Wang Zhengming ( 王睁茗 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by 2cents, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Flexsis

Flexsis Regular Member

Student
    If you look closely at the chinese player play-styles, WZM's play style slightly resembles LD, his shots and movement xD

2. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Definitely in the BAC Tago was out of form and against WZM he seemed to play the wrong tactics.

On all round skills and speed alone, WZM reminds us of the point in time when ZJH appeared and beat Liem Swie King and Frost in 1985 and had everyone gasping at the speed and wide range of strokes and skills.

On skills and athletic ability alone, WZM seems to match say Yang Yang or Lin Dan
    or even Liem Swie King in big smashing.

Dont know if he will make it as he needs a good mentor and brains , but I am sure
    he will be an exciting player to watch. Any weaknesses will probably be exposed by LD
    this evening. Maybe more flaws will be detected when he plays oldies like Gade or LCW.

3. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

On checking the WJC in wiki, it is amazing to notice that most of the players in the finals in the BAC were medalists in WJC 2008 or 2007 ,WZM was boy's champion in 2008.
    Kenichi was runner-up to Chen Long in 2007.
    Also the 2 ladies in BAC finals were also medalists in 2007,2008 together with Wang Shi Xian.
    They are actually not new to competition.

4. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Wang Zhengming can be considered the next Lin dan , unless he beat Lee Chong Wei!

5. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Wang Zhengming never clears, or drop in his match with Tago. What he does is just raw power. He has trouble finding the lines in the second game, which let Tago win it. Wang Zhengming has a long way to go, unless I see him performing well in the next few tournaments, I think he will not be one of the top 10 anytime soon. The only accomplished player he has beat is Tago, and Tago Kenichi has yet to win a title.

I'll see his performance against Lin Dan.

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    yup, that is why tago made the mistake of trying to play like taufik when he should instead emulate LD instead:D:D

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    u guys are so high
    anyway
    suetyan is been proven correct
    i am waiting for tian hou wei
    and
    thw is better than wzm

8. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

no, Wang Zhengming is in the first team. :)

9. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

wow, why do u think THW is better than WZM? haha... but I think the different way. :p

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hehe
    u will know in 5 years time;)

11. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

maybe both also good la. haha.. maybe there will be two Lin Dan in 5 years time. :D

12. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

when I saw this guy performance in the final of National Junior Championship against Chen Yuekun, I already can predict that he is a talented guy and he has huge potential in the future. Although he missed the first ticket to promote to the first team (due to injury), but then he able to grab the second chance after 3 months. He is surely a guy to watch in the future.

13. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
  14. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

LCW said long time ago (2008) he is vary of Wang and he said this is the youngster to watch. But he is no LD maybe in the mold of BCL albeit slight better. When I say he is not LD is that he doesnt have the LD style. But he is more ZJH in style and BCL. Hopefully not BCL's temperament. China always produces young champions and towards the end of 2011 you will see Wang winning SS or maybe AE. WC maybe not yet. I just lament that our backup MS have to return to play 3rd fiddle like we have in the late 90s before Wong and LCW showed up

15. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Bd Champion too? That explains the hard smash, solid defence and deft net play and drives. I think he is equally good in doubles and singles like Peter Gade in the 70s or Park Joo Bong or wonderkid Lee Yong Dae.
    Let's hope he is focused in his direction or he may end up like Cai Yun.

16. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Just watched the match. He's sure going to be an interesting one to watch! Actually I like both his and Kenichi Tago's styles although they are quite different. Definitely both top of my list of youngsters to keep an eye on. It's interesting he's so slim... but has such a lethal smash. Is it height that makes the difference? Anyway he's far more interesting than Chen Long, so I do hope he'll eventually make it to China's no. 1 MS.

17. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction

On the first point, Chen Hong played similar at first, thinking only attack will do, going for lines.

On the 2nd, surely Shoji sato is classed as an accomplished player? Top 20 for many years, solid & experienced? Then he beat a team mate of his, who should have been briefed on his game.

On the third - Again how can we judge on his performance against LD? LD is a legend of the game, who has won everything (almost), he is, as you state a raw talent. Give him a few years first!

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hehe
    good news for china
    bad new for other:)

19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i said before, more headaches for lcw, misbun and rashid. Now i should add limsy name too:p Now you're in the same camp as those former MS players:p:p

20. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

if CHN were to have two Lin Dan (WZM, THW) in the future, then MAS must have two Lee Chong Wei in order to beat the two Lin Dan. But, who can be the two for MAS? limsy should be able to answer this for us. :D