Show us your badminton shoes!

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Sgbad, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Ah_Peng

Ah_Peng Regular Member

Its the color i have been searching for.
    Nice buy. :D

2. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

nice show

sg got sell har?

3. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

For those of you using volleyball shoes, do you find that it gives you proper support? I used to play volleyball, and there's definitely not the same degree of lateral motion when compared with badminton.

4. mizivincible

mizivincible Regular Member

One thing that pissed me off usually when asking a badminton shoe (Yonex,Victor) for my size, the seller will like "owh we dont bring size 12, would you like to try size 10 ?" :mad:

I tried the Kobes, and actually owned 3 and 4 for basketball. I love it, unfortunately, it doesnt come cheap or bargain here, the 5 is phased out, the 6 is still selling for MYR 380. The 7 is whooping MYR530.

But but but, the Kobe 7 Shark, I'd kill to get one.

Zoom_Kobe_VII_Shark_WM-3__65266_zoom-580x384.jpg

You can check out Mizuno in The Garden, alternatively, watch out for department stores which sell sport equipments, sometimes they do have 1 or 2 pairs surfaced.

Thanks. Absolutely love it. Especially the heel. It looks high, but when you wear it and it compressed, its low to ground, sometimes when you retrieve shot where you have to land with heels, it completely absorbs the shocks and impact.

#784 mizivincible, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  5. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

is kobe 7 shark good for badminton?

6. awekuda

awekuda Regular Member

Pemukul Bulu
    Thanks mizi. will look for it when i "pusing2" the garden :D

7. uncle_peanuts

uncle_peanuts Regular Member

student of badminton
    I have always been intrigued about basketball shoes and their badminton potential. They've always seemed heavy and clunky to me, but I saw the Kobe 6's last year and they were light and low cut. I have been debating about getting a pair for badminton as a I find the quality of most badminton shoes mediocre at best. I have yet to take a look at the kobe 7's, but if they're an improvement on the 6's, maybe it's time to pull the trigger!

8. BlueTornado

wow, those do look really nice..

9. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Photo 27-03-12 11 19 40 AM.jpg

If you try them on, you absolutely WILL buy them. I got mine for 99 bucks at Footlocker in LA when I was there on holidays. Shoulda bought two pairs.

They work better for Badminton than any of the shoes I've tried so far and I honestly can't fault them. The 7's do look visually bulkier than the 6's, but I'd have to try a pair on to tell whether they've actually bulked up or not. Yep, the Shark ones look sh|t-hot!

Oh yeah, and the other thing to consider. After 6 months use, my Yonex were already showing visible signs of wear, and ended up dying after 12 months. The Nikes?

Photo 27-03-12 11 18 44 AM.jpg

Nothin'!

10. S1Driver

S1Driver Regular Member

I see this is still the main topic thatpop up on google search and google images when you hit the banda prospeed key words. Well it's been 5 years since I got my first pair ofBanda shoes for around 20 euros from Dandoy-sports and the time toget a new pair has come. I was surprised to find they may have beendiscontinued since there were no longer available on the site, plusmy review has disappeared. So after a quick search managed to findthem at a local online store that now had them for 12 euros(including delivery), I nearly bought 2 pairs to stock up for thefuture lol! 2 days later they arrived. \o/

I thought about getting something elseto be honest but didn't want to compromise the ultra low factor theseshoes are. The only thing that separates your foot from the thingummy rubber is the sole. Perfect for flat feet like me with extrawidth at the bridge point. For this price they are not leather ofcourse but I can get 10 pairs compared to Asics Gel Blade 3 or AdidasClimaCool 4T. Also I'm not sure how the grip on those would bebecause the Banda Pro Speed use old school gummy rubber like you findin flat band sling shots, which is super grippy stuff (obviouslywears out quicker).

Apart from badminton and table tennis,I also started using them last couple of years for barefoot running.They quickly teach you not to strike your heel or else two days of agonizing pain. And being flat footed this thought me how to run withmy feet getting tired and in pain. The only thing I don’t recommendthem for is walking. You will feel every stone under your foot, andeventually pain in your heel due to lack of cushioning.
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

You can see my first post here #post1006723
    N
    ow that the first Banda shoes got very old I wanted to change the soles. My god this was hard, don't do it. The original soles are glued and I had to use razor + chisel to remove them. Took me hours, especially at the front. Also from different pairs I settled on the SofSole but it was all waste of time. I don't understand why people recommend insoles so much. From all 3 I have right now (with gel, with support, with thin foam) I like neither. The originals seems to be the best. I'm glad I didn't pay money for those considering they are priced the same as standard trainers.

11. kaifah

kaifah Regular Member

student
    paixienet-410504-20110701-170545-f.jpg
    my ayte007 lining..fuhh..its really awesome dude..im not use it for badminton only..but also use it as my jogging shoes..it work perfectly since have the shoe are bulid together with cushion technology...

12. giggle

giggle Regular Member

photo.jpg

AYAG003-6 with matching yellow laces!

13. e1981

e1981 Regular Member

e1981.com
    Olympic champion and equipment
    a166.jpg

14. mo han

mo han Regular Member

Thank you very much to the guys who suggest Kobe's basketball shoes. Seeing as I have many pairs of the Kobe VI's, you have saved me from buying actual badminton shoes. :)

15. Nazmi

Nazmi Regular Member

KLIA Porter
    Just dunlop ~

Image8582.jpg

16. Makkein

Makkein Regular Member

Kobe 8

Copped these shoes for 2013..

KOBE 8 System..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The shoe weighs like askjhasjkhaskjha feathers! Probably would outlast those Yonex F1's x10 way longer.

I'd suggest anyone interested in getting Kobe shoes stay away from KOBE 7'S! Weighs like bricks compared to previous/current model, feels iffy on foot (feel like it gives you blisters), and too many options that make the shoes expensive like it already is..

17. dolbydog

dolbydog Regular Member

Nice Dunlop's! Is that the top of the line? Are they any good or grippy?

18. Nazmi

Nazmi Regular Member

KLIA Porter
    Do you meant my dunlop ? o.o

19. Nazmi

Nazmi Regular Member

KLIA Porter
    If so .. No..it's just a normal shoes.. just MYR/RM 70.00 .. last stock .. size 10.5 ..
    I'm new to badminton..so buy the cheapest & good-looking shoes..
    I try match my Apacs racquet & 135LC bikes colour with the shoes..

Image8584.jpg

Image8643.jpg

563454_379350022131570_719097813_n.jpg

20. BlueTornado

Nice choice, I saw these pop up on Nike.com. The shoes look great. Definitely agreed with the advice, Kobe 7's are way too heavy according to retailer's reported weight spec.