elite back up/back up player 2010

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by limsy, Jan 6, 2010.

1. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Its OK, that only my oppinion.....you dont have to totally agree with it, I respect your view. Case close.

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    erm
    how to define injury prone?
    injury prone=miss in action for many tournament?
    even if they(ms) are not injured,they wont get to attend sufficient tournament also

aren't wmc famous for her fitness and stamina?
    then why she was injury prone?
    same goes to julia wong
    why?

#722 limsy, Dec 20, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

It could also be the way they train, last time I read abt players getting injured during training, then cannot go tournaments. Then the NSI expert said need to train in a way so wouldnt get injured easily. Now less such cases. The posture or the way they reach for the shots, not pushing too hard during training or sthing like that. Like WMC

We hear less of KKK/TBH getting injured the way LCW does, also less then CTF/LWW(I mean in their younger days), I remember LWW went for 2 knee surgeries.

4. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    if current training poses injuries to players, there should be adjustment.

btw, there should be a periodically test, recovery and adjustment of training program.

every players are different in terms of their physical and mental strength

so if they all go in the same boat for the same hard ride,

some might not make it while some do:D

5. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    Tuesday December 21, 2010

The Star
    Coaches: Give back-up players time to develop

IPOH: Patience is a virtue.
    And both the national back-up coaches, Hendrawan and Tan Kim Her, are showing this quality in their efforts to produce badminton stars for Malaysia in the men’s singles and doubles respectively.
    They are confident that with little more time, the juniors under their charge would become reliable players.
    Hendrawan, who was put in charge of 14 players just two months ago, hopes that he would be given some breathing space.
    “We cannot turn these players into stars overnight. Let’s be fair to them too,” said the Indonesian.
    “They will have to work on getting their game right first. Then, they will be sent out for competitions. All these take time.”
    At the just concluded Perak Open, two of his players, Kuan Kam Chung and Mohd Arif Abdul Latif, showed improvement. Kam Chung defeated an ill Chan Kwong Beng in the second round while Arif, who lost to Lee Chong Wei in the semi-finals, showed better fitness in his game.
    “These are small progresses. Yes, Kam Chung won but he is not ready for the big stage yet,” said Hendrawan.
    “We should not make the mistake of heaping praises on them for one or two good results. There is a long road to success ahead of them.”
    Kim Her wants another year to establish his players. He has four pairs under his charge – Mak Hee Chun-Tan Wee Kiong, Chan Peng Soon-Lim Khim Wah, Goh Wei Shem-Teo Kok Siang and Ow Yao Han-Chooi Kah Ming.
    “Some of them showed sudden rise in their game and this has put undue pressure on them. They are still young and I want them to take their time,” said Kim Her.
    ”We have the talent but there is still a lot of room for improvement. I plan to send them to compete in more GP Gold events next year. Let’s build them step by step.”

6. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    keep finger cross

7. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

As far as i know, WMC has only one old injury that bothered her thus far and lately she has recovered quite well and played well also...........same goes to Julia, but still in recovery process !

Players like TCS and others seldom play in tournament, but once played.....got injury and has to stop playing for few months ! Thats prone to injury !!

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm
    in 2010,
    internationally
    wmc played 8 open and 16 matches
    tcs played 7 open and 18 matches

local
    wmc play 0 tournament and 0 match
    tcs played 1 tournament and 3 matches
    eh?

9. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

If it's the problem with the training, then it should be something wrong with the coaches and their plan..:eek:
    Look at chinese national team training, military style training, men or women, its the same. But i seldom see them get injured?:confused: Just noticed some tapes in their body especially the back.. Just like lin dan.. u could imagine how TOUGH their training is.:D

10. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Bao Chunlai - Recurring knee injury. Chen Jin - Back. Maybe because they train so hard their injuries will never fully heal.

11. george@chongwei

But still they achieve RESULTS in international tournament. At least they are not 1st, 2nd or rather qualifying round casualties.

12. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    if our current batch of players in bam under cba training now for 3 months

i wonder who comes back first

or would anyone of them last that long :D

13. george@chongwei

Not sure they can stand the training or not even with given 1 week or 1 month:p

14. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    would they even survive basic army training ?? too much pamper for them ~~

15. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    No need to put under army training to test if they have the mental and physical toughness to survive, just let them go back under Datuk Misbun and see if they can survive the vomiting for 6 month with his training regime of 12 h/day, multi-thousand superfast shuttlecock drill, > 10k skipping + numerous fitness workout under NSC finess trainer Rosdie + wake up early at 6.00 am every coaching day even before Datuk Misbun arrives and finish his subuh prayer. Not to mention no clubbing and parties.

That's why Chan Kwong Beng being yelled and kicked out by him as he lack the commitment and toughness to strive better under Datuk Misbun. Datuk Misbun training moduls are damn tough and even his wife, Datin Latifah cried when she sees how he trained Misbun Ramdhan. Datuk LCW self disicipline is extra-ordinary.

16. undeadshot

I do think that Misbun places too much emphasis on LCW, and that the head coach should share the blame. Like in school, we need strict teachers to ensure that all students pass up their homework.

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Well, the so-called elite back-up or whatever players u call it have yet again failed to reach QF at the India IC 2010.

Iskandar Zulkarnain Zainuddin lost to Derek Wong Zi Liang in R32
    Misbun Ramdan Misbun lost to Anup Sridhar in R32
    Goh Soon Huat lost to Alamsyah Yunus in R16
    Mohd Arif Abdul Latif lost to Tommy Sugiarto (easily 9 and 11) in R16
    Lim Fang Yang lost to Arvind Bhat in R16

18. undeadshot

Iskandar - 19 y.o. Lost to Derek easily. If no results by 21/22, forget about him.
    Misbun Ramdan Misbun - No faith in Misbun's son. Not training normally.
    Goh Soon Huat - 20 y.o? Not bad but not good either. Average.
    Arif - 21 y.o Lazy. Goodbye.
    Lim Fang Yang - 20 y.o? About the same as Goh Soon Huat but he did give Arvind Bhat a good fight. Don't see much of him, would give him a few more chances before he hits 22.

19. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    wow...can see fans of bam elite and backup players serious in their criticism :D

by 21 or 22 yrs old, gone?

and when did these numbers become the 'cut-off' age? lol

20. undeadshot

I just forgot that this is MS and not MD :eek: sorry should be 24 yrs old. MD they should achieve results at 23 latest (if they work hard after OG2012 I have no doubt that they will shine)

Also, no result it means that you have not beaten anyone, or even stamp yourself as a person to watch out for (must be consistent too, I would say our MD has shown results but still not on a consistent basis yet, when they reach 22 or 23 (cut-off age) they should achieve this)
    I don't know how to explain what I think in my head :eek:

CPS plays in 2 events though. I would prefer him to focus on XD than MD simply because MAS has never shined in XD! And CPS/GLY is a pair that I would rate 'has taken the first step to future success" :D

#740 undeadshot, Dec 23, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2010