Victor Super Waves 37

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Sealman, Jan 27, 2011.

1. jump-smash

jump-smash Regular Member

Sales Manager
    I have a hard time believing also until I tried it myself

let's take MX80 (BP 292~ 293 mm) for an example against BS10 (BP 295 ~ 296 mm) which is more head heavy
    which one do you find more powerful ???
    it's the MX80 right? MX80 is a new version of BS10 on steroid. it has more muscle without sacrificing the speed
    they both have the same frame design which is diamond shaped
    only the frame profile are different ... octablade versus sword blade

and for another instance SW35 BP is only 296 ~ 297 mm
    compare it to Yonex Volric / Armotec series which BP are 300 mm ++
    now who dare to say that SW35 has got less power than YY Voltric or Armotec series ???

2. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    Firstly, my MX80 actually has a higher BP than my BS10. But there are other reasons why it is more powerful. As you said, the octo frame (even shaft), it's chunkier and less nimble than the BS10's. Likewise, the SW35's is even more chunky and less aerodynamic than the MX80's (it's also head heavier). Add to that, the MX80 is stiffer than the BS10, likewise, the SW35 is stiffer still than the MX80. So you can see design and science wise, why each of the rackets are different in terms of power and/or speed.

It's not quite the same comparing the SW35 to the SW37, where the technological properties or innovations should I say, are largely the same. If anything, the change from stiff to medium stiff and head heavy to balanced, the opposite would be expected.

Also I disagree about the MX80 not sacrificing any of the speed of the BS10. I think that's just forum banter and hyperbole personally. From my own experience, the BS10 still has the edge in speed, it's just that the MX80 is still fast enough (for me personally) that on court it makes little real world difference. But the BS10 is definitely still quicker. Fastest racket I've personally ever used. What the MX80 loses (only a bit mind) in speed to the BS10 however, it makes up for with a fair degree more power.

#22 Naim.F.C, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  3. jump-smash

Sales Manager
    In this comparison between SW37 and SW35 is not about BP or stiffness anymore
    it's more about KP aka Kicking Point (shaft bending point) as I've already mentioned above
    so what I feel is that both racket are equally powerful because of this new technology
    the difference is SW37 is more user friendly and more forgiving

4. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    Well, I'm certainly intrigued by your findings Jump-smash. Will be interesting to see more user options/reviews on this racket. Another interesting prospect by Victor.

5. jump-smash

Sales Manager
    that's why I said earlier that the general assumption of a head heavy and extra stiff racket generates more power is getting old today.
    it will be history tomorrow as now we found out that rackets power is not just BP and stiffness that counts but there more to it. there are many other aspect that contribute to power dept also

6. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

that is pretty interesting, the MX80, BS12 and Spira22 just arrived at the local shop and I was thinking of picking up one of those three just to try out but having a tough time deciding since the price is the same, they didn't bring in the SW37 though... Maybe I'll ask for a SW37 instead than...

7. druss

druss Regular Member

While I understand a bit of what you're trying to say, there is also no evidence of such. Statements like this with no supporting evidence are difficult to believe. Also, how is the kicking point measured? Do you just bend the racket and see where the sharpest bend is? Maybe you use high speed cameras to see where it is?

Having played with many (probably not as many as some but more than most) rackets, I have trouble believing that any mid stiff, even balance racket could have more power than my VT80 3U.

8. jump-smash

Sales Manager
    yes you could do that ;)
    just for suggestion
    SW37 is for power
    BS12 is for speed and agility
    SPR22 is for control and placement
    MX80 is an all-rounder, it is basically combination of all the above mentioned rackets

9. jump-smash

Sales Manager
    yes it is very hard to measure as I don't have high speed camera or speed gun
    all I can do is bend the shaft manually and do it traditionally
    that is try it on court ;)

10. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    This is my take as well. I'm just not so sure myself. I've read a lot on these forums, MX80 being just as fast as the BS10, BS12 being just as if not more powerful than BS10, VT80 having all the power of the best, but the speed and agility of the N9900 etc. But from either personal experience, or mass opinion, usually turns out to be false hype. Like any product, film, toy game or whatever. Often the initial excitement can overcloud rational perspective.

That's not to say Jump-smash is wrong, I'm just dubious.

