elite back up/back up player 2010

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by limsy, Jan 6, 2010.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Injuries to Lydia, Julia put semis target in jeopardy

We hope they can resume light training next week. All athletes must be 100% fit two weeks before the tournament but from my estimation, they are obviously not,” he said. “But I’m not at liberty to discuss more until I have presented my recommendations to the coaches tomorrow.”
    “But the replacement has to be lower ranked than the one she comes in for and it has to be approved by the tournament referee,” he said.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/4/28/sports/6143495&sec=sports

Double blow to team

"Hopefully they will be fine. I am not at liberty to reveal the extent of their injuries," said Ramlan at Juara Stadium in Bukit Kiara yesterday.

"I will give my medical decision on both players to the national coaches and the BA of Malaysia tomorrow (today). They have not been training since last weekend."

However, Ramlan said even if they are given the green light for the Finals, they will not be 100 per cent fit.
    "In my estimation, a player needs to be 100 per cent physically fit two weeks before a competition. Both players cannot achieve it as even if they are given the go ahead, they can only start with light training," added Ramlan.

If Lydia and Julia are unavailable, BAM may opt to name World No 99 Sannatasah Saniru and Sonia Cheah, the World No 280, for the Uber Cup. Lydia, the World No 53, is the highest ranked Malaysian in the women's ranking but is below teammate Wong Mew Choo, the World No 22.

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/articles/pl_t4plt4pl/Article/index_html

wish u a speedy recovery

2. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Good luck to Mak Hee Chun/Tan Wee Kiong against Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong tomorrow! I hope that if they defeat Koo/Tan, it will be a wake up call for KKK/TBH!

3. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

Sorry, but they play against the Fairuz pair instead

4. undeadshot

There is no second tie where the shuttlers are pitted against different players this time? :confused: :crying:

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Playful Tan gets serious

“I have dreamt of playing in the Thomas Cup ever since I took up badminton at a very young age.
    “In fact, it was the team’s victory in 1992 (when Malaysia last won the Thomas Cup Finals) that fanned the fire in me to take up the sport,” said the 23-year-old.
    “I will not waste any chance to play for the team. If I am fielded, the team can be rest assured that I will fight for every point.
    “Of course, there will be great pressure. The faint-hearted ones will tremble if they are to play in a decider. But I will fight and not give up.”
    Chun Seang was chosen ahead of seasoned campaigner Kuan Beng Hong for the reserve spot.
    Beng Hong had been thrown into a similar situation at the 2006 Thomas Cup Finals in Tokyo when Choong Hann, who was the team captain then, had to limp out after rupturing his Achilles tendon.
    Beng Hong froze and allowed an inexperienced Joachim Persson to clinch the winning point to take the Danish team to the final with a narrow 3-2 win.
    “It could either be the most relaxing Finals debut for me or the toughest. I will be prepared for any eventualities. For now, I am just thrilled to be in the Thomas Cup team for the first time,” said Chun Seang.
    If he plays as the third singles, Chun Seang is likely to cross path against some of these players – Persson, China’s Bao Chunlai or Chen Long, Indonesia’s Simon Santoso and South Korean’s Hong ji-hoon or Lee Hyun-il.
    “I have played against Chunlai and Chen Long but I have not beaten them. I have beaten Ji-hoon once before but it was two years ago. I have not played against the others,” said Chun Seang.
    “I consider the Thomas Cup Finals a great platform to prove myself. If I get to play, I will give my best,” he promised.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/5/1/sports/6171339&sec=sports

6. undeadshot

He only gets serious now? Too late. I'll look forward more to Loh Wei Sheng and Zulfadli although they are not world junior champion runner ups like Arif.

7. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Arif is AJC runner up, like Loh WS. Recent batches, only Iskandar is WJC runner up in MS, 2nd one for Msia after Yeoh KB;)

8. undeadshot

I see, thanks for the correction :D

I think we have more to look forward to from Zulfadli, Loh WS, Iskandar and maybe Syawal. :) As of far, none of the backups can perform well on the international stage even at GP level... Although CWF managed to reach QF in MAS Open.

9. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    they are all too young for tc 2010 consideration maybe next tc 12 or 14

10. undeadshot

I think probably 2014, unless one of those 4 suddenly produce shocking results which seems really impossible now... :(

11. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    2 years till 2012 is a long time, hope something can start happening:D

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Sannatasah to make Sabah proud

"I thought I would be watching the Uber Cup as a fan. I was delighted when BAM informed me that I would be playing in the event," said the World No 119.

"I am excited to be given the chance to make my debut in the Uber Cup. I've been training hard even though I was not in the original squad."

The 19-year-old was also a member of the women's team who won the team gold medal in last year's Laos Sea Games.

"My form of late has not been good and that is the reason I was not selected earlier. However, I still gave my best in training as a national player.
    "I'm happy to be the first shuttler from Sabah to play in the Uber Cup but at the same time, sad for Lydia are Julia," she said.

Sannatasah's has yet to make a mark in a senior tournament. Her best showing was reaching the quarter-finals of last year's Malaysia International Challenge.

"I'm confident in my ability and I know I'm ready to make the step up to the Uber Cup. I will fight till the last drop for every point," added Sannatasah, who is now ranked second in the team after World No 22 Wong Mew Choo. -- AJITPAL SINGH

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/articles/mle33r2i0o/Article/index_html

13. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Pardon me for saying this, I think BAM should forget about the current batch of single players and immediately groom and expose Zulfadli, Loh WS, Iskandar and Syawal.

14. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, but Zulfadli, LWS , Iskandar and Syawal........also just an ordinary batch of players, not brilliant type....they need to work very hard with good attitude like LCW to get to the top.....if not they will go down to bottom...........:D:D:D

15. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I mean any other players other the four mentioned for that matter. The current players are not up to world class level.

16. undeadshot

What he means is to forget TCS, CKB etc. and start grooming LWS, Zul, Syawal and Iskandar instead :)

And yes, although they are not brilliant, if they work as hard as LCW, they will be at the top ten in several years' time. Attitude is the most important in growth of a player.

17. undeadshot

Is Hoon Thien How/Ong Soon Hock still considered under elite back up for MD or already in the main team?
    If they are moved, Mak/Tan should top the backups. :)

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    the elite now consist of
    koo/tan
    fuzzy:rolleyes:
    chan/lim
    mak/tan
    hoon/ong;)

19. undeadshot

If they send 2 for SS, I would alternate between Chan/Lim, Mak/Tan and Hoon/Ong

Fuzzy's chance is over! :rolleyes:

20. undeadshot

I don't think Zakry will be paired with Hoon Thien How.
    According to Rexy, the backups will get more chance now...lets see.

Looking forward to some good performance in the Indian Open. Please.