when will they ever learn?

Discussion in 'Thailand Open / Indonesia Open / Singapore Open 20' started by AlanY, Jun 13, 2012.

1. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

it's almost 1 in the morning, still 5 matches to go with one not even started yet.
    it's obvious that 20 matches per court a day is way too much even with the 8:30 morning start.

they either have one more court or play some matches on day 1 with the qualification.
    there is no 2 ways about it!

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    1.15am in the morning and Boonsak's match just started...

3. miksss

miksss Regular Member

If i'm not mistaken this year all england also finished so late in 1st round. But couldn't find any thread opened to discuss about it :rolleyes:

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

It has to do with BWF's regulation that only allows 4 courts to be played for SSP events. Correct me if I am wrong.

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    have they actually justify the reason for that? surely it doesn't take a math genius to work out the schedule for 4 courts vs 5 courts, esp when they already have so much match duration statistics from the past years.

6. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

I suppose BWF management is mostly made out of ex-players. If they can make a decision like this and justify it then I think their brain must have degraded. Just recently we had the blunder in the All England, if they cant learn from that then I dont know what to say.

7. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Yesterday s Cinderalla matches confirm that BWF decision makers fail in their grasp of elementary Maths. Somebody please help them. How about the recently BCF recognised Maths wizard?

8. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Please note...we did elarn that we were not allowed to do it until next year....we will have 7 days instead of 6 days,,,Denmark and AE will not change but INA Open will change it to qualification on Monday, tuesday and wednesday for main draw...Djarum did apply but been told they could not do it ...so it is not INA Open's fault.....

The idea is whoever qualified on Monday, they will play on wednesday....thats fair!!!

#8 huangkwokhau, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  9. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Please note that INA players were at disadvantages....all played last matches...dont ever sya that INA Open is not fair..

10. miksss

miksss Regular Member

calm down hauge. we know the organizers has done their best ;):cool:

11. Jimmy_Goh

Jimmy_Goh Regular Member

Frankly, I also find it ridiculous that yesterday last match finished almost 2am (Indo time).
    It is not fair to the players, audience (at stadium) and badm followers (on tv or internet) to stay up (& out) so late in the night.
    I think bwf should impose a regulation that last match of the day should start by 10pm (so that it ends by 11pm) for both safety and health reasons for players and fans.

12. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    BWf requires 3 month notice to chage the schedule....apparently INA Open application is less than 3 month...BWF just recently change the rule and state any changes of schedule for SS or Premier will be allowed....Denmark Open may have XD matches to start on Tuesday...also there is a thought to scrap all qualications..some disagree and it is not fair for other players who want to qualify...please keep in mind...any changes takes time....so far INA Open had exceeded BWF's expectation......Please don't blame any schedules on organizer....we had discussed it to death..

13. Jimmy_Goh

Jimmy_Goh Regular Member

For big events, I know it is good to have rules in place for changes.However, the approval authority should review the thoroughness of the schedule before doing the initial approval. Previously, there were some tournaments that have to postpone some late night games to the next day . . . these are learning experience.The approving authority should be experienced enough to know (by looking at the Indo schedule submission) that Wednesday game will finish past midnight and ask Indo organizer to review.Just my thought. I have organized similar tournaments too (but not this big scale). No hard feelings.:)

14. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Why does BWF requires 3 months notice to change schedule?

15. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    The reson for 3 month notice is some players may buy the air tickets way ahead...thats the reason given by BWF

16. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    It is easy to say...but in reality..BWF has tough rules...even we wanted to change some matches as some players played quite late..we could not do it....unfortunately this is beyond our control...the good news is they will allow for next tournaments....Again...Indonesia organizer has NO RIGHT to change the schedule...it is with BWF, TSA, etc..AGAIN,,,Do not blame on Indonesia Open's organizer...

17. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

We re not blaming the organisers but BWF. Djarum has done a wonderful job. The courts look beautiful. I couldn't believe it is Istora! What comes across , with all the activities, and dressing up the Olympians, is how much thought and effort and money,you all must have put into this tournament. The love and passion and pride for Badminton is obvious. Congratulations! Easily the top tournament in the BWF calendar! Very happy for Indonesia.

18. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Chill buddies. Nowhere did AlanY mention that INA SSP organizers are at fault. When will they ever learn? is direction at BWF since the same thing happened at AE and Peter Gade lost...

Lee Hyun-il is the high-profile victim this time.

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hauge
    we all know u are clever and love badminton^^
    and glad to know bwf is changing toward a better way

20. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    i think this is due to the display of OSIM's logo near the umpire and the service judge. That's why they couldn't have 5 courts. is that right?