Saina Nehwal

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by saina fan, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    the future world number 1:D
    congrates:D
    need to improve ur game more to get pass chinese great wall in future:)

2. jaydeep

jaydeep Regular Member

suetyan, u r amazing !!! U were spot on ... Saina completed memorable comeback win over Lin Wang in 49 minutes.

At $250K Indonesia Super Series 2009, Jakarta

[F] (6) Saina Nehwal (IND,8) bt (3) Lin Wang (CHN,3) 12-21 21-19 21-9

With this Super Series title win she will definietly enter into top-5 world ranking when next ranking will get update.

3. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Now that she has experienced the pressure of playing and winning a Super Series final, Saina Nehwal will be better prepared for the 2009 World Championships.

She will also hold the advantage of playing in Hyderabad, in front of her home crowd :)

4. narnia

narnia Regular Member

In my view of her plays in the Final against WL, Saina seems to have good talents; she played very smart! Very promising in WS future. :)

5. gadjyah

gadjyah Regular Member

Student
    she's just too good today...

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Different kind of pressure..

..she might be playing at home & in front of her home crowd support, but at the same time she might be facing a different sort of pressure playing in front of them..

7. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Well done, SN for ur first SS title.....hopefully more to come in your way.........

8. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

Next week Malaysia Grand Prix Gold, maybe Saina will grab her second title this year :D

9. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant

No doubt, Saina Nehwal is the star of the 2009 Djarum Indonesian Super Series Tournament. She played brilliantly in the rubber game with both her defensive and attacking moves and Wang Lin just could not wear her down. Luck was also a factor. Now that the ice of winning an SS tournament has been broken, I think SN will go on to win more tournaments with the guidance of her coach Gobichand, the former All-E MS champion. . She will definitely give the Chinese a run for their money.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

10. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    it's a great game by Saina.. bit by bit she dispose Wang L weakness & her never say die spirits deserved to be salute...

11. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Jakarta's Istora crowd totally supported Saina today... :) I wonder whether her own countrymen will support her with such a huge roaring boost like today...

12. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    well i heard that apart from Cricket & Hockey ( which ow in a sorry state ) , the Indians people migth switch to Badminton....

13. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Well, she has already proved her confidence in front of a home crowd.
    She won the World Junior Badminton title playing in India, didn't she? :)

14. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Yes, that's true. And oh, the look of the Indian fans today just said it all... They were ecstatic beyond belief... as though India had won the Cricket's top prize or something... :p They should switch to badminton! :cool: We need more worldwide fans [and strong support in maintaining badminton as an Olympic sport]... :D

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Yeah..

..she did win the WJC title. But then again, she is head and shoulder way above the rest of the top junior players....Anyway, let us wait and see what she'll do in this yr's WC..

16. copadh

copadh Regular Member

After press conf, a group of 5 or 6 Indian men (I thought they're the same group who gave her an indian flag after the match) came down and stop her in front of press conf room. They gave her some chocolate bars as a gift (Silver Queen and Toblerone, they bought it instantly after the match in Istora minimart, for sure!) and offered a can of coffee candy to her.

The oldest man, a nearly bald-grey haired man, said to her, "Please take this as a gift from us, on behalf Indian community in Jakarta. Congratulation, you're really make us proud being Indian."

Saina was speechless... But I could see she really touched with that spontaneous gift.

17. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

18. copadh

copadh Regular Member

She's a smart girl, indeed, not only inside the court. The way she speaks, answering questions, and express what she think, show it. Main threat for CHN WS in the future.

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

"Best win for me" says Saina..

..she was under the direction of Atik (Atiek) Jauhari when she won the recently concluded Indonesian Open SS. Atik is also a former coach of Boonsak Ponsana.

http://sports.rediff.com/report/2009/jun/21/my-best-win-says-saina-indonesian-open.htm
    ==========================================================
    June 21, 2009
    'It has to be my best win'

Moments after pulling off the biggest title victory of her career, Saina Nehwal [​IMG] said the triumph at the Indonesian Super Series was a "dream come true" but never expected it to come at such an early age.

World No 8 Saina beat No 3 Chinese Lin Wang 12-21, 21-18, 21-9 in a 49-minute hard-fought summit showdown in Jakarta.

"It is a dream come true for me, it couldn't have been better. I am elated, excited and shocked as well. I always wanted to win a Super series but I have never thought I will win it at such an early age," she said.

"I was playing well all these months but losing close matches against top ranked players, so it was a little difficult to believe that I have actually won. It took time for realisation to sink in," she said from Jakarta.

At the Pullela Gopichand Badminton Academy in Hyderabad, Saina put in umpteen hours as part of a strict daily training regimen and the 20-year-old player says she is happy that the hard work has finally paid off.

"I have always believed in working hard and have given everything in training and during the matches, and so I feel extremely happy and proud of my achievement," she said.

The Hyderabad-based girl, who won the Chinese Taipei Grand Prix Gold tournament in September, ranked the Indonesian Open title as her best ever performance till date.

"It has to be my best win because I have defeated two Chinese players in this tournament. There was Lan Lu, whom I defeated in straight games and then here today against Wang I rallied well and beat her under 10 points in the third game," Saina said.

Saina thanked her Indonesian coach Atik Jauhari for devising proper strategy for her so that she could win over Wang.
    [​IMG]

"The Indonesian supporters have been very supportive and I am thankful to coach, who gave me a very good plan as how to go about my match. The plan fell perfectly in place as she was under pressure," she said.

Saina is now eyeing the World Championship and a place in the top five.

"I want to break into the top five now, but my first priority is the World Championship in Hyderabad in August. I want to work harder and perform better with each match," she said.

Saina will next feature in the Malaysian Open Grand Prix Gold tournament, starting on June 23.

20. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.