Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. ghooga

ghooga Regular Member

Bean Counter, Student
  2. repentedboy

repentedboy Regular Member

student la
    Lin Dan will play in Rio 2016 apparently.

3. ghooga

ghooga Regular Member

Bean Counter, Student
    Even better...possibly third time's the charm :)

4. freakout89

freakout89 Regular Member

Winners never quit, quitters never win.

5. TimothyHsu

TimothyHsu Regular Member

high schooler
    My heart goes out for LCW. He fought so hard for it only to come short. LCW can be proud of the game because it was the game of the year

6. yves.

yves. Regular Member

Student
    http://www.bwfbadminton.org/news_item.aspx?id=65428

"There are many good players like Peter Gade, Taufik Hidayat but there is only one Lin Dan. He is a fantastic player, a very strong rival and also a very good friend,” noted the 29-year-old.
    "It's very disappointing to come second to Lin Dan twice in a row but Lin Dan is a very fair player and I respect him highly. This result only means I have to work harder.”

L
    CW is a true champion, so sad to see him lose yet again, even though I did root for LD...

7. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Thank you LCW for your hard work to challenge LD.......you are the true champion in my heart, with limited quality training partners, serious ankle injury, you still able to enter final once again...thats very impressive.

8. V1lau

V1lau Regular Member

Net Play and Counter Attack
    I would never feel sorry for LCW, because he's living the life I only dream about and I would switch places with him in a second. I just want to thank him for a great finals performance and hope he doesn't feel too disappointed because at the end of the day he's still LCW and pretty much a prince of Malaysia!

9. juventus1

juventus1 Regular Member

LCW has done well and he is second to LD.

China has such a big pool of strong player comparing to Malaysia.

strong Training and sparing opponent is very important for a player to reach what he is both physically, technically and mentally.

There are no other players in Malaysia that is half as good as LCW in Malaysia.

Bravo for China to stay as the top badminton nation like soccer in brazil.

LD must be the best badminton player in China's history.

10. victory

victory Regular Member

LCW is unreal in this OG! Bravo to him.

Honestly, given his injury about 10 weeks ago, I wouldn't have thought he could get pass Simon Santoso at the first place. But he stormed into final and fought like a Champion. Let's face it, until the very last moment nobody knows how it is going to end. The game could have gone either way. The game was that intense! You won't believe this is a man that came back from injury about 10 weeks ago.

LCW is unreal. His fighting spirit and determination should be an example of all Malaysian athletes.

I really don't think he should feel bitter about losing out to LD with 2 points margin. He should feel very proud. Two silver medals consecutively in OG!

11. visor

visor Regular Member

no, he's possibly the best in world history.

12. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Honestly, in my humble opinion for LCW to have reached the finals and presented LD such a challenge despite the two injuries he encountered this year, he is already worthy of the title "Champion". No one else would have been able to do that. He has fought for his right to achieve that. He is still the highest achieving badminton player Malaysia has ever produced.

On the other hand LD has been a lot luckier to not have faced the same problems as LCW had and we would never know if LD would have had recovered from the same level of injury as LCW had in the same period of time. Perhaps LD could. However of course, LD is still on different class above LCW in terms of gameplay although that is a different discussion topic. It is just unfortunate that LCW had to exist in the same era as LD, if not LCW would have achieved more.

13. King's

King's Regular Member

LCW is the best there is Malaysia has to offer. Nothing can be taken away from the great LCW. In the LD era, LCW, TH and PG provided much of all the sparks in LD's various triumphs. Needless to say, without them LD's victories would've not been so glittering!

All in all, LCW did his country proud many times over!:cool:

14. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Myth or Fact (Now it has come to past)

View attachment 128268

After LCW's injuries and before the start of the Olympics, many of the so-called logically-orientated minds said this:

LCW should not play in this Olympics bearing in mind that with the injury and the pressure to recuperate and train within such a short period of less than 2 months - will only serve 2 purpose. 1) defeat, possibly early rounds 2) humiliation

So, LCW should stay back at home and train and forget about the Olympics.

This goes to show, that sometimes, eventhough the argument is quite logical, it does not apply to LCW as he is no ordinary man. For I see now that Malaysia's triumph is having an athlete so committed and hardworking as LCW. Yes, not getting the gold was disappointing as he slumped on the floor at 21-19.

