Taufik Hidayat

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by taufik_lin16, May 12, 2006.

1. habsq

habsq Regular Member

Student
    Instead of age, I think it's his injuries that hold him back.

2. Amin Khalili

Amin Khalili Regular Member

Student
    And his inconsistencies to ...

3. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    djarum indonesia ss

taufik vs wong, wing ki
    21-12
    15-21
    5-5

4. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
  5. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

Probably Taufik is both physically and mentally drained. While PG though much older uses his finesse game thereby canceling out the gap between his age, however, it is still apparent against physically fit and tenacious players.

LCW is like a well oiled machine and he can sustain it.

LD, while very similar physically, mentally and perhaps technically more superior, I think due to lack of match fitness, he may from time to time exit early but LD is all about peaking at the right time!

Guess Taufik only has to summon up all his experience and refine his game like Peter Gade b'cos he (still) got game anyways. Determination, discipline, skills, desire is still there, that, I am sure. Else, he'll just hang up his rackets and walk away from the game he loves.

RvS

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Reality is, Taufik's level of competition now is probably around PG, NTM, Boonsak, SS, Simon's level...it's time for him to visit the North American continent to win his first ever Canada Open GP and defend his U.S. Open title>>those are where he truly belongs..;)

Speaking of LD, you guys probably don't know that he's older than both TH and LCW, do you??..;)

7. RSLvictorSOTX

If that is true:confused:, hypothetically let's assume it is true:rolleyes:, so you are saying LD is much more fit: physically, mentally and technically superior to TH and LCW despite his advance years?

I doubt TH thinks that he is at PG's level now, how hard could it be for him not to let go and pursue the matches he can actually win and defend;);) if he thinks so:cool:?

RvS

#307 RSLvictorSOTX, Jun 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

TH is at PG's level meaning, once he meets the likes of LCW, LD or even BCL or CJ, the chances of him winning goes tremendously down..that's the reality..when was the last time Taufik beat any of those 4 players??..

9. RSLvictorSOTX

Before the end of this year he'll outdraw anyone of them;). How did you know about LD being older (like the gymnast girls upping their age? what good is it in baddy terms:confused::confused:):confused:? Older by how much? Like Pete's years?

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Outdraw anyone of them??..meaning??..

Off topic:
    Abt LD's age, through another person who is close with one of the CHN team's members..Not as old as Gade..Think abt it, too, XXF is almost 30, i don't think LD is younger than her..
    Think abt age advantage for Junior tournaments...Last yr's WJC, there was some mention abt CHN Juniors looking a bit older than the other competitors. This yr's WJC, i was there, and i also noticed a few of their players look (facial & physically) a bit older than the other junior players..

11. RSLvictorSOTX

Like gunslinging, TH with his wits and experience coupled with conditioning (if LD can so can TH, physically at least.):cool::cool:;) will get them if he motivates himself (mentally) that this is going to be the year of the (LAST) REAL THING.

Now that you said it, it kind of make total sense b'cos in the case of girl gymnasts, younger is indeed an advantage;);).

Even so, being an age-group champion or juniors champion is not bigger than grown-ups champions, right? Does it mean, older is not necessarily better except in collecting all the junior titles:)? Hypothetically if I were a pro, I'd rather collect multiple pro AE, OG, WCs than be number one junior with all the junior titles to boot, no:confused:?

#311 RSLvictorSOTX, Jun 28, 2010
  12. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    unbelievable !!!!

though this is off topic i can't help asking...

am i seeing correctly?

ld is over 30 yrs old? because you think/guess so and because xxf is almost 30?

other than your presumption the only source of info comes from an unknown person who is close with one of the chn team's member?

any member has more info?

13. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

You mean older than Taufik's official age (29)? A few INA BCers have posted before that Taufik's supposed to be 2 yrs older than his official age :p
    XXF (29) is 2 yrs older than LD, or rather LD's official age, if your source says LD is older than 27.
    LCW is 28 this year, PG will be 34

#313 eaglehelang, Jun 28, 2010
  14. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Hmm.. I thought XXF is one year older than LD which will not make her 30 yet... Almost, but not quite.

Back to Taufik, he played brilliant badminton last evening in Game 1. Just didn't have enough stamina after the punishing 19-18 point to take the set. Taufik managed quite a feat moving LCW off balance and putting quite a few stings. Game 2 is a Taufik's out of steam. He was playing risky and pushing the shots far outside his comfort zone.

Personally, I think that Taufik is still in same league as PG, BCL and CJ and a cut above the rest. Of course, LCW and LD are leagues ahead.

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lol
    the thing is:taufik is not the ONLY one who are older than his official age

16. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

what is all that nonsenses about peolpe lied about their ages! I'm sure none of you have any proof. and what was the purpose of that, so that one can enter junior t'ment to play with kiddies?

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yeah
    i recall when people mention taufik is older than his official age
    his fans cant accept it
    when people mention fu hai feng have a son
    his fans cant accept it
    when people mention lin dan is older than taufik
    let wait and see

18. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    His record is definitely not easy to emulate. ;)

19. volcom

volcom Regular Member

it is the truth ....

20. RSLvictorSOTX

Hang in there

TH came in the tourney with a game plan well rehearsed (in his head), he executed and mix his shots superbly:cool:...ultimately however, he didn't had a plan on how to outlasts LCW:eek:.

I hope he will stick around till OG 2012 and bag at least another AE, WC and OG:D:D:D! His game will not evaporate in an instant and he won't fade away to oblivion just yet if he gets back to the drawing board and draw revamp game to suit his current game/mind set.:cool:;)!

Most elite-flight players might not fear him anymore but he sure will be an obstacle to anyone along the way, everytime... ...and on a good day, in his day, he'll crush the opposition and prove that he is capable of finishing an entire Championships with enough left in the tank:D for celebrations:cool::cool:!

#320 RSLvictorSOTX, Jun 28, 2010