It's time for Misbun Sidek to work for Malaysian Badminton without BAM

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Jan 7, 2011.

1. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    The Hasim brothers under MS were with Nusa, right? Not the current juniors placed under MS while MS is with BAM.

2. flite

flite Regular Member

Whats the difference with MS at Nusa Mahsuri with the one at BAM?

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Malaysian Badminton would not suffer without Misbun at BAM

Misbun Sidek has put in a lot of effort for Malaysian Badminton, whether with or without BAM.

The frustration is BAM appeared not to appreciate Misbun's effort. Even some Malaysian BCers do not appreciate his effort. I see Misbun has no choice but to go independent.

Because LCW knows and understands what the frustration Misbun is facing, LCW has said that he would move out from BAM to join him.

IMHO, Malaysian Badminton would not suffer without Misbun at BAM. In fact, I would think that it is better for BAM to allow Misbun to go independent and for BAM to concentrate on their remaining coaches and players.

Looking at Indonesian Badminton, we don't find negative results when some of their players and coaches have decided to leave PBSI, or do we?

#63 chris-ccc, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  4. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    But where are the positive results?

5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

They did not give up Badminton

One positive result is that the players and coaches when they leave, they continue representing Indonesia in Badminton. They did not give up Badminton all together because they are sick of people criticising them.

6. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Yes, but where are the positive resuls for the national associations?

7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Where are the positive resuls for the national associations?

They would find more time to concentrate on newer recruits.

8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    An association has its resources allocated to its various divisions or grades. It should not matter if one player walks out. That cannot be justification for the association not delivering in other areas. The reverse of what you have said is the justification they may want to trot out: "We spent so much time and money on LCW and MS, and others suffered because of that." I would call that incredibly bad management. And an incredibly stupid excuse.

Taufik walked out 2 years or so ago. Did PBSI unearth any giant-killing talent? Did it make any of the other players who had been around for 2-5 years (or more) any better?

The association should already have enough time and resources allocated to concentrate sufficiently on newer recruits, regardless of the presence (or not) of an Elite player. That is one of the main reasons for the existence of the association: to ensure continuity of national and international level players being available. The truth that they have basically not much to show for all those resources, is a pointer to a much deeper malaise. And it has nothing at all to do with LCW or MS.

9. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Looks to me in BAM's case some problem in MS's department.(for whatever reason, politicians etc).

But not really doing too badly in Women's singles and Doubles, Mixed Doubles . in fact better than before.

Men's doubles looks to be on the way to recovery, but the really sick one is in the Men's Singles.

is it a BAM problem or problem in one department?

10. benjamin59

benjamin59 Regular Member

technician
    I think PBSI now realised that they need help to improve so now are hiring LiMao as the coach. It is a positive move and who knows in a year or two indonesia might be a threat again.

11. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    i guess bam is still stubborn not to let ms run the show. Both stubborn perhaps. Lets see who blink first. Cimb can also help ms.

12. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    From NST

2011 / 01 /10
    By K . M . Boopathy
    boopathy @ nst. com . my

Badminton : If Misbun wants to leave so be it

IF national singles coach Misbun Sidek wants to leave the BA of Malaysia ( BAM) , he should be qallowed to do so .

Kedah BA ( KBA ) president Teoh Teng Chor , who is a member of the BAM coaching and training committee , said that the resignation is Misbun ' s call and that he was not pressured into making such a drastic decision .

Teng Chor was also surprised that Misbun refused to meet with BAM president Datuk Seri Nadzmi Salleh to thrash out the issue but agreed to discuss the matter with Sports Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Shabery Cheek .

Had Misbun met Nadzmi , Teng Chor feels the issue could have been resolved. " As far as I 'm concerned, Misbun made the decision to resign by himself and if he feels it ' s the right decision he should leave . Nobody is indispensable and we ( BAM ) didn ' t force him to leave , " said Teng Chor .

" The president had even called him but he chose to snub the president and speak with the Sports Minister .

There is wide speculation that Misbun arrived at his decision to quit after his son Ramdan was take out of his care .

" The coaching and training committee decided that Hendrawan should train Misbun Ramdan . He still has some way to go before becoming a elite player . We are not against Misbun . " Terengganu BA ( TBA ) president Datuk Sayed Abu Bakar Abdullah said that the executive council ( Exco ) meeting tomorrow should be able to solve the matter .

" Let the Exco decide on the issue on Tuesday ( tomorrow) . By then, the president ( Nadzmi ) would have met the Sports Minister and Misbun and should be able to come up with a final decision ," said Sayed Abu Bakar .

" I don' t want to comment further as it would only complicate matters . "

BAM treasurer Datuk Lim Teong Kiat said the ball is on Misbun' s court and he should be the one to decide .

" Resignation of coaches is normal . Life will go on if Misbun sticks to his decision . We still have Rashid ( Sidek) and Tey Siu Bock and training will carry on ," said Teong Kiat .

" There is a shortage of senior coaches and players must understand this . Even the Indonesians have swallowed their pride and hired Li Mao as their singles coach .

