European future?

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by mirko, Jun 19, 2008.

1. metalmon1188

metalmon1188 Regular Member

Will Kamilla juhl start looking for a new partner for XD? she is only 24 (25 in november) and his current partner thomas is 30.
    They sure almost upset the 3rd seed indonesians
    21-17 , 15-21 , 21-17

2. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Well, the only young Dane shuttlers I know are... Boe/Mogensen, Jan O. Jorgensen, Rune Ulsing, and... I forget the rests.

Sigh, why doesn't Roman Abramovich invest more to Russian badminton?

3. metalmon1188

Lol, i dont think he even knows what Badminton is!:mad:

4. victory

victory Regular Member

Agree Wacha is a good player but he is not the future of eurpore. He is getting old. If I am not mistaken he is 28 years old. The future of eurpoe must be coming from the young talents that Peter Gade is training now. May be they have not make their name. But soon they will rise. I hope to see more young talents come form more european countries like UK, the Netherland, German and france. It will be good for the sport in the long term.

5. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    i think poland had shown promise. that mateusiak guy was quite good. :)

6. victory

victory Regular Member

Oh yes I left out Poland. Indeed they are quite good and on the rise.:)

7. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Badminton Europe's future needs more funding! Especially for prize money in tournaments and training + travelling funds... Without enough money [Euros] not enough young people want to choose Badminton as their career occupation of choice... :eek:

Forget the government support. They are hopeless! Get the private sector to be involved. A possible jump-start can be: involving the Euro billionarres.... imagine:
    Roman Abramnovich investing in Russian Badminton
    Richard Branson [Virgin Record owner] investing in English Badminton
    Kjeld Kristiansen [Lego owner] investing more in Denmark Badminton
    Ingvar Kamprad [IKEA owner] investing more in Swedish Badminton
    etc.

#27 Krisna, Aug 15, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  8. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    mateusiak is quite old already....yea he is good but seems to fall short on achievements because of not so good partners....surprisingly enough he has one of the best records against the chinese pair of He/Yu...

9. victory

victory Regular Member

Yes getting the private sectors to sponsor badminton is a must. Really hope Europe badminton will do well in years to come. That way the sport will flourish and all of us will have more fun. Whoa If what is say become a truth I want to join them! But I am waaaay too old!:D:)

10. metalmon1188

absolutely, badminton needs offer high prize money so people will actually start to take notice, i mean look at sports like tennis or golf, prize money can reach as high as million dollars.
    as much as i would like the rich bastards above to sponsor/invest in badminton, i just dont see a chance of that happening at all >.<
    speaking of prize money, which tournament offers the highest prize money? the All England Open?

11. metalmon1188

Well this sounds good :D
    What's more worrisome for Europeans is that most of the real competitors from the Europe are over 30, including 31-year-old Peter Gade from Denmark in men's singles, 38-year-old Jen Eriksen from Denmark in men's doubles, 31-year-old Gail Emms from Britain in mixed doubles, who all announced their impending retirement in one or two years.
    On the contrary, men's singles champion Lin Dan from China, men's doubles champions Markis Kido and Hendra Setiawan from Indonesia are still at their prime age, while women's doubles champions Du Jing and Yu Yang from China, mixed doubles champion Lee Yong-dae from South Korea are just up-and-coming, and set to dominate their respective events for a couple of years.
    It is encouraging that some players from other European countries are fledging on the support of the three training centers sponsored by the BWF, among whom Olga Konon from Belarus and Kestutis Navickas from Lithuania had drastically increased their world rankings after the training, and reached the round of 16 in women's singles and men's singles surprisingly.
    The BWF is considering more investment on a four-year training program, hosting a two-week-long camp four times a year for athletes from developing and less developed countries to obtain a high level training, According to Roger Johansson, Development Committee Chairman of the BWF.
    "This time we have brought players from 50 NOCs, and the next goal is medals in London," said Johansson, hoping that the players trained at the centers could make some breakthrough at the next Olympics.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2008-08/18/content_9475136.htm

12. metalmon1188

STAPUSAITYTE Akvile
    [​IMG]LTU - Lithuania

Date of Birth:Mar 25 1986Height(cm/ft in):166cm / 5'5"[​IMG]Gender:FemaleWeight(kg/lbs):56 kg / 123 lbs Place of Birth:Taurage (Lithuania)Residence:Kaunas (Lithuania)Sport:Badminton Event(s):Women's Singles

#32 metalmon1188, Aug 18, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  13. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    She's pretty. Haven't seen her playing, tho.:p

14. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

If you had you'd know this was posted in the wrong thread ;).

15. metalmon1188

she lost in round 32 to Tine Rasmussen
    21-6 , 21-8 :p

16. metalmon1188

http://www.badzine.info/index.php?o...-on-home-soil&catid=8:international&Itemid=39

"After missing out on Olympic qualification, there was reason for the Russian players to celebrate at the White Nights International Challenge in Russia. Anastasia Russkikh and Ekaterina Ananina (photo) captured the women’s doubles event with a 21-12, 21-18 win over their compatriots Nina Vislova and Valeri Sorokina. The top Russian pair and number one seeds played a faultless tournament without dropping a game. The win was made all the more sweet for Russkikh as the victory came in her home town of Gatchina."
    [​IMG]

Ekaterina Ananina lost to Wong Mew Choo in the 2007 BWF Championship WS second round, by 21-14, 22-20:eek: Not bad

Anastasia Russkikh is the current number 1 Russian Womens doubles player and along with her partner Ekaterina Ananina they are currently world ranked 17.
    http://www.anastasia-russkikh.com/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]