Custom-Made Stringing Machine Parts

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Pete LSD, Dec 24, 2009.

1. gscastor

gscastor Regular Member

Please, someone could tell me who sells (nylon) load spreaders (like those in posts #122 or #217) to attach in both mounting posts of my Eagnas Combo 710 stringing machine? I could not find any in the Eagnas Internet site. I verified that my original mounting posts are causing some damages (dents, cracks) to my badminton rackets, especially in their head top.
    They could be custom-made or industrialized load spreaders as well.
    Thank you.

2. Alex82

Alex82 Regular Member

Linux-Sysadmin
    you can by the load spreaders here http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop/index.php?cPath=25_62_156

its good to have load spreaders, but without them the racket should be not damaged too... maybe wrong (to hard?) mounting of the racket?!

3. johnlowe88

johnlowe88 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    Hi, I don't use his supports but I made my own some time ago. I found very early that all edges needed to be rounded to prevent cutting or damaging the string when pulling. I rounded, then cut a slot so that the string can come out of the grommet and rest on the side of the supports touching only a smooth surface.

4. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    Thank you for your response.

I've been thinking about doing just that, however I'm not sure how well it would go since it's metal.

5. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

i have used michal's more than 1 year and it is very good ... i put the original side support on the box now.

6. ckyew

ckyew Regular Member

I do get what you mean as certain models of machines have the string rubbing against the side support's sides' (like mine).

I actually just cut pieces of graps and tapped them onto the side supports so that the strings rub against the graps instead of the sides supports. This will prevent the strings from being "cut" by the edges of the supports.

Let me know if you need pictures of how I did it.

Good luck.

7. gscastor

gscastor Regular Member

Thank you for your promptly reply, Alex82.
    I just bought a pair of load spreaders and seized the opportunity to buy a Hi-Qua flying clamp too, all with free shipping! Things like these can not be found in Brazil. By the way, is this a safe store to buy Yonex or Victor rackets?

I´m not an experienced badminton stringer at all. So, your help is much appreciated:

When I mount rackets on my (Eagnas Combo 710) stringing machine I certify myself that the racket's frame is touched, but not deformed by the central posts. Then, I move the side mounts until they just touch the frame. There is no perceptible frame deformation or movement at all (when the posts or side mounts touch the frame). Is this the procedure to follow?

I belive that the posts have a very hard (yellow) plastic padding and, as it is straight vertically and rounded horizontally, it touches only a very limited area (or even a point) of the frame (especially when the frame is rounded vertically, like box frames), concentrating forces...

Please, see the pics of the last racket (a new racket) I strung at 24lbs (tension was electronically calibrated). Is that dent between the top center grommets normal (when stringing without load spreaders) or was the racket really damaged? The dent is hardly visible in side view, but not in front view, as you can see.

Thank you very much.

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

8. Alex82

Alex82 Regular Member

Linux-Sysadmin
    don't know. i only buy grommets and some single strings in that shop. the duty for the rackets is too much in my country.

can you also make a pic from a mounted racket? i have a similar machine and i don't have such problems. the mounting procedure from you looks good.

do you have this problems with all type of rackets? maybe its a problem, that the racket frame is very weak (fake rackets).

9. ckyew

ckyew Regular Member

10. _Rav_

_Rav_ Regular Member

Gofer
    I used to get that before i got load spreaders, but then my mounting posts are round metal. You could try a small strip of overgrip. In an ideal world the racket should have no extra dents or scratches after stringing, although that dent you have there doesn't look life threatening.

11. pros_pro

pros_pro Regular Member

I think it is the mounting problem, or the racket can't be strung at that tension.

I had got that problem years ago with a fake racket, strung by babolat star5 at 24lbs.

12. shuennms

shuennms Regular Member

Club Stringer & Organizer
    I have got the package in good condition of the Michal's Side Support, it only took 5 days to reach Singapore upon payment received by Bro Michal.

I have strung 2x rackets with the side Support, got to say that it sits perfectly on the clamping arms of my Eagnas Combo 810 and support on rackets are superb. Putting in string on the grommets on the support was never been so easy and rounded edges of the side support will not make the string entangle or stuck when we are weaving.

Will definitely recommend this to friends. :)

13. gscastor

gscastor Regular Member

I bought the stringing machine last year to string my tennis rackets, but started to play badminton on last December. I strung 3 badminton rackets until now:

View attachment 124606

1st: This is an Yonex Nanospeed 100 (codes: 2424193 & 140594BR). Cannot be fake. I bought it from a Brazilian dealer that has a very good reputation, although do not trade hi-end badminton rackets. Besides, no one would waste time making a low-end fake racket. I did not perceive any visible damage to this frame just after stringing at 22lbs (max tension supported). When i note the dent on the 3rd strung racket (that seen on my previous post), I checked it again and noted what seems to be a crack between the top middle grommets (parallel and above the lead tape).

View attachment 124607

2nd: This is a RKEP PRO6000 racket. I bought it directly from Squash_Eric. It is being advertised in this forum (http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/107655-RKEP-PRO6000-PRO9000-badminton-racket) and the seller has a very good reputation. Cannot be fake. The racket had no traces of damages after stringing at 24lbs (max rated tension is 26lbs). Besides, the frame has a flat inner wall that provides better contact with the post of the stringing machine.

3rd: It is a RKEP PRO9000 WOVEN Ti racket (that seen on my previous post). I bought it directly from Squash_Eric. It is being advertised in this forum (http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/107655-RKEP-PRO6000-PRO9000-badminton-racket) and the seller has a very good reputation. Cannot be fake. The racket had a dent after stringing at 24lbs (max rated tension is 26lbs), as seen before.

All my rackets are strung, so I make pics of a mounted strung racket. Note that I modified my clamp bases since the original mechanism was not able to hold the higher tensions needed by tennis racket strings, even after proper calibration (as described in the EAGNAS user manual). Sending the machine back for repair would be much more complicated and expensive, even inside the warranty period. This simple mechanism works flawlessly, despite not so elegant.

Thank you again.

1.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 2.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg

14. gscastor

gscastor Regular Member

Here are the missing pics on my last post (post #333):

Yonex Nanospeed 100:

9.jpg

RKEP PRO6000:

10.jpg

15. Jay Doh

Jay Doh Regular Member

Home Stringer
    Hi Michal. I currently use Eagnas machine, but their side support is very disappointing. Can you please let me know how to buy yours, including price of the item and shipping costs to my place (Australia)?

16. AZbadman

AZbadman Regular Member

Sales and Marketing
    Hey guys....I was tired of having the clamps always dropping and having to lift it all the time so I had these springs made.. I have a bunch of extra sets, so if anyone wants a pair, pm me. Works great for tennis too...

Attached Files:

17. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Those springs are such a timesaver - clamps tend to come with them in UK, and I trim mine so that the clamp rest position is just below the stringplane. Even better would be longer clamp tubes (so the clamps would bounce when I drop them), but you can't have everything...

18. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I just use a couple of tight rubber O-rings to prevent it dropping too far down. You can also just use an elastic band wound around the shaft of the clamp so it drops just below the strings.

19. AZbadman

AZbadman Regular Member

Sales and Marketing
    I had to shorten the springs a little also, but did not cut them, I just compressed them and hit them with some heat and cooled it off in cold water......(heat treated for longevity now) LOL

20. Michal

Michal Regular Member

Update. All versions (for crank, drop weight, electronic, for Wise2086 improvement, Pro'S Pro/Eagnas, Gamma 6006, Alpha Shuttle Express etc) are available. Unusual projects too.
    Some unpublished pictures below.

DSCF6399.JPG

DSCF6398.JPG