" Misbun must make the call. We will deliberate on the matter in the Exco meeting and will wait to see if he ( Misbun) wants to withdraw his resignation. "
    Misbun, Ahmad Shabery, Nadzmi and National Sports Council ( NSC ) director general Datuk Zolkples Embong were involved in a meeting to solve the matter late last night .

13. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    I remember LiMao left also because about not having the right to choose his players.

If Ramdan is one of the issue, the only fault is that it is breaking a 'flawed rule'. Having the team segragated by 'junior' / backup / senior is clearly doing nobody any favours... not even the players performance as shown by the lacksture results for the past 5 years.

After all this time, may the next Chong Wei please stand up???

If I'm being too demanding then at least the next OEH, HH or WCH...

iTu Pun tarak (that Also none)

14. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Determination and focus the keys in Chong Wei’s victory
    By RAJES PAUL
    PETALING JAYA: Steely determination and complete focus.

World No. 1 Lee Chong Wei showcased these two qualities to destroy veteran Peter-Gade Christensen of Denmark in the men’s singles final of the Super Series Masters Finals in Taipei yesterday to emerge as the champion for a third consecutive time.

He outclassed Christensen 21-9, 21-14 in 40 minutes to claim US$40,000 in prize money. The success made him the most successful player in the Badminton World Federation’s (BWF) season’s finale since its inception in 2008.

Christensen, coming out of series of injuries, gave his best but Chong Wei was in a different league altogether to get Malaysia off to a superb start to the year.

Champion: Malaysia’s Lee Chong Wei in action against Denmark’s Peter Gade Christensen during the Super Series Masters Finals men’s singles final in Taipei. – Reuters

He caught the Dane out of position many times with his stinging attacks, fiery pace and deft touches at the net.

At one stage, Christensen threw his racquet in sheer frustration because even an excellent move from him was not good enough to break the rhythm of the Malaysian.

The 29-year-old Chong Wei said that he was happy to overcome two hurdles – a fighting Christensen and the mounting pressure on him since the resignation of his coach, Misbun Sidek, on Dec 31.

“I respect Peter for giving me such a good fight even at his age (34 years old). I was faster than him but his fighting spirit was amazing,” said Chong Wei in a telephone interview.

“I felt a big burden coming off my shoulders when I won. The hope of the nation was on me and I delivered. There was fear in me that I will be criticised if I lose. But I stayed focused on the task.”

Chong Wei, who was draped in the Jalur Gemilang during the victory ceremony, hoped that there would be more good news for him when he returns home today.

“I called my coach (Misbun) after my win. He was pleased. He will be meeting top sports officials in the night and I hope that there will be a favourable outcome,” he said.

Misbun met Youth and Sports Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Shabery Cheek and Badminton Association of Malaysia’s (BAM) president Datuk Seri Nadzmi Mohd Salleh over dinner.

With a mega buck title in his pocket, Chong Wei said that he would shift his attention to the next two – the US$400, 000 Malaysia Open (Jan 18-23) and the US$1.2mil South Korea Open (Jan 25-30).

National coach Teh Seu Bock was pleased with the show of confidence in Chong Wei’s game yesterday.

“This was his best performance in the tournament. He showed great control even though there were some distractions in his mind,” he said.

“I am very happy that he did not cave in to any form of pressure.

“I hope he will continue to be physically and mentally strong in his game.”

Meanwhile, Denmark’s Mathias Boe-Carsten Mogensen kept the European flag flying high when they upstaged South Koreans Jung Jae-sung-Lee Yong-dae 21-17, 21-15 to emerge as the men’s doubles champions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

So, is Misbun an opportunist or nationalism?

16. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

There are signs of the next WCH, either tall or shortie version : Goh Soon Huat(20), Loh Wei Sheng(18). Those will take years more to develop. Aiyoo, I hope none will end up as next Hafiz in terms of yoyoing.

17. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Isn't Hafiz still tied down by Nusa? Last time he wanted to go pro to KLRC but Nusa would not allow him to break contract or sth to that effect.

18. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Bbn ah, long time over already the issue. Because of big hu ha, KLRC ended up not offering Hafiz, politics I'll say. Nusa or rather Jailani said if Hafiz go BAM boleh, national association, blah blah, Jailani didnt want to offend BAM.
    End up, BAM offered Hafiz, he has been there since early 2009 if I remember correctly. THere's a thread on Hafiz quiting Nusa, the info all there.

19. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Misbun is 'gila' badminton lol. so who will wake up at 4am now ah?? ;)

20. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

BAM's case some problem in MS's department.(for whatever reason, politicians etc)....

In the mid-2000's, BAM had the best Womens Singles and Doubles team (in the history of Malaysian Badminton, as far as I know). IMHO. it was Cheah Soon Kit who helped to raise their standards.

But guessed what? Cheah Soon Kit's work wasn't appreciated by BAM either (again I gather my courage to comment about this). CSK's contract was left out in the dark (just as was Li Mao's contract).

It showed that BAM is a 'never-appreciative' organisation.