Also Druss, post more on the VT80 vs MX80 in the comparison thread! Hows the VT80 in doubles compared to MX80? And is there a noticeable difference in speed, agility and power between the two?

11. druss

druss Regular Member

I understand the trying it on court part but that's hardly scientific... as you can see from many posts people disagree on even the stiffnes and head heavyness of rackets all the time.

Kick point has to be even harder to measure without specific equipment. Also, as it's something that really needs to be measured dynamically, as opposed to statically, I don't know that simply bending the shaft manually would give you the right information.

In the end, as long as you like the racket it's all that matters. Too many threads on here where poeple get into arguments over which is the better racket... just pick the one you like the most and play...

12. jump-smash

Sales Manager
    yes agree on picking the racket that you like part.
    that's all that really matter
    the best way to prove it is to try it yourself ;)

let me ask you a question
    how do you measure stiffness of your racket
    do you do it scientifically or manually ;)
    do you just bend the shaft with your hands? or you use any equipment?
    how do you know that the indicator on the cones are telling the truth?
    it all comes down to use your feeling and trust right?

#32 jump-smash, Apr 13, 2011
  13. visor

visor Regular Member

It is generally known and accepted that the more user friendly and forgiving rackets in terms of power are the ones with more flexible shafts. What that means is that it is easier to bend the shaft and generate power output with an X amount of power.

However if a player is consistently strong enough to overflex the shaft, then to him, he won't be getting the proportional increase in power output relative to his input. It'll be wasted power. He'll need a stiffer shaft, and that stiffer shaft will allow him to get more power out than the flexy one.

The reverse is also true. A weak player who's unable to bend the stiff shaft is unable to properly transfer power onto the bird, so should use a flexier one.

All of this is just to say that perhaps the sw35 may be too stiff for you while the sw37 is right for you, jump-smash. :p

#33 visor, Apr 13, 2011
  14. jump-smash

Sales Manager
    maybe ... maybe not because beside SW35 ... I also use BS10 and MX80 which all are very stiff rackets I have no problem bending them in playing the actual game that is I think I have enough power to use SW35 or any other stiff racket but the thing is with SW37 I get the same power with less effort that's all

15. visor

visor Regular Member

Another point: you as the user can't truly tell if the sw37 is putting out more or less power than the sw35.
    The only one who can properly judge is the person on the receiving end of your smashes and clears.

16. jump-smash

Sales Manager
    good suggestion !
    I'll try that on
    SW37
    SW35
    MX80

FYI if you doubt my skill or ability to generate power from stiff and head heavy racket
    here's my profile
    i'm not too old to be too weak
    and not too young to be lack of experience
    i'm above 30 and under 40
    been playing badminton for more then 20 years now
    69 kg 175 cm (quite athletic build) ;)

#36 jump-smash, Apr 13, 2011
  17. visor

visor Regular Member

True, but you have to keep in mind that you will get more max potential power out of the 35 than the 37... assuming that you have enough power to overcome the 37 shaft.

If you're not regularly overpowering the 37 shaft, then the 35 is too stiff for you. Not a put down or anything, just a fact. :)

#37 visor, Apr 13, 2011
  18. visor

visor Regular Member

Heh, I have 10 more yrs and 5 more kg than you! :)

I'd be interested in your findings too, hopefully you have the same string and tension on all 3 rackets.

19. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    Yea well Visor....I have 29 years less on you and even more weight! Beat that! :p

20. jump-smash

Sales Manager

• yes I agree partly on that but until I tried SW37 maybe I have to disagree.
    • consider this: Fu Hai Feng use Ti-10 Gen 2 when he set the world record of the fastest smash.
    • Tan Boon Heong use Ti-10 gen 3 ---> BP +/- 290 ~ 295 mm with medium stiff shaft.
    • Koo Kien Kiat use AS8DX ---> BP +/- 290 ~ 295 mm.
    • Lee Yong Dae use BS09 ---> BP +/- 290 ~ 295 mm with medium flex shaft.
    • are you saying that Jung Jae Sung has a better smash than all the players above because JJS use SW35 ???
    • sorry guys if I smashed your pre-assumption to pieces it's not easy to be a whistle blower but someone has to do it and I'm glad it's me :)

#40 jump-smash, Apr 13, 2011