Yonex new racket is coming: Nanoray Z speed!!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by kumache, May 29, 2013.

1. bos_dc2

bos_dc2 Regular Member

My Zspeed paired with ZM65 24x26 is fantastic, still have to work out the timing issues that i'm now experiencing but it's one fine racquet to learn with.

Far easier to use than the Z-Force lol. I still believe my Voltric 80 4u is an easier racquet to pick up and play but I like the challenge.

2. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

Who is currently using the Z-Speed but previously had the Z-Force and Z-Slash??
    How do they compare??
    I have a Z-Slash and Z-Force and love the Z-Force compared to the Z-Slash.
    Wondering how this feels compared to the other Z-rackets.

3. milton

milton Regular Member

I prefer the z slash to the z force. I only recently brought the z slash but the extra flex makes everything easier compared to the z force which I had been using for a year. I saw on directbadminton they rate the stiffness of the z force @ 53mm (extra stiff), z slash @ 58 (medium stiff) and the z speed @ 63mm (flexible). Is the z speed really that much more flexible than the z slash?

4. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

I have all the z series.
    Easy to use: ZS> ZSP> ZF
    I think many ppl sell ZSP because it's way out of their expectation.
    It was rated not extra stiff not ultra head-heavy.
    But it plays pretty stiff and heavy.
    It's more stressful for my fingers to use ZSP than Mp100 & NS9000-X.
    You have to treat this racket like ZF or AT700 ... etc.

Though ZS is much easier to use, I prefer ZSP much more.
    The sweetspot of ZSP is simply way better than ZS.
    Not about the size but the location and shape of the sweetspot is hella good to use.
    I play badminton for more than 10 years and I have to train my fingers for this racket.
    It's heavy but fast. Unlike other rackets, one can easily make fast and decent moves with ZSP.
    Along with the performance comes physical demand.

5. drew tze en

ah okay, I'm finding that even though the Voltric Z-Force is (really) head heavy I enjoy that but with your Z-Speed is it more head heavy than the Z-Force??

6. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

ZF is more head heavy than ZSP. But I think ZSP is more physical demanding. I was OK using 3u ZF, though tiring. But using ZSP, I have to train my fingers or they will be injured for long time play.
    BTW, my ZSP is only 3u. Couldn't imagine how heavy 2u is.

7. drew tze en

I won't be touching the 2U version I've been playing with a 4U Z-Force, but I'm getting a 3U version and I find 3U kinda heavy :(

8. bos_dc2

bos_dc2 Regular Member

ZSPD feels fairly heavy when you're just holding it but it plays rather fast unlike a heavy racquet.

9. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

And here's me worrying about 30/33.

10. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

OK, here is some tips for you comparing all the Z racquets. All these Z racquets has small head and need to be accurate to get the most out of it.
    ARCZ is the original and designed for 1 purpose, to break the smash speed record.
    VTZF is head heavy to produce heavier shot in case you are smashing from the back.
    NRZS is designed to break the speed record and with idea of pro can take the full advantage of improving all around play. The snap back zone will help only if you can hit the sweet spot consistently top half of the racquet (it is only about 1/3 size of regular racquet). Stiffer head design also helps the net control shot.
    Please keep in mind, if you can not consistently hitting the sweet spot of NRZS, it is not for you.

11. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Finally, my Z Speed has arrived! Please give me a week to test and I'll let you know when I'm posting my review.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

12. yeahehehehe

yeahehehehe Regular Member

My smart guess .
    Feel will be bad
    Defence will be mediocre
    Power will be good , faster than VT80
    and a 3.5 star rating

13. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Should I bother testing this racket at all? (LOL)

I've had it in my hand for a few minutes and then put it away. I had an idea what this racket would be but will reserve judgement how it plays. How odd for Yonex to name a racket outside of it's parameters. Nanoray are head light rackets and yet this feels closer to a Voltric.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

14. yeahehehehe

yeahehehehe Regular Member

For the sake of newbies thinking it's the greatest racket .......... you should

15. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Look at it as ARCZ with design and materiel improvement. It is designed to add on the ARCZ's design. Minor fix to ARC's weakness. And reduce ARCZ's sweet spot by 2/3...

16. lhkjacky

lhkjacky Regular Member

Student

Nice Review on TK-6000.:)
    Looking forward to your review on MX-90 & NR-ZSP :p

~(^_^)~

17. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Oh aye - I tore it to pieces, but don't let our opinions put you off:).

I'd be interested to see what a head-heavy accolyte makes of it, to be honest.

18. bos_dc2

bos_dc2 Regular Member

Definitely interested to hear your review, Paul.

I'm intrigued with the K6000 after your review!

19. lhkjacky

lhkjacky Regular Member

Student
    In 2013 BWF World Championships,

TBH used NR-ZSP, but he seem didn't smash as strong as before.
    and KKK had more unforced error too. :eek:

The TV even didn't show his smash speed and he is not listed in the top five. :confused:

2013 BWF World Championships - Men Speed.jpg

20. CanadianBadmint

CanadianBadmint Regular Member

Student
    Been meaning to try this racket out for a while and I got my chance a few days ago. It was a demo racket strung with BG65 at what felt like 24 pounds-ish. I'm a high intermediate player and I was using feathers at the time. Here's my thoughts on how it played:

Initial impressions: Racket looks great. Very flashy. I was initially concerned about timing issues because of the smaller frame but for the most part, I experienced none. My warm up consisting of drives and clears were great; very solid feeling. It's definitely head heavy and I would say relatively stiff but for clears, the racket swings much faster than it's head-heaviness would make you believe.

Drives: It's good. It doesn't stand out here but it gets the job done. Feels stiff and solid when doing drives.

Defense: Defense is a bit lacking which defies its nanoray name. Here is where the head heaviness penalizes the racket. It definitely felt slower for me when flicking smashes away to the back court. However, it's still not bad. Perfectly acceptable for how head heavy it is.

Clears: Effortless. Clears went to the back with ease, easier than my JJS I would say. Smaller frame makes the racket swing noticeably faster when doing clears.

Smashes (the odd part): This is where the racket surprised me the most. I was initially doubtful at how good it would be at smashes because I hate BG65 (I normally use BG80) but...against all odds. This thing thundered down smashes for me. Any kind of smash from a quick wrist smash to a full power jump smash, this thing just hammered the shuttle down. It downright amazed me in this regard and it felt natural too; I didn't have to get used to it, it just felt right. The odd part is (maybe it's just me), with smashes, this racket suddenly felt much more flexible than it was before with other shots like drives.

Dislikes: I had timing issues with my backhand. It was just completely off and I have no idea why. I assume it's just me not being completely used to the racket.

Conclusion: In the end, I really like this racket. It absolutely shines when doing smashes and all the other shots are just what you would expect from a racket that costs $250. I'm just a bit confused as to why it's called a nanoray. It feels much more like a voltric with its head heaviness.

Nanospeed and nanoray users beware! This is a voltric pretending to be a nanoray!