It's Time For Yap Kim Hock And Rexy To Leave

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Dato A, Aug 14, 2008.

1. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    Indonesia won the gold in MD...and I do hope Rexy comes back to PBSI....because Indonesia can deliever

2. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    Dato I liked you man...from day 1.....Indonesia 1 gold in MD says it all....what do you think Dato?? any comments??? Pls do comment

3. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    INA no need Rexy also can win that gold medal. So what for Rexy go back to PBSI?

4. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Please dont forget Taufik and Sony's bungkus is because of mas players. INA save the accomodation cost in Beijing, so you better thank mas for that.:p

5. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    There's always other jokers around the corner to sit on the hot-chair in BAM. :D

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Wednesday September 3, 2008
    Kim Hock likely to quit as national chief coach

PETALING JAYA: Yap Kim Hock may submit his resignation letter as the national chief coach after completing a four-year Olympic cycle during the Badminton Association of Malaysia’s (BAM) coaching and training committee meeting today.

Kim Hock was appointed as the chief coach in 2004 with a target to end the medal drought for the country in the Olympics at the Beijing Games last month.

And he managed to fulfil the task. Lee Chong Wei became the first shuttler in 12 years to win an Olympic medal, a silver, for Malaysia after losing to Lin Dan of China in the men’s singles final.

A gold would have been the icing on the cake for Kim Hock to end his roller-coaster ride as the BAM chief coach.

It’s now BAM’s call to accept Kim Hock’s decision or to reassign him to take charge of the national juniors.

There had been outstanding results for him with the senior side, including the 2006 Asian Games and 2007 All-England titles won by Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong. But he had struggled as far as communications and rapport with some of the other coaches were concerned – especially with those having strong characters, among them Misbun Sidek and Rexy Mainaky.

In fact, a tiff between Kim Hock and Chong Wei during the World Championships in Kuala Lumpur last year also marred his credentials as chief coach.

Besides looking into the roles of the coaches and reviewing the reports from them, the BAM are also expected to review the status of their players and restructure their training set-ups.

They are expected to downsize the squad for a more comprehensive programme geared towards the 2012 London Olympics.

The BAM’s coaching and training committee are headed by the association’s president, Datuk Nadzmi Mohd Salleh

7. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Good coaches don't always produce good results. There is some chemistry between the players and coaches. Just like NFL or NBA, a coach got fired can turn around and build a winning team in another city. I don't mean YKH or Rexy are bad coaches. But things don't work out, maybe time for a change. Look at LCW, he really started challenging LD after Misburn coached him. But who can say LM was not a good coach.

#47 Qidong, Sep 3, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  8. slumber9954

slumber9954 Regular Member

engineer
    Rexy is the saviour to M'sian Badminton - DOubles

WHo the hell is Datuk Asbullah ? To me i think he is a tennis or golf fans and know nuts about badminton. Of all the coaches hired by BAM, Rexy is the most committed is have ever noticed. Second to none, not even Park Joo Bong displayed that kinda of commitments.

By looking the way at our malaysian women doubles, nobody can snatch such credits from rexy for their achievements!

Well, malaysia is a democratic country, everyone has the right to voice their opinion but hope these people think before they comments. Guess such people should be in politics, looking at how pathetic it is now.

9. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Lotta today promising juniors are product of yap kim hock...

even tan boon heong & koo kien kiat

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    another fight will start here...haiz...

11. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    You are a truly badminton fan?

Answer my question, why still sending KKK/TBH to Beijing while at that time, the Fuzzy's is more fit and in good condition?

12. slumber9954

slumber9954 Regular Member

engineer
    RExy the best doubles coach in the world!

Personally, i don;t like KKK, he is arrogant and indiscipline. However, choosing them over the Fuzzy's to Beijing is still the best bet and they have much major titles under their belt - among them Asian Games All England.

Experience show that they still can be counted on despite their fitness. Again, we witnessed that from the just concluded Super Series Champion.

Anyway, to real or false Dato, being a badminton fans is one thing but playing it is another. You have to become a player and fans in order to understand of what;s happening to the game. Not purely speculating!!!!

13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Is It Time For Yap Kim Hock And Rexy To Leave?

It is so unfortunate to find this thread titled so strongly, stating that; 'It's Time For Yap Kim Hock And Rexy To Leave'. So it is no surprise that fights could be started here. I know YKH and RM personally, and I am disgusted by this title/statement.

I have seen this thread many times before, but I have not visited it until now. This is because I don't like fighting. But because of our Seasonal Holidays here in Australia, I can find more time and therefore here I am.

If this thread was to be titled (toned down) as 'Is It Time For Yap Kim Hock And Rexy To Leave?', then perhaps I would have visited here much earlier.

Anyway, I believe that, as some posters have already covered, there is no need for Yap Kim Hock and Rexy to leave at the moment. We have to realise that the performance of teams is not only dependent on their coaches alone, but on a combination of many factors, including players' abilities, administrators' support, financial support, fans' support, etc... IMHO, sacking YKH and RM is not a solution for the MAS team.

And as kwun pointed out; OK sack them and then what? If there are constructive suggestions, then this thread would not be so hard to swallow. But as it is, I find that this thread is not helping at all for the MAS team. In fact, it is generating more anger to all MAS fans.

#53 chris-ccc, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yes...chriss...i agree with u...

15. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    1. If you find this thread disgusted, please skip it. No need to read, go others.

2. Which Bcers like fighting here?

3. Players abilities? Or simply the decision maker's weaknesses to choose the right player at the right time to be sent to the big tournament? Other than this, i dont see any difficulties in the area as per your example as above.

16. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    To help MAS to be a stronger Badminton nation

What I am saying is that this thread seems to be intended to degrade YKH and RM, instead of assisting them to help MAS to be a stronger Badminton nation.

17. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

i have to agree with this;)

18. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    To give them sweets and sugar probably will help them to improve the standard of mas badminton team.:rolleyes:

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    OK...hehe...when junior win a few title in wjc and ajc(for ykh)...and md/wd/xd won a few ss title(for rexy)...for this year...

can u ask mod to close this???;)

20. jutawin

jutawin Regular Member

Student
    Patience is the key..