Professional players and their racquets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Josh, Oct 13, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

You don't understand sarcasm do you?

2. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Anyway I believe top ranking professional players like Lee Chong Wei , uses JP version rackets , thats why they can string min 30 tension..

3. Renmazuo27

I'm sorry but what does this have to do with Mogensen using an Arcsaber FB or Zforce? Please read carefully and understand what has been posted beforehand.

4. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    It doesnt matter which racket he use.. He not the player I support...

I support Ahmad.T (Indonesia) Victor

5. Renmazuo27

If it doesn't matter to you, why comment about Mogensen in regards to what racquets he uses? If it's not relevant to you, why comment?

6. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    ok ... sorry bro

7. stopdrop

stopdrop Regular Member

student
    Kim Sa Rang used the new JS8PS after he broke the strings of his MX80 in the Hong Kong SS Finals.

8. msitpro

msitpro Regular Member

IT consultant
    Imogen Bankier - YY Nanoray 750:

_71317254_blair_bankier.jpg

9. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Your points are well taken. However, I had numbers of times asking some pro players about their preference of rackets and so far those who could really give a clear cut answer are minority. Some of them did not even care about balance point or stiffness, they choose their rackets just purely for the sake of sponsorship and specifically based on what they feel when they used those rackets. Some even said, "doesn't matter what is the brand, materials and specs of the racket... as long as I feel good and confident to use one racket then the racket is good to go".
    Having said that, I noticed those pros who are more particular about rackets are mostly ladies. They can be very choosy about the racket's weight, stiffness, balance, even the colors of string and grip.

#2209 quixilver, Nov 24, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  10. visor

visor Regular Member

Interesting...

Perhaps then it could be because male pros are so strong with their arms that they can adapt to any wt, bp, swing wt, stiffness. Or maybe they're just denser and more insensitive (as most males are :p) than female pros, who're more sensitive to their equipment.

But what does "feel good in their hand" even mean? :rolleyes: It's like a race car driver who doesn't care to know his car's power to wt ratio, gear ratios, tire types and pressures, and shocks and springs rates, etc. Sure, as a pro, he doesn't need to worry about these minor details, because he's got a whole support team to manage, modify, and maintain the car. But before he got to the pro level, I'm sure he had to take care and be aware of his equipment as an amateur.

Can you imagine how much better the pro players can be if they're more aware of their preferred specs? :)

11. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

I doubt they'd be better, perhaps worse hehe - they'd be concentrating on the wrong thing! When I last heard the Indonesian coach talk about why the Men's Doubles and Mixed Doubles were so successful now, he didn't mention anything about racket specs!

12. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

It is quite a contradictive question. Truth to be told, pro players often have difficulties to understand those technical/scientific aspects since there are very limited resources for them to learn... Well, I'm talking about players in Indonesia where English is not their main language and most available resources are in English, so language is considered as one huge barrier. Moreover, those players may not be so fortunate to spend a lot of money to try new equipments as much as some of us do, unless they are really on the top stage where sponsors will do for them.
    Talking about racing car drivers, Niki Lauda and Michael Schumacher are very well known of their "extra" knowledge of technical aspects of F1 cars. It helps them to give more feedbacks to the team's engineers in setting up the car according to their preference as much as possible. A proven great success indeed.

Of course top badminton pro players might have done this as well, and one good example is the great Lin Dan. He has been very persistent with his "official" weapon so far.

13. visor

visor Regular Member

^ Where's the double like button? :D

Of course it's also possible and probable that at the very top pro levels, racket manufacturer sponsors likely have specialized technicians who sort out and QC the rackets according to specs and preferences.

This is done in tennis and golf already, so I don't see why not badminton.

#2213 visor, Nov 24, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  14. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Not sure if we can compare racing cars to badminton rackets. Maybe racing cars to the America's Cup is more appropriate:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America's_Cup

These guys spend millions of dollars to get a "faster vehicle". I'm pretty sure most people would agree with me that the badminton racket isn't comparable to equipment in these "sports".

15. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

I am pretty sure pro's know what they want in their rackets, maybe some of them might not be able to say on I want my BP to be at 305mm with a wet weight of 95g etc, but pretty sure(for the non technical pro) they can say, I like this racket please find 5 others like this and put them in my bag... While there's the argument that they are pros they can adjust quickly well, yes, they probably can adjust but there would still be an adjustment period where in a match I'm sure even a few points could make a difference... An I'm sure if you switch out Tiger Wood's golf club, he'd know... Even if he can play with it, pretty sure the performance will still suffer a bit...

16. Heong

Heong Regular Member

What's Wang Zhengming using?

Li-ning...

17. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    N90III? And that red one that's a blatant Arc10 copy paintjob :)

18. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

WZM's racket pretty looks like a N90-III. But in my eyes, it's too much of the white colour to be a N90-III.

19. Leekwanngo

Leekwanngo New Member

seananlee@yahoo.com.hk
    Which racquet did Lee Yong Dae and Lee chong Wei use in Hong Kong Yonex Sunrise 2013

20. Lemollin

Lemollin Regular Member

LYD - Victor BS12 blue colour.

LCW - Yonex Voltric Z-force, green colour.