Badminton Vancouver

Discussion in 'Badminton Vancouver' started by bad-vancouver, Aug 2, 2011.

1. bad-vancouver

bad-vancouver Regular Member

I'm exploring the idea of having badminton leagues, I'll need to do more research to see if the demand is there. As for tournaments, we are very well set up to host them with the 2nd level observation deck

2. bad-vancouver

canada_flag_canadacardworld1.jpg Looking for something to do this Canada day? Come on down to Badminton Vancouver to celebrate our GRAND OPENING on Canada's birthday. July 1st!!! See you there!!!

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    It does look less than that but that impression might well be due to the oblique angle of view.

4. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    Nice!!!

How much do the courts cost on GRAND OPENING??
    What are the hours??

Website needs to be updated cuz it tells me nothing.

5. bad-vancouver

Website is in the process of being updated. Courts are free to play during grand opening. Probably not a good day to try and substitute your regular sunday badminton though place with, if the soft opening was any idication, its gonna be busy.

6. jericho

jericho New Member

let's hope there is a limit to the free play like 1/2 hour per group or 1 hour per group to limit anyone hogging the courts for others to try. unless u do a free drop in type but then you will have to limit the total number of people to avoid total chaos.

7. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    So how much will court rental be on regular days and the hours of operation?

8. bad-vancouver

You can find out at the grand opening or wait till after when it will be posted

9. spy007z

spy007z Regular Member

Is it possible to tell us the rules/procedures on getting a court on grand opening?
    Will any staff overlook the court rotation?

My friends and I wanted pay a visit but do not want to wait for hours for a court.

10. bad-vancouver

We'll do our best to ensure everyone gets a chance

11. bad-vancouver

_MG_0512.jpg

As we are now less than 12 hours from opening the doors at Badminton Vancouver (doors open at 11am), I wanted to personally thank all those on Badminton Central who have patiently waited, took the time to participate in the thread and are planning on attending Sunday's opening of the doors.

While this project as most do; has had its fair share of bumps along the way, I do firmly stand behind the finished product and believe it will have been well worth the wait. And while I do firmly stand behind the product of Badminton Vancouver, I believe our greatest strength lies in the fantastic customer experience we provide. I can assure you that there will be always be clean and well maintained ammenities, a smiling face at the front counter eager to help, knowledgeable and professional staff in the proshop ready to serve your needs and top notch beverage and refreshments upstairs at the Mezz cafe and lounge.

See you all tommorow!!

BV

12. bad-vancouver

portrait1.jpg

Wow, what a turnout, full house for much of the day. Food was flying out of the kitchen, nothing but great comments for the Mezz Burger. Was great to meet so many of you, thank you all so much for the support. Today was more of an open the doors for business event, I've got a much grander; grand opening in the works. In case any of you are wondering, we are now officially open for business.

thanks again

13. visor

visor Regular Member

Yes, I can attest for the food, especially the Mezz burger... excellent stuff! :)

14. bad-vancouver

Nice to finally meet you visor, I imagined you to be taller :D Agreed on the Mezz burger, people were asking for it by name well after the kitchen closed. Heck, we even deliver on Mitchell island

zina.jpg

15. visor

visor Regular Member

Of course... I was changing out of my shoes and was only standing in my socks. :p :D

I can imagine your kitchen will be a pretty busy place at lunch for the locals working on the island.

16. Tedski

Tedski Regular Member

bean counter
    Wow, sounds like a successful event, too bad I was in Portland still. My oldest daughter was with her mix partner there couple weeks ago, did commented the flooring is top notched.Cheers Ted

17. bad-vancouver

Hi Ted, I'm glad your daughter liked the flooring. Sunday's event was more of a "finally open for business" event rather than a grand opening. Hopefully you aren't in Portland for the grand "GRAND" opening.

Anyways, we are open for business, just call the front desk to make a booking :)

We're having an opening special, 6 am to 3 pm is only $10 an hour, after that its $18 per hour.

18. bad-vancouver

I was hoping to be serving great food to the badminton players as well. Along with great food, the Mezz cafe and lounge also makes fantastic coffee and fruit smoothies. A little somthin for everybody. If thats not enough, the 2nd floor observation lounge offers a great view of the baddy action down below, big screen tvs and free wifi. So many good reasons to come upstairs.

19. spy007z

spy007z Regular Member

First, thanks for bringing us another place to play badminton in Vancouver, I live near BBY and your location is so much closer then the other badminton place in Richmond.

Just a couple suggestions after playing @Badminton Vancouver. The day I was there didn't have many pelple, so we had a cance to try out most of the courts.

You may consider putting a blind for the second floor office. The windows with the light on and computer screens are distracting. I also found that light (day time) coming from the main enterence distracting too, I lost sight of the birdie more then a few time because of the light. Lastly but not as important, I found the music you put on may be a bit too loud, as I play, I like it quiet so that I can think and I would like to hear my smash more then the music in the background.

20. bad-vancouver

Thanks Spy, I live in Burnaby too. I've certainly heard your suggestions before and we are working to correct the deficiencies. We'll definetely be taking care of the office lights shortly as well as the front entrance daylight ASAP. The music is enjoyed by most and will be staying, sorry if it really bugs you.

Thanks again for your feedback!