BAM news

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by limsy, Mar 17, 2010.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yeah
    in ours dream;):rolleyes:

2. markchan

markchan Regular Member

I think once the names have been submitted , you cant do much (abt changing players) unless......for medical reasons :D

3. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    Its not the case of them being good. Fuzzy pair standard drop drastically and yet they still struggled to beat them in 3 games. Mak/Tan attacking prowess is not powerful enough (lack finishing) and has a tendency to lift the shuttle too frequently.

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

The fallout from Ganga Rao being ousted and the ING sponsorship..

..i don't know if this news had already been posted or not, i skimmed the entire thread to try & find the news/article but couldn't find it..

From a very reliable source, apparently ING's last sponsorship for the national squad ended in the recent WJC. From now on, Proton will be put back on, on the national players' tees.

5. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    such a shame fuzzy being beaten by Mak&Tan... but good to show how POLITICS play a BIG role in BAM...

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    that is becaase they lack of on court experience;)

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    BAM fails to take advantage of home comfort

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/articles/20100429091733/Article/index_html

Rashid: Uber Cup as good as gone

We can still make the quarter-finals by beating the United States (in Group A) but that’s not our target. We wanted to fight for a place in the semis but it is almost impossible to achieve that without Lydia and Julia,” said Rashid.

“The pressure will be on Wong Mew Choo and the two doubles and this will affect their performance.

“The second doubles (Woon Khe Wei-Vivian Hoo) especially are playing well but our singles have become weak and that the young pair may not be able to handle the pressure.

“We have to hope that the replacements are accepted or we might still have to use either Julia or Lydia.”
    http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/articles/20100429091039/Article/index_html

Uber Cup squad seek replacements for injured Lydia and Julia
    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/4/29/sports/6154521&sec=sports

If the BWF do not allow us to make he changes, our choices for the singles line-up will be restricted. We may have to field doubles players for singles matches. I would prefer to have fit players for the challenges,” he said.
    We have no choice but that is the prospect we have to face. We have to hope for two points from the doubles and one point from the singles instead to go far in the tournament,” said Rashid.

----------------------------------------------------

well
    i think rashid had forget vivian hoo was single player:rolleyes:

8. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

I agree that Fuzzy's standard has become a joke and can lose to practically anyone. Also that Mak/Tan lacks finishing and they need to be groomed some more to become a true threat to the world. BAM should know who to send for SS now, Hoon/Ong, Mak/Tan or Chan/Lim, NOT FUZZY. :mad:

9. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

It's been posted in earlier pages of this thread. According to BAM President, sponsorship with ING not ended, neither did they sign any formal thing yet. But discussions will continue after TC/Uber between BAM & ING.

Proton's logo at front of player's shirt is back, cos they are main sponsor.

10. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    We can forgive KKK/TBH for being down-hilled for a long time before they come back in produce relatively good results and being World's No.1 pair.

But we cant give Fuzzy's the same chance as given to KKK/TBH?

11. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    If most of us believe that Mak/Tan is better than Fuzzy, i think the result is acceptable. Why should them felt shame? And why should we felt suprise over the result produced?

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    huh?:confused:
    who forgive koo/tan?:confused:
    is that some kind of sin they commit?:confused:

who didnt give fuzzy same chance?:confused:

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

- Which post is that? Do you mind pointing to it?
    - That's what i was told and meant: Proton is now back as the main sponsor/logo on the players' tees. If they won't put ING on the front of the players' tees, then we can "technically" call their sponsorship done.

14. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    It was earlier agreed between BAM and ING to have ING as the main sponsor for both the junior and national teams and Proton as the event title sponsor.
    So it was intended to have ING logo appear on the T-shirts of all the Malaysian players. Proton would have its logo on the title of the super series event like Proton Malaysian Open, not unlike some events sponsored by Sunrise in Singapore.
    However, the deal was set aside when the president of BAM found out that an unauthorised 3rd party was involved instead of ING directly. Obviously he then launched an investigation into this, and as a result the rest is history.
    Directionally, BAM has no problem with more sponsors but they don't want some other parties unbeknown to them to come in between. They refer to such "shocks" as indiscretions by unauthorised people.

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Players set to train behind closed doors at Putra Stadium

“We were unable to take full advantage despite being the hosts. This is a lesson for all of us here,” said Shabery.
    “But it is still not too late to capitalise on the perks that come as being the hosts.
    “We will accommodate the coaches if they want to hold closed door training for the Malaysian players at the venue, especially after the arrival of the foreign teams.”
    The foreign teams will arrive in batches from May 5.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/4/30/sports/6162178&sec=sports

Throw your full support behind home team, says Shabery
    Fans aboard scramble to see world-class actions, especially when it comes to Wimbledon or US Masters (golf). They value and root for their home stars. I hope our fans will do the same. Tickets are affordable,” he said.
    “All the players here have sacrificed so much by training hard, watching their diet and keeping fit. At least, as their fans, we can go out there and show our support for all their efforts.”
    Shabery continued to show his support for the team yesterday when he treated them to lunch after having a one-hour closed door session with the players.
    “This is another step towards strengthening team unity and motivating the players,” he said.
    “I wanted them to know that many of us are here to support them. I hope that the Thomas and Uber Cup squads will do the country proud by achieving good results.”

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/4/30/sports/6161960&sec=sports

More priority to Malaysia

"This is a lesson for us. Our mistake was that we didn't make early bookings but we might have done so had the BA of Malaysia (BAM) made a request in advance.

"We have to learn from this and hope it will not be repeated," added the minister during a luncheon with the Thomas and Uber Cup players in Kuala Lumpur yesterday.

"Normally, hosts take advantage and will have their players train at the competition venue for long periods, and sometimes other teams will not even be allowed to use the venue for practice.

"Although we have missed this opportunity, we assure that Malaysia will be given priority as far as the venue is concerned, including for closed door training.

"The fans can make a huge difference and I am banking on them to come and fill the stadium and give Malaysia the edge over their rivals."

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/articles/jokqoqo/Article/index_html

16. undeadshot

I'm not surprised, but rather happy. :)

As for your other post on why we shouldn't give Fuzzy any more chances? Do you know how many chances they have been given the whole of last year and this year? :mad:

17. eaglehelang

Please refer page 2 & 3 of this thread.

As others have said, Fuzzy have been given many chances, in fact more chances than KKK/TBH or other MD pairs. Though KKK/TBH 'downhilled", they still managed to win a few SS titles per year. Fuzzy won titles(of any kind) was in mid 2008.

18. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    In malaysia, we should accept that 'certain people' will have more chances compared to others. I am not going to elaborate more in it as it may challenge the patient of BC's Mods....

They know it is not going to work but they still, or i have to say, they are forced to proceed with this kind of stuxxid arrangement - choose the weaker instead we have better.

Dont blame TC Squad players if they fail to win the cup, or producing good results. Blame those people so-called 'The-Real-Decision-Maker'.

19. eaglehelang

Hiyaa, no need say also know why mah. Just pointing out it's more chances not same chances KKK/TBH ;):p

20. undeadshot

Must agree with that! ;)