/posing. whether its li-ning organizers decision to cordone fans out or the players themselves requesting this is still a question which befuddles me.
    the free birdies issue was hilarious. though i didnt expect competition level shots to be executed i still was entertained just watching these top players move.
    i think its not abc management's fault AT ALL but li-ning organizers lack of goodwill or foresight to at least take that extra care of customers or future customers. i know its unreasonable to give each person an autograph or hand shake but no effort was made to at least give "the first (or lucky) 20 or 100 average joes" a chance. effort made was very dismal.
    once again i hope menlo fans get some benefit from our comments to make their experience more memorable.

4. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Maybe then organizers can learn from this episode and put on a better show at Menlo Park. Imagine the goodwill created if they let the spectators mingle with the stars.

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

#25 ctjcad, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  6. n3w813

n3w813 Regular Member

Systems Admin
    Here is a short clip of the last couple of points in the match of LD vs BCL....

[video=youtube;aIrMJ6okTD0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIrMJ6okTD0[/video]

Hopefully, someone has a video of the entire match ;)

7. masa_masa

masa_masa New Member

Is the video yours? If yes, Can you post a download link because my friends in China can't access to Youtube! They really want to watch it!!!

Thanks

8. crystal612

crystal612 Regular Member

Student
    wow!
    would anybody can post the entire match? it seems very interesting and LinBao were really enjoy it

9. ABCmanagement

ABCmanagement Regular Member

from Singtao Dail LiNing2010b.jpg y LiNing2010a.jpg

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..that certainly looks like a very entertaining match..very fun indeed!!..the folks up in NorCal will enjoy their presentation! thanks for capturing & sharing!:cool:

11. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

There's some videos of this exhibition event on youtube:)

Anyway, hope someone really recorded the FULL match tho.

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Look at 2.08:eek:!

[video=youtube;52UIjwzcM1g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52UIjwzcM1g[/video]

13. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    and here is part 2:

[video=youtube;72vdxEAfUT0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72vdxEAfUT0[/video]

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

thanks for sharing those links..any other videos??..:cool:

15. ytyang

ytyang Regular Member

Too bad I have missed this event, wish it had a better promotion. I am not even aware of this event until it is over, wish
    someone had mentioned it in LD thread...

16. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yes. i do believe that many people have not heard about the event and if they do, potentially hundreds more would've attended. then they can do the show in a much bigger arena.

but i think it was their first time and it was a good start. hopefully, they will bring them back another year.

17. dassad

dassad Regular Member

developer
    what was at 3-10? someone of public screamed smth..

#37 dassad, Sep 7, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..my guess is, the lady belted "Bao-Bao, Jia You!" (or "Bao-Bao, let's go!")..maybe n3w813 can confirm??..

19. n3w813

n3w813 Regular Member

Systems Admin
    I think it was "xiao Bao, jia you!" (small Bao, add oil) :) A female audience member was cheering BCL on when he was down 14-13 match point. LD turned and stared at her causing the crowd the laugh