But I know this. His era to overcome LD will come. As long as LCW keep going and not listen to some who readily judge him as a failure again (morons), his time will come. The way LCW played the 1set was just fantastic.

For the world of badminton needs both LD and LCW. How contrastingly empty it would be without them.:cool:

PS:DLCW says sorry on twitter.

https://twitter.com/lee_c_wei

#8614 Pakito, Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  15. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Lee Chong Wei said that he needed to work harder. This means that he will be playing until 2013 WC!?

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lcw story is well matched london OG theme
    inspire a generation!

17. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

[​IMG]
    No words can describe how he felt after he came as 2nd best once again to Lin dan in the same stage.. Despite having a HUGE burden of expectations from millions of MALAYSIANS back in Malaysia, he still fought like a warrior and fight for the country..He is already a hero for the country.. There's nothing to be sorry of.. From what I see, he had already tried his very best in yesterday's match to fight against Lin Dan. But in badminton, there will only be one winner and unfortunately the winner yesterday is not him. Anyway, that's life and life still goes on. Perhaps, that's faith. I sincerely hope that he can have a good rest after this and forget every hurtful scene he had on badminton court thus far though its very hard to be honest. But i'm sure malaysians and all the baddy fans here in malaysia will always behind him and continue support him no matter what. Always have faith.:) Thank you LCW for giving us here in MALAYSIA something to cheer about in London Olympics 2012..:cool:

#8617 george@chongwei, Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  18. george@chongwei

He already said he will give the WC another shot last year.

19. george@chongwei

I hope all the young badminton enthusiast in malaysia will be inspired by his brave and inspired performance yesterday...Trust me, there won't be another LCW in malaysia again... Unless miracles happen.

20. george@chongwei

Yup, his bro also mentioned about that yesterday. Anyway, time to take a good long rest, LCW.;)
    Was watching at the same places as LCW's bro watching yesterday.. After the match, LCW's bro also cried and was very sad..
    [h=1]Defeated but still a hero in eyes of M’sians[/h][h=2]By ISABELLE LAI and WINNIE YEOH
    newsdesk@thestar.com.my[/h]

PUCHONG: Olympic gold may have eluded Datuk Lee Chong Wei again but he has been hailed a hero by Malaysians who rallied around their champion.
    Stunned into silence when China's badminton superstar Lin Dan snatched the gold with a 21-19 score in the rubber set, they cheered themselves hoarse when Chong Wei took the podium as the silver medallist at the London 2012 Olympics.
    The scene was a repeat of the Beijing 2008 Olympics when Lin Dan denied Chong Wei the gold medal as he triumphed on home ground.
    Chong Wei's grief as he sank to his knees was palpably felt, especially by his elder brother Joe Lee, who cried when the 79-minute tension-filled match ended.
    Joe, 38, said he was proud of Chong Wei's performance as the latter had worked hard to bring home Malaysia's first Olympic gold.
    “For Malaysia and badminton, he has given so much, sacrificed so much. In the eyes of our family, he is always number one. I think he performed beyond our expectations,” he said at the Golden Road to London event organised by Sapporo at the Geographer Adventure Restaurant and Bistro here.
    Joe, who bears a close resemblance to his famous sibling, said he spoke to Chong Wei a few days ago about the ankle injury he suffered during the Thomas Cup in May.
    He said Chong Wei told him he still had to take painkillers and had trouble sleeping due to overwhelming pressure.
    “I hope when he comes back to Malaysia, he will finally have a chance to rest. He has not had a chance to rest in the past few months,” he said, expressing gratitude that their mother Khor Kim Choi was in London to comfort Chong Wei.
    In BUKIT MERTAJAM, Chong Wei's father Lee Ah Chai said his son had made him the proudest father in the world.
    The 59-year-old watched his son bag the silver along with some 50 supporters in his hometown in Berapit here.
    The group, which included Penang MCA secretary Lau Chiek Tuan, watched the showdown at the Taman Serumpun community hall.
    “No Malaysian has ever won two silver medals in the Olympics.
    “He still makes us proud and I wish to thank all Malaysians for their support,” he said.
    Ah Chai's best friend, Paul Ng, 42, had a tough time holding back his tears.
    “It was so close and he put up a good fight until the end. It must have been hard for him,” he said.