Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Upon seeing the success of Malvinne Alcala in the Australian Junior 2012 and the even younger Busanan Ongbumrungpan winning the MAS GPG 2012 title at the age of 16, I am really sad at how low INA's WS has fallen now. Even countries like Thailand and Philippines have overtaken us in terms of development of young players!

Players like Setyana Mapasa and Lya Ersalita, whom some of you thought could be INA's hope, could not even manage to stretch Malvinne to 3-sets. Meanwhile, senior players like Aprilia Yuswandari was beaten easily by Busanan and Bellaetrix Manuputty (turning 24 this year!) could not even beat Chan Tsz Ka.

In the home tourney, Pelatnas players like Yeni Asmarani, Maziyyah Nadhir, and Milicent Wiranto were bundled out in the first 2 rounds, while Renna Suwarno (already 20 this year!) could not beat Ganis.

We are seriously in a big problem and this situation might even be worse if PBSI do not take immediate action! What is wrong with the development of the WS players in INA right now? What could be done to rectify it? What have PHI and THA done right?

#2641 badMania, May 7, 2012
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
  2. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    Yes, i feel so sad too :(
    even, i start thinking that maybe we will not have a top 10 WS forever :(

3. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    There is no need to cry about it...it is not PBSI's fault..we just don't have WS tAlent for now....we can see why Djarum didn't send ant their WS to European junior tourney...we have many double talents and MS...let's focus on those now....I am sure we wil have one or two soon.....

4. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

What huangkwokhau said is true, there's no need to cry. The system of the national body can be improved but it's not entirely their fault. With Indonesia economic soaring high for the past 2 decades, many youngsters and parents have different perception now. The very same situation is happening in Malaysia and China(to a lesser extent due to the population size) now.

This generation of young kids (talking about the post 90's babies) can almost get anything they want by simply bugging their parents. Is there any need for them to work hard or to strive for excellence? They get what they want either way even they failed, their parents/government will bail them out. Not to mention the distractions that those kids are facing these days, there are so many ways to enjoy life. Why sweat it out on court when you have facebook, tweeter, ipads, angrybirds, social media and etc to play around?

My nieces and nephews don't play sport anymore, they play with ipads and iphones. And they rarely interact with human but spend most of their attention on games like slice fruit, iceage or angry birds...Is it the PBSI faults when no one wants to play badminton these days?

5. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    This is where training of coaches needs to include those new changes :D

6. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
    yes, agree
    you can't complain for todays technology, pre 90's baby also got the video game, Play station, but we still got good players..

7. fathonezic

Consultant
    not all people can access that electronic game kits lah...
    even, not all people can access all tv station because only limited people have uhf antenna.(vhf can only receive TVRI signal and sometimes SCTV)
    now, everyone can play video games easily and everywhere, almost all people have mobile phone, gossip is everytime on tv (and everyone can access), internet is everywhere (no time without facebook and twitter).

it's quite different. i still remember that in my child time, most of kids do not know what to do (no tv, no video game), so that the parents will bring us to some of sport training like archery, badminton, swimming, football. if not, their child will go to rice field and play with their friends which is dangerous for the kid (at that time, many cobra in the rice field. haha)

8. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
    ouch, maybe i should make the range smaller 1985-1990 baby. :):)
    coach should make innovation, maybe explain tactics or game plan with technology, haha its quiet difficult i think

9. fathonezic

Consultant
    ok, have you found good INA WS players born in 85-90 ??

10. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Haha:D, that's very funny PBM. However, I think new training needs to be incorporated into parents rather than coaches. Most of them will just give their kids whatever they want (electronic gadgets, etc) as long as the kids stop bugging them and leave them to their own facebook or partying time.

I have seen a lot of young parents with children who can't even take care of theirselves.Thankfully, these kids usually have a very diligent grandmother. Those parents just go to work/holiday and send the kids to grannies. And you could probably guess that most of the grannies don't bring kids to badminton.

11. fathonezic

Consultant
    omg, so damn true... :D:D

12. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    If you consider Olympic bronze medalist is 'good' enough, then we have this lovely lady by the name of Maria Kristin Yulianti. ;)

13. fathonezic

Consultant
    i know someone will give this answer :D
    but she never became a top 10 player....
    1st or 2nd round loser in super series.... (except the notable runner up ina open 2008)

but, yes, i still think she is good...

only one ?? wilcan said "we still got good players"
    means, should be more than one :D:D

14. Jagdpanther

Uni Student
    And if you notice, he didn't specify in which discipline. :D

So here you are: Towi/Butet. 1987/1985 combo (info from wikipedia). Currently AE XD champ. Not 'good' enough? :p

15. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
    yes jagdpanther help me answer this,
    i did not specify which discipline :):)
    WS is really bad, only Susi and Mia was world beater. Very hard to imagine INA can produce another good WS in the next 10years or maybe 20years.

16. Jagdpanther

Uni Student
    My opinion: Back in the 90's, many kids grew watching Susi or Alan playing & winning OG gold, imagining, "I'll be the next Susi/Alan!"
    And we had Taufik... and to some extent, Maria.

Time goes by.... Mid-90's till now, younger kids grew watching success story of Ricky/Rexy, Tony/Candra, Kido/Hendra, Trikus/Minarti, and Nova/Butet. And here we go... abundance of talent in MD and XD.

Got the picture? :)

17. fathonezic

Consultant
    but i think we talk about WS, right ??
    that's the only concern given by badMania....
    for other discipline, no need to specify the year born date...
    we never dry of talent.... only WS we dont have any talent, even to be top 30...
    even, today, we have very good batch talents in MD, XD, and fairly good in MS...
    for WD, our WD are not bad also... we have 1 in Top 10 and another 2 in top 20...

but, i want to say sorry for misunderstanding :D

#2657 fathonezic, May 9, 2012
    Last edited: May 9, 2012
  18. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
    actually not only now INA do not has WS talent
    check out outstanding player we had from the past
    i can only mention 2, Mia and Susi
    i do not know any WS player name out from these two..

19. sen

sen Regular Member

OK, good point. Only those 2 players who consistently winning titles and also helped to win Uber Cup and Sudirman Cup.

But young Susi was not that highly outstanding. During her junior days and when she started to play in international tournaments.

Susi was a bit late achiever.

At the moment, nobody will know whether any of young INA WS can achieve later.

20. MelvIndonesia

MelvIndonesia Regular Member

Student
    If i'm not wrong,
    Susi became World junior champions in 3 diciplines (WS,WD,XD)
    When she played in Sudirman Cup 1989,she only 18 years old...

I think she was not late achiever..