APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Charle

Charle Regular Member

hi, anyone here know bout apacs power concept 1100?

i cant find it in the apacs website..

is this original from apacs?

thks!!

2. barca96

barca96 Regular Member

studen
    perhaps its an old model.
    but that model does exist

3. escape

escape Regular Member

I think its sold in Malaysia mostly.. Apacs PC series is not its popular series so I am guessing not many ppl have used the PC 1100.

http://www.apacs.com.my/default/product.asp?id=2&id2=11&pid=41&i=1

Why not consider Edgesaber 8....

#3163 escape, Jul 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  4. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    the 300 is not heavier than the 200 as the 200 is also available in 3u..
    they are one of the apacs models that have the stiffest shaft compared to other series
    to me, they're both good for doubles as the head is not too heavy which helps in defense and maneuverability
    i have to agree on the "all out attacking racket" though

i have a N900P red too..very good racket i must say. 100% bang for buck. it has an evolved brother, the N990P.

it is said that T300 has slightly better material but the main purpose of differing them is to market them for different regions
    2u is very heavy, do change to a lighter racket. try a head heavy 4u. it will improve your smashing and defense due to its head heaviness and lightweight respectively

however, since u said u're a junior, try to focus more on ur techniques rather than equipments.

after u get ur techniques right, u will know ur own requirements for equipments.
    so good of u bro *applause* :D
    the Tantrum and Lethal are too aggresive for juniors i think. of course i don't mean that they can't use it but T200/300 is too stiff and L60/70 is too head heavy. do consider the Visible Hollow series or some clonexes from apacs.

invest in cheaper clonexes, get ur requirements straight then invest in better models. this could save u some cash (unless u have loads of them :D)
    power concept is a new low range series from apacs i think
    i've seen 1 of them, very bad paint job and not attractive at all
    doesnt feel very solid though

5. jeffwind

jeffwind Regular Member

Thanks Edwin ;)
    Ya, i ned lot of practice for improve my skill. stop for playing badminton almost 10 year..haha..only play back in recently 3 month.lucky stil remember the step and some skil, but stil ned lot of practice for smash. Now watch a lot of video to learning. haha..
    For the racket & equipment knowledge, got master like u all here. Really help a lot. :)
    I hear tat Tantrum 200/300 is really good racket...but for me...i think i will choose cheaper racket 1st...by the time my skill is improve...i will oni choose the "high end" racket..haha..i think its a better way to "feel" the racket step by step... so now i consider nano 900 power or mayb nanospeed 9900? or Edwin got any advise for these? ;)

cheers

6. jeffwind

jeffwind Regular Member

Hi ziggy87 ,:)

May i noe the different btw nano 900power and nano 990 power? U got they b4?
    then Visible Hollow series is aim for???:confused:
    Since i am stil in the progress to improve my skill, so i wont buy "high end" racket in this time. (save $$$ 1st..haha) , when my skill is ready...haha..i will buy then..
    so got any cheaper model or any good clone can intro? ?:D
    Thanks Thanks:p

7. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    my trusted stringer told me 990 will provide more power compared to 900..i only got the nano 900 power

VH is for attacking..slight head heavy and 3u. it has a hollow shaft until the end of handle. u can see the hollow shaft at 6 o'clock frame and end of handle. it is said that the hollow shaft is meant to reduce more impact from the string bed. it's priced at around RM200 + string.

if u're looking for some clonexes, the nano 900/990 power should be good
    u can also consider nano 9900 and 9900 power since their specs are almost the same
    edgesabers are quite good too i think but i don't have 1 so no comment
    forget the sparks though as it has a smaller sweetspot and meant for more accurate hitters
    u can get any of them for slightly above Rm100 + string

8. jeffwind

jeffwind Regular Member

Oh...thx thx...ziggy87 from Ipoh? got any good shop can get Apacs at Ipoh?:D
    btw, is it nano 9900 is usually for double play?
    actually nano 9000/9900 and nano 900/990 power are alwaz confuse me...
    haha..
    cheers

9. barca96

barca96 Regular Member

studen
    haha thanks.
    just duit kopi enough le...:p

count me in. im confused too.
    when i look at dinkalot's review, it says for single(nano 9900)
    but elsewhere i read, its for doubles.

10. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    i've not been to many badminton shops in ipoh. i bought my apacs at the badminton shop in Pasar Bina at Pengkalan. not many models available though. stringing is quite okay.
    another good badminton shop is at city's main road (Brewster - i forgot the malay name). it's before the river/bridge/nashmir. one of the shops on the right side. the name is..P.S. Sports if i'm not mistaken. not very sure of the name. i saw quite a lot of RSLs, some high end Yonex, a little bit of Victor etc. the owner is a bulky aged man who is very experienced. stringing is quite good too.

11. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    nano 900 power
    nano 990 power
    nano 9900
    nano 9900 power

lol. personally i think for these few rackets, they suit doubles more.
    they're light(4u) so it's quite fast
    they're all 285mm bp rite? so a slight head heavy perhaps? good for attacking

12. haplorhine

haplorhine Regular Member

I finally had my Nano 9900 Power properly restrung and had an afternoon of men's double, mix double, and a few quick singles.

Overall: head-light racket, ~85g, 4U-G2
    String tension: BG65 @ 24 lbs (done properly by someone reputable)
    Balance: with a new Yonex super grap overgrip, the point of balance is at the letter 'r' (of 'nano 9900 power', which is print on the shaft)--this is about 60% down the shaft of the racket
    Stiffness: medium stiffness

Overview: this is a great defensive weapon against opponents' smashes; feels light and very quick on the drive shots; smashes well but not the kind of overpowering smashes generated by a head-heavy racket--but of course, one has to smash smart and strategic placement is more important; does take a bit of use/practice to find the 'sweetspot' in all types of shots (drops, clears, etc.) if you are not used to a head-light racket; it also performs well in single games--by this I mean long and deep clears to the opponent's back court.

Bottom line: light, quick, and with a proper string tension, deadly; plus it's a quality racket @ a very reasonable price ($30 USD). Mine was from badmintonbay.com, an online store based in Malaysia; they've an eBay store as well. They offer you free string + an overgrip with the purchase. The stringing job is subpar.

13. escape

escape Regular Member

Hi Jeffwind....dun worry, we are all still practising for better skills. From what you say, I think you are going to be fine!!!

On the rackets, well, yeah you do have heaps of choices. Everyone is going to offer many suggestions and choices. But in the end, its really up to you. If you are able to, drop by a shop to have a hands on feel of each racket, so you will know what exactly everyone is saying.

However, if you can go to a shop, then like you said, its better to "feel" each racket step by step! Now that you have narrow down to nano 900P or Nano 9900 Power, it's a whole lot easier to get a racket. Both rackets can be used for singles or doubles. Depending on your playing style, each racket has its own pros & cons.

Nano 900P - Head heavy, light weight and medium stiff shaft (I have used this racket for a short while and feel that it a pretty good attacking racket. Easy to get used to and have good feel. Powerful too. I like for singles)

Nano 9900P - Head light, light weight and medium to medium stiff shaft (Also demo this racket for a short while. Its a great racket for defensive play, great for returning smashes and net play. Also easy to control but not as powerful as the Nano 900P)

The nano 900P is a clone of Yonex's Armortec 900 Power where the Nano 9900P is a clone of Yonex's Nanospeed 9900 (Pls correct me if I m wrong). So if you are after a racket for attacking, I would suggest nano 900P. For defensive play, try the Nano 9900P. My personal opinion, get the nano 900P.

Edwin :)

14. DannyMorello

DannyMorello Regular Member

Clerk
    there's a shop infront of Taman Kanak-kanak Ipoh.. shop's name is Choong Lian.. i bought my Wilson K-Lite there.. price also good.. but if u come to Teluk Intan i'll bring u to ajo's shop.. there's a lot of apacs u can find there.. also yonex, wilson, pro ace, fleet n etc.. some call the shop "pusat mengikat reket teluk intan" ;p

15. escape

escape Regular Member

All 4 rackets are light...4Us. I like the nano 900P for singles. Haven't tried the nano 990P yet but I heard its more even balanced, in-between the 900P & 9900P.

After owning a few Apacs rackets, I realized that Apacs claim on balance point (bp) is never accurate. The nano 900P that I own, hav a bp of 292mm (Apacs claims 285mm). My "even balanced" Z Spark has a bp of almost 290mm. My suggestion, best to ask some1 who has used the racket before. :)

16. escape

escape Regular Member

Great review...just confirmed what I have thought of the Nano 9900 Power! Hey I bought an Apacs off badmintonbay too. A decent seller but my racket came with something rattling in the frame...a pity since the racket is quite good and awesome value for money!

Edwin

17. Charle

Charle Regular Member

hmm, thinking of buying one

18. jeffwind

jeffwind Regular Member

Thx master Edwin :) ur description is clear and detail...
    Haha...i like attack...so i think i noe which i going to choose..
    Many Thanks for your advise.:D

Cheers

19. jeffwind

jeffwind Regular Member

Hi DannyMorello,
    Can u give more info about these shop? Thanks Thanks ...:D

20. jeffwind

jeffwind Regular Member

Hi:D,

May i noe wat means balance point (bp)??? 285mm bp?290mm bp???
    Thx thx..