SG Online shops

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Howard, Nov 20, 2001.

1. Howard

Howard Regular Member

Student
    Hey does anybody know any Onlline shops in SG???from the prices diffrence i can get 2 mp 100 there for the price of one in Canada

2. modious

modious Regular Member

Nope, there isn't any online SG shops that I know of....
    But it's true that you can get 2 MP 100s here for the price of one is Canada!

3. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Ehh... you'll have to wait a while....

There's talk about it, but nothing seems to be able to get off the ground yet.

But to make things viable, dont' expect the street prices you can get in Singapore. Probably with a 25-35% mark-up on that. Which is still way cheaper than what you can get in States or Europe right ?

Shipping is about SG$15-25. So you go figure if its still a substantial saving !!

MP-100 : SG$170 + 30% + SG$20 for shipping. Well about CN$197 or US$132.

And I can still make a decently viable profit .... and you save about CN$120 ?

4. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

But mate the whole glitch in it is u Dont get a replacement if teh racket breaks! U guys can actually ship the racket but then u dont have warranty on them. So i guess it is always better That way that they buy it there!

5. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    True, true ..

But then again, its really difficult to get warranty claims on sports equipment here unless its obviously a manufacturing defect. I've not heard of many yet. Probably 2 over the past 10 years or so. And they were for really expensive Tennis rackets that developed cracks within a week or so of purchase.

Anyway, I still don't know if any of the online shops offer such things in any case?

6. MJ

MJ Guest

Are MP100's available for $125 cdn in SG ?? (I sell them for $250 in Canada).

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    gladius, since online store is a legitimate business, can't u get rackets at or close to wholesale prices? if so, u can still add 30% for margin but now u r very price competitive even for foreign buyers.

8. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Its about that price here in Singapore. SG$165. ( CD$1 ~ SG$1.2 )

Hence, about CD$138.

9. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Its not so simple. Yonex has a price structure for its rackets and equipment across different continents and regions. When you sign on as a retail supplier, you're binded to sell only within the specified region or within that price range. Else you're BANNED ! And you may get issued some court order.

Which is why, one way to circumvene this is to get it from the shops and re-sell it. This way, its still relatively cheap, yet Yonex cannot do much about it. Or at least to my knowledge at this point of time.

10. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Gladius,

What abt shipping costs Buddy and insurance and then Over and above this u need to have a warranty scheme and how will u decide whether u will get him a new racket or not buddy.

Man i think it will be a BIG headache mate.

U can probably help a friend or 2 but then u can never do it as a business.

Either way if u are doing it and then i am very sure u can extend some fairly good deals too to me.I hope so atleast. I am still impressed by the Iso 900 $125 deal.

BEST OF LUCK!

I think u should cash in on teh fact that u get amazing variety in SG. So BEST OF LUCK if at all u are going to do it.

11. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    I really don't have much time to delve into such things at length really. But I'm consulting some friends who are in e-commerce consultantcy line. They have given me plenty of input on that.

As for when it can be a reality? I've got no idea, unless I quit my job ( Can't afford to do that just yet). I'll be doing a lot of travelling in the coming year. That probably makes things even harder. Not to mention I plan to pursue my further degree too.

Lets see how things fall into place. It may never take off for all I know.

12. YewTeePlayer

YewTeePlayer New Member

Online Shops

How about workin' with a local sports shop to do e-commerce, and get grants from PSB (government statutory board) to defray the online development cost ?

To attract good sales, the online shop should be able to provide one of the lowest cost and free local shipping.

I estimate that the entire costs of building up such a site is ard $3k - 5k, and monthly hosting would be only $10-20. Anyone interested in workin' this idea out, can email to me at tanhualoon@hotmail.com.

13. kuan84

kuan84 Regular Member

Postgrad at AU
    Have you come about doing this business yet??