Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong going for quality instead of quantity in 2010

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Jan 4, 2010.

1. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Do u think fuzzy is really in danger,....i think they will still be there as long as they wanted to.........I think Mak/TWK is in danger, if they dont show improvement, after so long in back up,....their play in Copenhagen was a disaster in their career........theyshd be worry...not fuzzy :D:D

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

You trying to use bahasa terbalik is it?:p Fuzzy is oldest in the squad lah. Quite soon will be semi uncle.;)
    How Mak HC supposed to 'so long in back up' when he only join 1 yr, now only 19? TWK some more win 'small' XD title with WKW.
    Hoon & Ong SH more senior, they also still there, they & Lufti/Vountus Indra more danger. :D

back to KKK/TBH - the equation on 'trend' will change once TKH is added as coach, even if he doesnt coach them personally

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    erm,why their play in copenhagen is a disaster for their career?:confused:

4. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Helang, dont need say too cleary lah...........fuzzy even playing at semi uncle age also can continue one lah,....not nice to see the whole squad are non-malays..........semangat satu malaysia mah....! :D:D

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    erkhem
    u know
    the football squad get rm 30k for each player that get the gold medal in SEA games after 20 years
    8 ppl included staff and coach get rm 21k;)
    it was almost rm 800k;)
    then,the budjet ratio is changed
    u can see they start to fly to here and there for match;)

oh,nsc,how much did u pay for ours squad that win the women team event gold after 34 years?
    i dont even read a sentence of it in any news paper

chris
    play less in others tournament doesnt mean u 100% will perform well in bigger stage
    if u are not good enough,u wont win even u are 3x fresher than others in the tournament;)

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    It's not only their physical condition, but mental as well

Agree. :):):)

But surely fresher players (even though they are not good enough) should perform better than if they are tired and exhausted.

It's not only their physical condition, but mental as well. We know that harder intensive training can also cause tiredness and exhaustion, but mentally they are fresher to face challenges at tournaments.

This is just my opinion. BTW, CHN has adopted this approach.

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    but
    that is not the only reason for china adopt this approach;)
    they have learn that too dominant in the sport is harming;)

8. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Badminton in China is organised under the same umbrella with Table Tennis, I believe

Surprised to hear that. Is it harming Badminton? :confused::confused::confused:

Badminton in China is organised under the same umbrella with Table Tennis, I believe.

China Table Tennis teams have always dominated the world at Table Tennis events. Surely, LYB would try to do the same for his Badminton team.

#28 chris-ccc, Jan 5, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    sorry for off topic
    maybe u didnt follow table tennis closely enough i think?:confused:
    they do purposely let go some event to other country to win some title
    get what i mean?
    table tennis is at the border of say bye bye to olympic;)

#29 limsy, Jan 5, 2010
  10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well
    to me
    koo/tan is the weakest pair in the top four md pair
    regardless their head to head or titles/achievement
    i believe only those who been blinded by the malaysia boleh spirit think they is not the weakest in the top four
    please provide evident to proof they is not the weakest in top 4 if u disagree with me;)

11. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Not blinded lah,...as i always said...others top 3 that's mean they are just rank close to top 4 because they still very vulnerable to those lower rank pairs, so i dont rank them higher then 4th.......dont worry..! :D:D

I think my previous posts already provided lots of eveidents concerning they are just top 4 but not top 3........go check those....! ;);)...cant remember or still find it hard to understand...?? :D:D

I think narnia's statistic also said the same..........they are the weakest among top 4......:rolleyes:

So far, I never said they are top 3 even they rank WR 1 now......:eek::eek: as unreliable as usual...;);)

But, being the weakest pair in top 4 doesnt means that they cant make a break thru.........as i always said they have the potential, only they need to be more focus, more demanding on themelves, more positive attitude in their game, less play-play in their games, more determine and more matured and no more excuses for their losts........then they will make it to the top 3........

#31 jasonmarc, Jan 5, 2010
  12. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, Chris........

