Wong Pei Tty & Chin Eei Hui

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by ahwp1990, Jun 23, 2006.

1. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    I glanced thru their last 3 finals video, the highest quality match was the Thai Open Final. Wong/Chin were competitive until at 11-12 in the rubber game, when their game collapsed suddenly (or maybe the former Olympic Champs went to overdrive).

Yup, agree with Sealman, they should smile more often. Wong Pei Tty almost always looks tense .....

2. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

ya agree with both of u. they seldom smile.maybe cos too concentrating in their game. nway they r nice. if u take pic with them sure they giv a big smile.haha.

3. giant

giant Regular Member

student
    they dont dare to smile la..they ever won the sea game gold medal?hmm..gud luck to them also..everyday read newspaper to see their current result..rtm1 nowadays dun wan to show the matches le..last time every matches will have..ee..hate la..

4. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    they've been playing well this pair....better than ever....perhaps finally winning a major title has boosted their confidence...

5. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    I think WPT/CEH will be ranked #6 after the French Open.

Their runners-up @ French Open will earn them 7800 which will replace one of those 3600 pts.

Best 10 tournaments

Event Date Event Name LEVEL PTS Round

26/10/2008 Denmark Super Series 2008 S.Series 9200 Winner
    28/09/2008 LI NING China Masters Super Series 2008 S.Series 3600 Quarter-Finalist
    21/09/2008 YONEX Open Japan Super Series 2008 S.Series 7800 Runner-Up
    17/08/2008 Olympic Games 2008 BWF Events 4800 1\16
    29/06/2008 Thailand Open Grand Prix Gold GP Gold 5950 Runner-Up
    22/06/2008 Indonesia Super Series 2008 S.Series 5040 Quarter-Finalist
    09/03/2008 YONEX All England Super Series 2008 S.Series 3600 1\16
    24/02/2008 Thomas & Uber Cup Asian Qualifying Rounds See regs 5359
    27/01/2008 YONEX Korea Super Series 2008 S.Series 5040 Quarter-Finalist
    20/01/2008 Proton Malaysia Open Super Series 2008 S.Series 3600 1\16

#45 robin7, Nov 3, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  6. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Great match yesterday, even better than Thai Open final. I didn't expect Wong/Chin to be able to play that well and almost upset the World No 1 pair, but in the end fate and lower fitness levels decide that it was not to be. Can't complain though, in terms of skills, mental preparation and determination, our girls did not lose out to the Olympic Champs.

Hopefully they can play even better in China and HK.

7. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Yeah. They should have won the 2nd game when leading 19-17. Well, they were just too tentative and the Olympic Champions were just too tough.

8. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    I suppose you could say that, but then they should have lost the 1st game and didn't ..... Tentative or not, getting 2 pts out of the Olympic Champs is much tougher than getting double that no of pts out of other pairs ......

Amazing fitness, the CHN WD squad has. Something that their WS counterparts do not share ..... :p

9. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

ya they should have won g2.what a waste. so near yet so far. but then wasy 4 us to day hard for them who play. hmm. nway i am proud of them though they lost but they gave their best. they really improve a lot. hope they do well in CHN n HKG.want them to be consistent and climb the world ranking

10. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2008/11/4/sports/2448121&sec=sports

Eei Hui-Pei Tty hailed for ability to think outside of the box

KUALA LUMPUR: It has been an extraordinary two weeks in Europe for the top national women’s doubles pair of Chin Eei Hui-Wong Pei Tty (pic).

And national coach Rexy Mainaky attributed their achievements in winning the Danish Open followed by a runners-up finish in the French Open to their ability to think outside of the box.

In Paris last Sunday, the world number eight showed plenty of variety in their game plan and they came close to beating Olympic champions and world number one Du Jing-Yu Yang of China in the final. They went down fighting 22-20, 19-21, 11-21 in a one-hour battle.

A week ago, they won the Danish Open title in Odense and it was their first success in an international Open tournament.

Their performances brought renewed respect of their status as a top 10 pair in the world.

Rexy was happy that Eei Hui-Pei Tty had improved on the way they map out strategies to trap their opponents.

