will LCW be world champ this year?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by adamahmad90, Apr 5, 2010.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..who are "they"??..:confused:

2. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Did you watch the TC10 match between LCW and LD?
    If you did, you would have realised LD was really nervous at the start of the match. He could not even serve properly.
    The point is both of them would be nervous at the beginning, not just LCW.
    As the match progressed, LD got more confident because he was winning and LCW was losing and crashing because it was getting so bad he became clueless.That's what happens when match preparations are not comprehensive.

However, if as the match progressed, LCW was winning and LD losing, then LCW would grow more confident and play better and LD would be the one crashing and clueless. This happened in their match in TC08.

What I'm trying to say is this behaviour outcome comes about depending on how a match progresses. It is not the exclusive property of either LCW or LD. It has happened to both and also to other top players like PG and TH as well.

3. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    well said, like a car once understeer/oversteer you can't control it you are in trouble

4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Ah ha, it needs a fellow Msian to understand another, thank you.:D

Ctjcad, they were Jasonmarc, Limsy, recently Lcleing. I think our undeadshot also, but seems he could understand the predictions I posted, so he didnt need to ask me. 98% of the other members wouldnt bother one lah

#124 eaglehelang, Jul 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..i did not sit and watch the entire match completely (because i was outside, milling around and waiting for a friend). However, i did follow the match, on and off, through a live CCTV broadcast on a tv screen. As well as follow the livescore on one of the monitors.

No question match preparedness plays a factor, no brainer there. And of course, if one player is winning, the confidence would grow more and that player will play better, another no brainer. But one has to consider the mental aspect of both players as well, whenever both of them met. One then gotta ask, does LCW never have a comprehensive match preparation every time he plays & loses against LD?..If he did prepare well, which i'm sure he had, then why the more than usual losses vs. LD?..is it more mental or something else?..

The way i see it, as i and others mentioned before, LCW will usually buckle and give in to that "mental block" when he played vs. LD in a major or important event. That's what we're after. TC2008 is one rare good moment for LCW, but how often is that situation. Another good example is the 2008 OG; if that doesn't get any bigger, then i don't know what is.

We don't have to compare their head to head record (as most of know already how it looks like). Let's compare both players' results/record when they've actually played in the same tourneys; not necessarily have to play against each other. I wonder who has a better record..??..

Given quite a few are suggesting LD will probably not be ready/prepared because of his CBSL schedule, let us wait & see if LCW can take advantage & break his "mental block" this yr in the WC, should he meet LD once again.

#125 ctjcad, Jul 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    ctjcad keeps referring to history

:D:D:D It's just that ctjcad keeps referring to "history", instead of "trend".

Now we can see ctjcad keeps referring to "history" again, when discussing with pjswift the "mental" aspects of LCW. :):):)

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..i see it as both history and trend..the history & trend that LCW will usually struggle if not lose to LD whenever they meet, esp. in a major tourney..or, LCW would lose in a major tourney to other players until this yr's AE..but let's see if LCW will go back to the same trend or will he capture another major tourney this yr?..

8. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    :D:D:D ...lol..:D:D....this 'train' must be hard to follow..;)

as what pjswift said earlier he was rather observant

and understood the game they played

and that was a brainer i must say.

also how he put it was easy for readers to read;)

9. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

pBm, pjswift is a she...not he....hehehe

10. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, to me...'trend' is fine.

To me, its all depends on how LD treat this coming WC......if he wants to be more prepare and more focus for Asian Games, like he did in last AE as he was concentrating for TC.....He would just take it easy this time, then LCW have better chance.

11. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    really a she? :confused:

the way she writes she must be as pretty as her post ;):D

ahem :eek:

12. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

It's amazing LCW has beaten LD more than 3x

I don't think you appreciate how great LCW is. LCW is the reason LD has to get a special coach all to himself and to continue to slog.
    The way I look at it is this: No champion ever wins on his own. The coach and more importantly, the comprehensive support he gets in terms of match preparations is a huge factor. Misbun definitely cannot be compared to Tang. But one aspect which is well used by CHN is the video analysis. MAS also tapes just about every match but when I asked their video officer how often those videos were used by coaches and players alike,the answer was not often. MAS videos for formality; CHN videos matches for intensive analysis to make a difference in helping their players compete better.
    My belief is CHN coaches do intensive work to help their players prepare comprehensively whereas MAS coaches are incapable of supporting in such a comprehensive manner. Video analysis is a lot of work. Not only can it be tedious and time-consuming, you gotta know what you are looking for and how to apply the knowledge. For example, if you watch CHN players, there are certain 'patterns' shown in the course of a match. If these patterns are disrupted, they are likely to lose.
    The way CHN coaches support their players is similar to the way Singapore students are helped by their teachers to ace their exams. Singapore teachers do all the research and comprehensive notes for their students; all the students have to do is swot until the input is permanently captured for release at the right time.
    What I am saying is LD has many advantages over LCW in terms of support. So much that I would not even expect LCW to even defeat LD even thrice. The fact that LCW has and is always a threat to LD indicates that LCW is superior to LD in some ways. In that sense, LCW is greater than LD.
    In spite of what you often claim about LCW's mental frailty, that's often being mistaken. LCW has consistently shown he's able to bounce back from utter defeat. He can lose early in one tournament and bounce back a week later to win a title. Plenty of examples. For example, he struggled in SO10 and won the IO10, defeating, as one reporter cleverly put it, 'INA 's past, present and future MS' plus GER and JPN's No 1 MS in one week. That's no small feat, playing five consecutive matches, at the high level, over five days.

13. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    thats true no champion will ever wins on his or her own. he or she needs the support from coaches and i say coaches, not one coach along, trainers, team mates and a hell lot more through out the whole career. but the most important thing is he, himself or she, herself.

looking at lin dan and lee chong wei do we see any difference? yes especially lin dan. in the whole of china until today we or even china ba can't find one just about like him.

and here we have one lcw who is the only player who can take him down. thanks to misbun and all those coaches, trainers, team mates, well wishers, parents...... involved.

to compare misbun and tang we can't say one is better than the other. both are one of the best in the world though tang maybe older he may have more experience, experience with age.

what matters most between a player and a coach is the relationship. it cannot be formed in a matter of weeks. it takes commitments from both side and a hell long journey through bad and good times to win each other's heart. thats how lcw comes up today. he had the determination to withstand pain and hard work and misbun can give up almost everything to make it happen and i said he is one of a kind. he is not selfish and ever willing to learn and he has given everything to lcw. when he can't, he'll look for some ways or some other professionals until he has a good night sleep. he stayed away from politics and he doesn't treat himself as a datuk in badminton.

on the video analysis, yes malaysia team do have an engineer in fact and does all the programming, recording on mas team.

maybe they are not using them as often as they should. in my opinion if any player(s) who are that serious or committed, can't ask for a copy? but i am sure lcw has all copies of his own matches in his private homes. as i said he is very committed and if he doesn't know whats happening to himself in that game or how his opponent plays i don't think anybody can help him. even you did figure out something!;)

14. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    The way she writes she must be as pretty as her posts

Can't blame you, pBmMalaysia. You are only 6 months-old at BC. :p:p:p

15. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    ya, i am not even one year old..

thats the problem everybody wears a mask here

can't even tell them boy or girl, married or not

16. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Wow, a really good input by pjswift here. I agree with her thoughts and analysis, but I think it is not surprising the LCW beat LD more than thrice. That's like Rober Soderling managed to get the better of Federer in the French Open after losing like 10 or so times to the same opponent. Of course, LCW has a better head-to-head than that but its almost the same, if you meet each other many times, you are bound to at least win once, if skills are almost on par.

I don't know much about tennis so please tell me if I am wrong with my example :)

17. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

off topic but oh well...

That's why I have been saying time and time again-No country could possibly compete with China in terms of how much they invest in their sport(or at least how much they spend in CBA). I don't think even the whole European Badminton community combined could possibly afford what's China is paying at the moment(I am not event counting the money they spend on talent scouts).

CBA always manage to fund their players to compete oversea when necessary(juniors and seniors) and they have a team of comprising of chefs, caretakers(doing all the cores), medical teams, sport therapists, lots of coaches(you can clearly seen the overwhelming no of coaches accompanied the players compared to other nations) and videos engineers. Sure the Chinese players are very good but they are sort of expected to perform considered they have the best facility in the world(albeit having lower paid than others as they have everything else covered by the government). What I don't understand is, why do others keep wanting to compare what the Chinese players have achieved to the players from other nation(especially LCW)? Like what pjswift said, what LCW was able to achieve was considered to be remarkable considered BAM is not offering as much as CBA.

Sure, everyone here knows that LD is the greatest here, but you don't have to blow LD's achievements out of proportion(like saying he can determine the match outcome based on his motivation? Give me a break,that man is a human) and belittle LCW at the same time to show how great LD is, alright? Could the non-LCW fans at least give LCW a bit of credit when it is due? Thank you.

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    not sure how shame lin dan and china squad will be when they know how their fans(only some of them,not u suetyan and also not u tommy_bun^^)
    like to show off,belittle opponent,talk nonsense.

they are damaging china squad reputation by having fun themself(in malaysia term,that call syok sendiri,drifit should know the meaning.haha)

19. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Not bellitle LCW because we all talk based on their previous matches performances, LD certainly did a tremendous job there.

But, when LCW managed to win some of the matches, they said like LD was being 'generous'.......this is belittle LCW..and not giving LCW credits.

20. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Not only this is belittling Lee Chong Wei, but also every other player in the world if we say that Lin Dan is just being generous. And, this is in a way also insulting the China national team, and Lin Dan himself. Why do I say Lin Dan himself? Because it would be poor sportsmanship shown to purposely lose a match out of generousity only. And if he loses to another country, that would be called no team spirit too if he is that so called godlike person. We all know Lin Dan is human.