Good to go for quality than quantity.......so next time there will be no more
    excuses for their lost............like u listed out above. :p

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    let see
    if u dont think they are in top 3
    1)why u want to compare kkk with lyd who won 14 ss titles,olympic gold medal at age of 21?
    2)expect them to win major when there is 2 times wc+olympic md silver medalist+few times ae winner fu/cai,wc and olympic gold medalist kido/hendra setaiwan and 2 time wc silver medalist+9 md ss titles+1 ae winner lee yong dae/jung jae sung is participate in thos major?:confused:
    3)yes,u can dream,because u no need to dream if u know they good enough to win;)
    4)when u urself also think they are vulnerable to those lover rank pair and unreliable,u expact them to win against those lower rank pair at the same time and critic them when they not winning?:confused:
    5)as u acknowledge they are only the 4th in md,u cannot accept thats the fact their lost here and there because of many reason?:confused:if they are good enough,they wont face problem such as stamina problem,mentality problem,inconsistence problem and many more
    6)as u said,fuzzy reach the same stage with koo/tan in ae and wc 2009
    and they are the 5th in md ss titles rank
    why cant compare the 4th and the 5th in ss titles winner rank?:rolleyes:

14. eaglehelang

Hiyaa, Fuzzy won 2 SS titles in 2008 mah. After 2012, it will be TBH(KKK also semi uncle by then) & youngsters turn.
    Who say it's all non malays, got Razif, Mohd Lufti, WD got Nairul. Got Indian/others like Vountus. Singles MS squad got many malays, can balance the racial mix.
    They want move up, must show results lor :D

#34 eaglehelang, Jan 5, 2010
  15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well
    i think u cant get the picture of why they lost
    they lost because they are not good enough to compare with the top 3
    thats simply
    and why they are not good enough?
    like u said and like what u think,they have focus problem,attitde problem,not mature enough and bla bla bla
    thats the reason they lost
    and the excuse is because they are not good enough
    the tired excuse because their stamina not as good as others,thats the fact
    why u cant accept the fact that their stamina is not good enough?:confused:

16. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, but i still think those problems can be over come, not only me, the coaches and BAM also think the same........dont u think....:D:D

Unlike MK's health problems which is quite beyone control some times.... stamina problems, mentality problems, attitude problems and all problems can be control, can be improved........:D Thats why the coaches, BAM and kkk/tbh themselves are now looking for quality liao........Its means they wanted kkk/tbh to improve in those aspects.......

again, Stamina problems shd not be a permenant problems to a Professional sportmem............all these can be improve. So ifthey really go for quality in 2010.......we shd hope to see better results from them....and no more excuses after all these measures done by BAM and their coaches. :D

17. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

1. In sport, a sportman mentallity is very important...ones just cannot be over respect to some one who have won 14 SS titles and think LYD as a untouchable godlike idol that cant be compare with.....;)

2. KKK/TBH were once never lose a match to MK/HS, KKK/TBH were once AE champion in 2007 and AG Champion 2006 before MK/HS won any major titles......If MK/HS have such mentallity, that cant expect to win anything when they have to meet up with KKK/TBH just like u said in (2) MK/HS wont be what they are now, OLYMPIC Champion and World Champion and some more SEA MD Champion. :D:D

3. Like once LD said before Olympic 2008, He said his dream is to be a Olympic Gold Medalist in Beijing,.....at that time no one dare to say that LD is not good enough to grab the gold medal, but he himself still dream for that medal......So, we still have to dream even we know they are good enough to win.

4. It is not some thing that they shd proud of when they lost frequently to those lower rank pairs...So, they have over come this problems to be more consisten, if they just keep on losing to these pairs, they might over taken by those pair and dropped out from top 4 position...so, we have to critic those uncharacteristic loses.

5. Like i have said, these are the problems can be solved, we cant just accept what is it, we have to find way to over come ithem. I am positive that they have the ability to do it and a potentially big winner.

6. No, what i mean was, i rather compare KKK/TBH to those top 3 pairs in the world than comparing kkk/tbh with those lower rank pairs. We cant just satisfied that they are slightly better than those rank 5 and lower and always accept defeats from top 3 and sadly, loses to those lower rank pairs.

#37 jasonmarc, Jan 5, 2010
  18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

They(NSC) surely thinks that football have a brighter chance than badminton to achieve a gold medal in the OG 2012 in London:rolleyes::mad:;)

19. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, its look unfair to badminton....:(

But football world status is definately very much greater compare to badminton...just look at the football World Cup, its a huge global event ......compare to badminton, still a alien sport according to some Bcer member here in North America....:D:D:D

20. eaglehelang

At that time, as I stated before, KKK only played MD. KKK/TBH won MO 2007 but lost steam during KO 2007, held the next week. After that, the coaches decided KKK only played MD until sometime in 2008.
    In 2008, KKK back to playing XD also. After this, cannot expect same results as 2007. If in 2007, KKK younger, play 2 dept also he lose steam, now even more so.:D
    The 'trend' with KKK playing 2 dept & 1 dept is different.;);)

MK/Hendra dont play XD (although Kido is XD WJC, haha), same with Fu/Cai. So far, only LYD(for male player) can be successful in playing 2 dept, his team mates, as young as him also, cannot follow.