“I did not do much on their skills. Their techniques and skills had been honed by (Cheah) Soon Kit (their previous coach). I helped them to be more open in their approaches,” said Rexy.

“There have been a lot more discussions after training sessions. They are not rigid with the way they play like before. But the notable difference that I see is that both are really enjoying the game. It shows in their face and body movements.”

Rexy plans to give the duo a break from competition by withdrawing them from the Johor Open from Nov 11-14. Instead, he will continue to work on their game in preparation for the Opens in China (Nov 18-23) and Hong Kong (Nov 25-20).

On the performances of the men’s pairs of Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong and Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari-Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif in the Danish and French Opens, Rexy said: “They did not win the titles but Koo and Tan showed some positive signs in the way they played.

“I will be talking to Fairuzizuan-Zakry on their inconsistent performances.”

11. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

http://www.bharian.com.my/Current_News/BH/Tuesday/Sukan/20081104052333/Article/index_html

Pei Tty-Eei Hui lambang kebangkitan wanita
    Oleh Ahmad Khawari Isa
    ahmadkhawari@bharian.com.my

'KUASA' wanita sudah ketara menjelma dan Persatuan Badminton Malaysia (BAM) bingkas mahu melakukan segala yang terdaya untuk terus menjulangnya.

Jika pemain lelaki jadi sandaran sejak sekian lama, situasi tampak mula berubah dengan dua Siri Super terakhir - Terbuka Denmark dan Perancis - menyaksikan hanya beregu wanita negara berjaya ke perlawanan akhir.

“Apa dilakukan Wong Pei Tty dan Chin Eei Hui adalah antara langkah mula untuk kita menyaksikan lebih ramai pemain wanita negara memberi cabaran bermakna di peringkat saingan tertinggi.

“Semuanya bermula apabila Wong Mew Choo memenangi Terbuka China, tahun lalu. Ia memberi keyakinan bahawa pemain-pemain China yang sekian lama jadi kuasa utama, bukannya tidak dapat ditundukkan,” kata Setiausaha Kehormat BAM, Ganga Rao.

Pei Tty-Eei Hui jadi lambang terbaik terhadap meningkatnya keyakinan itu apabila menundukkan pasangan berpengalaman, Zhang Yawen-Zhao Tingting untuk mara ke final Terbuka Perancis.

Malah pada aksi final, kelmarin, kedua-duanya sudah di ambang kemenangan ketika bertemu juara Olimpik, Du Jing-Yu Yang tetapi dipaksa akur kecundang dalam saingan tiga set yang sengit.

Pei Tty-Eei Hui juga sudah menamatkan kemarau gelaran utama apabila memenangi Terbuka Denmark, seminggu sebelumnya.

Selain Mew Choo dan gandingan Pei Tty-Eei Hui, turut mula mencipta hormat lawan di pentas antarabangsa ialah Julia Wong Pei Xian yang tahun ini berjaya mara hingga ke final Terbuka Macau.

“Sebelum ini, mungkin penekanan terhadap pemain wanita nampak kurang kerana jumlahnya yang terhad. Tetapi sejak kebelakangan ini, penekanannya sama, dengan BAM juga memberi tumpuan khusus kepada peningkatan pemain-pemain wanita,” kata Ganga.

Ia terbukti apabila BAM menyenaraikan 18 pemain wanita buat program Sukan Olimpik 2012 - dengan sasaran pingat daripada mereka tertumpu kepada acara beregu wanita dan campuran.

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    they will once again enter final in china open 2 i think...

13. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    they have to be careful of the young chinese pairs in the 2nd round.

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i know...but even og gold medalist almost lost to them...anyhow...we must keep ours feet on ground

15. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    CHN pairs issnt that strong. :p

Good to see mas pair with good results.

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hehe...agree...:p...

17. kimir

kimir Regular Member

u should take into account home ground advantage for the chinese players

18. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    But dont forget also WMC's journey in 2007 chn open.

Dont play-play with mas player.:D:D

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    something like unfair liine judge???:p...if they are strong enough...they wont beaten by this...;)...and i believe they are surely better than this...both rexy and zhong bo need to do homework to overcome their opponent...;)

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    anyhow...i wont say they can capture the title...but i doubt if they cant enter final...:p