Zhu Lin ( 朱琳 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Xenical, Jul 28, 2006.

1. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    If ZL does not relocate, would she have access to coaches and sparring facilities in China?

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..Zhu Lin didn't have any coach whilst playing in the U.S. Open; and i would assume she was coach-less also whilst playing in the Canada Open..

3. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    If Zhu Lin wants to continue her badminton career, moving to HK will give her way more opportunities than being an independent player, look at the success story of Zhou Mi and Wang Chen. And also she can see her boy friend everyday. :)

4. press100

press100 Regular Member

Science Officer
    Don't forget Sou Di & Deng Xuan. Zhu Lin will has no chance...

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..is that even possible?..being independent but still playing under CHN flag??..
    IMO, considering Zhu Lin's age, she definitely should play and represent another country if indeed she is no longer needed in CHN's national team. I think she still has 2-3 more good yrs to earn as much $$$ as she wants, although watching her play (and partly limping) on that bum knee somewhat puts a cringe on my face..IMO, participating in much of the GP and GP Gold tourneys, esp. without the presence of CHN players, would be advantageous for her (and to an extent the organizer as they have a top player from CHN competing & spicing up the tourney)..

#205 ctjcad, Aug 5, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  6. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    :
    What about playing for USA?:D

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..US badminton will accept her, even Canada badminton will take her...it just depends on her part to decide..:cool:

#207 ctjcad, Aug 5, 2010
  8. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    How about LCW? Will consider also?

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

...we will take Kuan Beng Hong and your famous "Yoyo-man", if they want to come & play for the states or Canada..:cool:

10. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    Wow so with Zhu Lin, KBH and Yoyo you guys stood a good chance to win the coming majors! Bad news for other nations.

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..who mentioned anything about them having a good chance to win the coming majors??..:confused::eek:
    on the other hand, at least M'sia probably has the same chance as the U.S. or Canada of winning another major..no??..

#211 ctjcad, Aug 5, 2010
  12. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    I would say you people stood a much higher chances than Malaysia speaking from the good records and statistics you all have.

13. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I dunno much about baddy in Obama's kingdom:D...for Canada, once upon a time, we had a WS player called Juliene Denise, playing and retired as Canada reigning champion at the ripe mature age of 41 years old finally,,,whew!!:p So ZL can come play for Canada and she can play till she can apply for old age security allowance and moon light coaching in some club like Ardy Wiranata did...who knows, there are a lot of mainland chinese bachelors here with impressive credentials and bank account (that is most important) working hard and had no time for a wife who may interest her:D:p See, win-win, go Canada boleh:p

14. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    Hi uncle OTB. Hope you are well. If Zhu Lin were to emigrate to Canada I think you stood a chance to take care of her.:D Then we will see less of you in BC, too busy....:p

15. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Aspire, sama-sama lah, you well too. If ZL comes to Canada, I give a pass cos I am a old fart and I prolly dunno what to do with her and besides there is a lot of mainland CHN guys here...when I first came to Canada, I was in a culture shock, compare to KL which prolly never sleep, I thought I landed in a no man's land, the streets were deserted after 7.00 pm...now, with the onslaught of the Vietnamese and the mainland chinese, every coner you can find Pho noodles and Szechuan restaurants, and chinese mandarin is everywhere, even in our church, we have a chinese pastor preaching in mandarin and the chinese girls with fair skin are really pretty and that is as far as I will go there....if you believe that:D:p

16. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    The benefits that come with a globalized world. Enjoy "uncle" OTB!

17. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    I believed you 50% only...:p On Canada from the impression drawn by you, its a nice place to live especially for retirees. For Zhu Lin I think its not an ideal prospect if she wanted to prolong her career in badminton because lack of sparring partners. On this I think HK is a better option. Anyway all this are just some bull**** from me.:D

18. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    You are a smart man, never believe a stranger 100%, even 50% is a big leap of faith;) Okay, about Canada, it is a great country and I love Canada for all and everything, a great place to live and travel (lots to see) and quite safe. I came here 30+ yrs ago, caught between 2 cultures and definitely planned to retire 4 months a year in MAS (god willing) when the cold winter arrives:D. ZL can play till old age comes calling but she will not go far but in fact go downhill, to lack to playing partners (I mean the badminton playing partners just in case you are thinking something different:D), no funding from govt to train and to participate, badminton players are totally on their own. I have said some time ago, that the Canadian Open last year was free to the public and it attracted only 40 spectators:crying:. That lack of public interest is enough to kill pro badminton here. OLY baddy final, if we are lucky, will get to see delay broadcast in the obscure hours of dawn and almost unannounced. Now, you see how desperate we are to see videos of top class badminton in BC and kiss the butt of those generous souls like 'We all love CP", Modious, Harris, Vaido and forgive me if I miss mentioning name of other uploaders:D:)

19. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    Wow, you emigrated to Canada 30+ years ago:eek:! I reckon there must have plenty of stories for you to tell if I have the opportunity to meet you some day. On badminton archives, I have plenty of magazines especially Badminton Asia where I subscribed from the very 1st edition. It makes a resourceful read on everything related to badminton. I can borrow it to you someday.

I think we should stop our chat here before someone complain...:D Talk to you next time and have a pleasant week end.;)

20. madbad

madbad Regular Member

A couple more of pic of ZL from the Canadian Open last July in Richmond.

OTB, we had to pay to get in but the event was still quite well attended. Badminton Canada has to be business-like (as opposed to politically correct) when selecting a city to host the Open

Attached Files: