Li Xuerui ( 李雪芮 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by cobalt, Nov 4, 2011.

1. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I don't envision her getting any action based on the strength of the CHN team.

Anyway I don't think she will be disposed as a leading light even if she doesn't play well at the Olympics. She has star written all over her.

2. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Is each Uber Cup team consist of more than 3 WS players? LXI definitely will be in Uber Cup team. Even LXI not play well from now to May, Chinese team won't play the 3 Wang's in every match. They should rest 1 or the Wang's against weaker team and let LXI and the 5th WS player get some playing time.

3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Interestingly, WSX was not among those selected to play in the UC preliminary rounds. LXR was. But the BWF rankings between LXR and WSX is still around 7000 points in WSX's favour as of today.

What's even more interesting is that both LXR and WSX didn't make it to any finals or semis in the August period of last year. Significant maybe, in terms of the fact that the OG will be in August. But its possible yet that both girls may get a look in during the UC this year, at some stage or other.

In any case, LXR is still young enough for her to be a very real (and automatic, I dare say) pick for 2016 and possibly, even 2020. She's been showing her pedigree and also a very mature head on young (and strong! :D) shoulders. So even if she chokes at the OG2012 (if selected) it would be an incredibly stupid LYB and co. who would write her off for 2016. Chances are, WX, WSX and possibly WYH may not be able to sustain their current level of play until then. Based on current form projected, I'd say LXR would be the undisputed frontrunner in 2016.

4. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    i read somewhere that LYB thinks JYJ is not aggressive enough for team event (ie, Uber and Sudirman Cups). I guess LXR's chance of playing in Uber is high.

5. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

actually its quite a good chance that she will play in the early round as they have to play all 5 matches even the team is already 3 or 4 matches up

6. madbad

madbad Regular Member

You're right, she will see some action in the group stages. They will have to play 3 x WS and 2 x WD.

7. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

LYB also on the record said that players 'selected' for London Olympic will definite be in the TC/UC team.
    That will be interesting.

8. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

then i think we can assumed that JYJ won't be in the team then. too bad. hehe

9. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Actually, having re-read your post, it kinda makes sense. If you don't obey LYB and always act in the best interest of the entire team, you cannot survive.

Do you think WSX will repeat ZM's mistake? If LYB tells WSX to lose to WX, WYH or LXR in the quarter finals of Olympics, will WSX obey?

#109 pcll99, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Sometimes I wonder if threads for individual CHN players are necessary

As a follower of tournaments for teams (like the Thomas, Uber, Sudirman Cups), yes, I would say that LYB is doing a great job to ensure that his CHN team will win.

But as a follower of tournaments for individuals, I don't like the match-fixing orders from LYB. It spoils what I wish to know about individual CHN player's skills and abilities.

Sometimes I wonder if threads for individual CHN players are necessary.

Or, perhaps we could change the title of this thread to "Li Xuerui - A team player for China", but not as an individual player for herself. ;););)

11. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    It's a personal battle between WSX and LXR - War and Beauty. We dont know the outcome until the end of the qualifying period.

12. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    but everyone agrees WSX and also WYH together with WX would probably find LXR despicable if her presence disposes one of the Wangs. One will feel the unjust action done upon them.

13. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Really? It's interesting you should think so, and that you choose these words to express your thoughts.

14. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Agree. Please speak for yourself, not everyone else. Unjust? Surely you jest :cool:

You keep trying to perpetuate this speculation that it's become personal between LXR and WSX (and to a lesser extent, WYH and WX) when you don't even know it's a fact.

15. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Female especially are very vengeful when they feel they are unfairly treated...I am sure Zhou Mi or Ye Zhaoying particularly hold a deep grudge against LYB (no doubt) and perhaps even the teammates who robbed them of their self-belief and ability to perform on their merit. Only Zhou Mi was brave enough to step up and say enough is enough hence severing ties with them..I wonder if they are still friends..i heard only Gao Ling was nice enough to keep in touch with Zhou Mi..i dont know about the rest. We only know what's developed on the surface.

16. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Ok fair enough..Maybe WYH doesnt really care because she is not close friend with any of the other Wangs; she only worries about herself. But Wang Xin (nicest one) will sense the unfavourable outcome towards WSX is unacceptable considering they both got promoted to the first team at the same time so they sorta understood one another pretty well if that were to happen.

17. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    as u all know, ZhuLin was not chosen to play the Beijing 2008 Olympics despite the fact that she was the reigning World Champion of 2007. I think she was ahead of LuLan in May 2008 in world rankings.

In 2007, I went to watch the Hong Kong Open (around November 2007). I sat physically close to LYB during the round of 16 (i think a thursday). I was four seats away from him. After ZhuLin finished her game for the day, which she won against a foreign player, she went to talk to LYB. I can't remember whether it was a Korean or Japanese player. LYB was mad about her about something. I couldn't hear what they were saying. It was like ZhuLin just received her death sentence. I didn't pay much attention at the time, but thinking back, maybe LYB decided against sending ZhuLin for the Beijing OG in late 2007.

18. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Apparently WSX is a very clever person, even LYB once said in the interview she is quite clever and applied on court to cope with her opponents. I am not sure if her IQ can outfox LYB this time to protect her ticket to London.

19. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Yes she was trying to push her luck by getting LYB on her side to select her over aging Zhang Ning which pisses of LYB very much. The true fact behind Zhu Lin's victory in the Kuala Lumpur WC 2007 was Xie Xingfang i think or whoever has to throw the match so Zhu Lin could beat Wang Chen easily as Zhu Lin has a better record. Apart from being reigning World Champion, she has not achieved fantastic results in other tournaments before OG 2008. I admit i was quite surprised LYB chose ZN because of her age as a doubt factor. I think probably because during the selection process, LYB was extremely confident China can nail the Gold Medal for WS for sure by having Xie Xingfang and Lu Lan on the team. With China's position as host, he could select another third player so he thought why give the opportunity to Zhang Ning to defend her title even though it's slim. He has calculated his risks very well and think Zhu Lin was meant to replace Lu Lan but i guess internal dispute pushed her out of place. This is what happens when you play your cards wrong..

20. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

hmm, full f tactics inside china team. :p