Victor Brave Sword 12 (review)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ucantseeme, Jan 14, 2011.

1. fsga1891

fsga1891 Regular Member

BS12 ... isnt it? Try out and share how you feel on this racket ... I try to regrip with just over grip to make the handle lighter while this can result the head slightly heavier, am i right? will try it out tomorrow and see how is the result ...

2. h208217

h208217 Regular Member

I just bought BS12 at Chris's shop today, strung with blue color VS800 and pink grip...looks so nice!!! The bag was offer $10 due to their 10th anniversary!!!
    Going to try out this coming week :)

Here is the pic of my racket and bag. :D

Attached Files:

#122 h208217, Apr 23, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
  3. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Looks killer with the blue strings!

4. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    I agree - the blue strings look so cool. I have a spare set of blue vs850 as well. May have to get them on. What is the grip RKEP?

5. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Another 3hr session, this time switching between BS10, 11 and 12.

I had the BS10 restrung so that all three rackets are now strung identically.

I'm a bit shocked that the BS11, being the head-heavier of the bunch, just doesn't have the crispness of the 10 or 12. It also doesn't have more power than the 12 which I thought it would - the 12 with it's extra head speed delivers solid and crispy booming smashes and drives time after time. The spec of the 12 just seems to suit the design of the racket better.

I do like my BS10 a lot more with the VS850 at 24x26. Much more playable, with great touch at the net and good baseline punch. It's still a classic.

Honestly, I think at this juncture it's fair to say the winner in this game is just the Bravesword series itself. They're just such great rackets with bags of stability, quality of materials, and with the 12, improved toughness with the graphics. When you factor in how much these things cost, they really are an absolute cracker of a range of rackets and I've thoroughly enjoyed having them and getting to know them.

However, there can only be one crown jewel and that my friends, is the new Bravesword 12!

There's not a lot in it though. The 10 is a very nice bit of kit, but somehow the 12 seems crisper yet a little more tactile. From the back of the court, the 12 surprises by delivering a booming punch, and up front, surgical precision.

Ladies and Gentlemen, my new go-to.....

Bravesword 12!

:)

Gpower likes this.
  6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    glad to hear that you have the same feeling as me regarding the BS11. for some reason it is just a "meh" racket. not something special. the BS10 was definitely special. now i am tempted to go try out the BS12. tomorrow!

7. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Ironically though Kwun, the BS11 had been my go-to for quite some time, but I think now that my game has steadily improved, it's bringing less and less to the table. I really was shocked that that BS12 easily outgunned it from the back of the court.

Still, I can't be too hard on the 11. It served me really well and even still, yesterday I was making some ridiculous returns of smash with it. However I think the speed is just a Bravesword trait in general, it's just that the 10 and 12 seem somehow crisper and more refined and a better all-round proposition.

8. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    i'll take both words from u guys....will get BS12 myself next week. :p
    BS10 is magnificient but somehow i rather want to use flexier shaft to see how it will improve my play. :confused::)

9. :renegade:

:renegade: Regular Member

Could someone tell me what the price BS10 and BS12 in Malaysia? I'm looking for head light racket, how light the BS12 compare to NS9900?

10. 77suns

77suns Regular Member

-
    Unlike Maklike i got the BS9 instead BS12 yesterday after using BS9 from friends. I had a BS10 before but sold it here sometime back.

But I felt there is a difference the BS range.
    BS8,9 actually feel more solid and are very slightly slower than BS10,11,12. If u notice BS10,11,12 closely u will find they are slimmer(bs12 slimmer at the top of the frame then side) which i think account for the very fast swing.

If u can supinate or pronate your arm really fast then BS10,11,12 is great. If u are heading the shuttle flat and perpendicular from the start of your long swing(nothing wrong with that) it may be too fast for u and may find it too lighthead( but BS10,11 are really not).

Without a doubt BS9,BS12 are really good medium flex racket-ultra high module graphite racket. I got the BS9 because it feel more robust in the frame and suit my speed of play.

11. ariffza

ariffza Regular Member

Engineer
    Hi 77suns. Have u tried BS12 before u bought BS09? I already own a couple of BS09 but my hands are itching to try out either the BS12 or SW37. Seems like there are so many raving reviews on these new medium flexed rackets from Victor.

12. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    I had an NS9900 in my bag for a while. It's not quite like either the BS10 or 12....but I'd probably recommend going with a 10 if you're coming off an NS9900. If you reckon the best part about the NS9900 is the stiffness, get a HK or KR coded BS10 (They're stiffer), or if you're not so hung up on too much stiffness, get a TW coded BS10. The TW is not as stiff as the others.

The BS12 has similar (though not quite) lightness as the NS9900, but it's not as stiff, so if you reckon the best thing about the NS9900 is the weighting, and you wish it was a bit more forgiving, then try a 12.

Hope that helps!

13. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    maklike, need your help to advise. which one u think best for BS12, 3U or 4U?? because the racket is all balance, so is that ok if i use 4U for lighter version. i just compare with BS10 3U i owned. :confused: but no to sacrife the power & speed.

14. fsga1891

fsga1891 Regular Member

I have trade my BS12 for Spira21, still not use to it after 6 hours play, feel too light for me... BS12 overall is a very fast racket, but is return smash to backline of the court is really difficult, is fast enough to get the shuttle but not strong enough to go as far as i want compare to SW series, BS12 smash is not powerful as SW series also ... will try out spira 21 see how it go ...

15. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Well if you like the Super Waves, why not stick to the Super Waves???

16. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    maklike, what frame BS12 did u used; 3U or 4U?? :)

17. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    3U.

I can't tell you what weighting works best for you. If you like 4U in other rackets, then get your next racket in 4U.

18. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    yes.. i got my BS10 scrathes like hell today (my 2 yrs old son training lesson) :crying::crying:

it was so frustrating this evening....it just 2 months since i bought it :mad::crying:

without thinking twice, i will get replacement for BS12 (3UG2) & MX80 (4UG5), no damn regret....oledi placed order with squash_mart :(

19. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i compared the BS10 and BS12 today.

the BS12 for some reason felt heavier than my BS10. i feel that it is in between the MX80 and the BS10 in terms of head heaviness.

the solidness carries the Victor signature. very solid and crisp on impact. good feel and little vibration. power is better than BS10 but less than MX80. it is less stiff than BS10. speed is slower than BS10 and similar to MX80.

the combination makes it much more suitable for intermediate player than the BS10.

in some respect, it sits in between the BS10 and MX80 in many ways except for stiffness, where it is softer than both.

and damn it, i too prefer the BS12 than the BS10.

20. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    See, told ya it was good :)