badminton in penang (island)

Discussion in 'Malaysia' started by lolabunny, Feb 19, 2008.

1. lolabunny

lolabunny Regular Member

Hi there.
    Month end so have been swamped to my eyebrows with work! thank god it's over!
    Yea, i've gone to the girl guide hq. it was fully booked. hopefully wat u saw is a slot for a cancelled regular booking, cos when i was there, only weekends were available, and i already have a regular place for saturdays... i need a court for either tues, weds, or thurs. Dowana die of badminton overdose cos juz played/will be playing on saturday :p
    Will go over to boy scout hq n dewan sri, and those other places Dreamzz suggested and look see look see tomorrow. oh, it's Saturday... hope they are open!
    Thanks again!

2. lolabunny

lolabunny Regular Member

ohhhhh... no wonder i found it full... the slots available a bit hard for us... i work in prai, u can imagine the jam getting back into this small island! another friend finishes at 6.30pm... so 5-8pm, well we probably end up playing 1 hour if we're lucky... so... no good for me... so sad :crying:

3. Weng55

Weng55 Regular Member

Student
    that abit too rush for your group to fit in that slot i'll try to enquire in other places for u i'll keep you posted :)

4. lolabunny

lolabunny Regular Member

oh wow. u ARE AN ANGEL! :D
    p/s: we usually play either 8-10 or 9-11... hehe...

5. Weng55

Weng55 Regular Member

Student
    ok i asked the champion force guys there's courts at sri pinang school it's at 21 lorong burma they have 9.00-11.30pm seision available on mon-wed nights so that's your best bet the courts are fairly new but i have not been there myself so i guess you should just go down there and have a look. If you are interested in booking the place monthly call Mr Beh 012-4728948 say you are Mr Liew friend from girl guide place. Hope this works out for u :)

6. lolabunny

lolabunny Regular Member

have called beh n we will be testing the place out on monday night. a bit pricey though. RM12 on week nights, RM8 weekdays & weekends... worth it only if it turns out REALLY good ;)

THANKS AGAIN.

7. Weng55

Weng55 Regular Member

Student
    let me know how good is it :) Good luck!! it's worth it coz it's hard to get courts during weekday nights in penang hehe

8. lolabunny

lolabunny Regular Member

and the management KNOWS IT!!! haha!

9. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

well, you'll always have to pay a premium for 'peak' times.
    kinda strange though, i would have thought weekends would be just as expensive.
    i didn't realise it would be as much as rm12 for week nights.
    the courts are pretty decent, though i'm not sure they are worth rm12/hour.

10. Weng55

Weng55 Regular Member

Student
    I think bukit dumbar charge the same amount and that place is PACKED ^^

11. lolabunny

lolabunny Regular Member

okay
    i just got back from the free 2.5 hour game at sri pinang/sri inai school. we kinda goofed around during the last 0.5 though. we couldnt breathe d! there were only 4 of us! hehe...
    was a good game, it had good lighting, yes, but sad to say, unanimously we decided it would be our first and last game there. i skinned my knee and hit my hand on the hard ground, trying to reach a drop shot. didnt expect my shoe to HALT! ouch...
    i saw that the guy at the next court fell too. phew, i guess i'm not THAT clumsy afterall. the floor indeed was damn grippy... too bad its not wooden or padded or something so it wudnt be THAT painful... we ended up playing very carefully, too carefully actually, so to avoid further injury.
    i actually like & would recommend the place. too bad they didnt do something better for the floor. so, be careful if u play there.
    and oh, try not to hit the shuttle onto the lighting. my fren did that. bye bye new shuttle.

and yes, the fact that one night's game would cost us RM30 (2.5 hours is standard) helped us in our decision to find another place to play. like how my fren put it, "we're not gonna pay RM30 to hurt ourselves" - hehe

12. lolabunny

lolabunny Regular Member

we REALLY hope to find a spot there. my fren's gonna try ask ask tomoro. at least we wont "die" there. wooden flooring, got auntie sell 100+ some more :D but lighting of cos not as good la

13. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

woah, hahaha, i didn't remember it being so bad.
    maybe our standards are too different.
    how did you get it for free though?

14. lolabunny

lolabunny Regular Member

no la. it's not so bad. i like the place (minus the self inflicted injuries!)
    but just not enough to part with 30 bux per session!

we've been playing at batu lanchang for the past 4-5 months. u can imagine the floor condition, especially after a kenduri! so i probably stood a bit too firm... oso my frens were probably trying too hard to make me run up n down the court!
    hehe, all part of the game la. not suing anyone over it - hehe...
    after the fall, was more careful only lor...

about the free part, well, we're surprised too actually... hehe...
    maybe it helped that i've been in sales for almost 10 years? or the fact that i'm a girl? (he dono i oredi auntie! :crying:) or that he could hear from the tone of my voice that i was "truly" serious abt getting a court "somewhere" to play? who knows?! :D

15. Weng55

Weng55 Regular Member

Student
    about the free part hehe. I kind of told Mr Beh we are looking for court and he said he don't mind letting us try out the courts he had no idea I was not gonna be there ^^. Anyway I'll talk to him today about your main complaints hope they can do something to better the condition. To be honest, i should go down there and have a look myself lol....

16. Weng55

Weng55 Regular Member

Student
    In the mean time i'll just ask around there might be an opening in chung hwa high school need to talk to the uncle sorry i recommended a place that i haven't been before tho hard to recommend with that peak time of playing :)

17. lolabunny

lolabunny Regular Member

wah. u sound like a badminton "tai lou"
    *bow bow hail o' great weng55*

#37 lolabunny, Mar 4, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  18. lolabunny

lolabunny Regular Member

oh... like dat ah...
    he called me liao... tell him wat ah?

19. Weng55

Weng55 Regular Member

Student
    tell him the floor was too gripy^^ and you won't be booking from there la anyway i gave him a heads up already when i was playing just now :) Say thanks for letting u guys try the court ^^

20. lolabunny

lolabunny Regular Member

ok boss! thank u boss! hehe... today damn busy. stupid maxis some more no signal at my apt, for dono what reason... i promise i will call him tomoro...

u tried the place out juz now?

cheers!