P. V. Sindhu पुसर्ला वेन्कटा सिन्धु

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by cobalt, Jun 20, 2011.

1. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    [h=1]PV Sindhu clinches maiden Grand Prix title with Malaysian Open win[/h]
    http://sports.ndtv.com/othersports/...iden-grand-prix-title-with-malaysian-open-win

EXCERPTS:

India's P.V. Sindhu lived up to her top billing by winning her maiden Grand Prix Gold title beating Singaporean fifth seed Juan Gu in the women's singles final of the USD 120,000 Malaysia Open badminton in Kuala Lumpur on Saturday.

The Hyderabadi World No.13 won 21-17, 17-21, 21-19 in one hour and 11 minutes at the Juara Indoor Stadium to increase her head-to-head to 2-1 against Gu.

An excited Sindhu said she was overwhelmed with the win.

"I am very happy with the win and no words can describe my feelings," Sindhu told IANS.

Both the players won equal number of points at the net. But it were the third court play and smashes that made the difference for Sindhu, who made the best use of her height.

All the three games were tightly contested between the two Asians.

Sindhu won the first game using her height for excellent court coverage. From 10-all, the Indian made sure she was ahead of the World No.27 Gu throughout the rest of the game.

The second game was a closer affair with nothing separating the two, who kept each other in range at the start. But from 15-all, Gu hit some clear winners which caught her 17-year-old opponent off-guard as she won six points to Sindhu's two.

Though the start of the third game was close, the 22-year-old Singaporean extended her lead to six points (13-7) putting Sindhu in more than a spot of bother. But the Indian clawed back into the match winning five straight points, aided by some terrific smashes into the body of Gu, to level at 18-all.

Sindhu took the next two points to reach match point. Gu saved one but the day belonged to Sindhu, who entered the big league by clinching her maiden Grand Prix Gold title.

The last time Sindhu came close to winning a Grand Prix Gold was at the Syed Modi India International in Lucknow last year when she lost in the final to Indonesian Lindaweni Fanetri.

Excellent Sindhu.. Good start....I wish you for many more in the future :)..

2. gopalprasad

gopalprasad Regular Member

Software Architect
    The road to Top 10 isn't this easy.... ;) There wouldnt be a change in the rankings with this tournament, she would increase her tally with 2000 pints though.... She needs to win more and be consistent.... Go to the drawing room and chalk out a few learnings and work on them!! All the Best!!

High Hopes.......

3. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Some excerpts of the interview given by Sindhu after winning the title.

"It is a very big victory for me,"

"It was a long match, the toughest one I have played in this tournament. I am playing well at the moment but I need to get better and better."

"There was nothing like pressure. Each game was good, they were really good players. I took it match by match and did not expect to win when I played my first match on May 1,"

"This is a dream come true for me. I would like to thank the BAI President Dr Akhilesh Das Gupta and chief coach Pullela Gopichand for motivating me and pushing me to excel,"

And her mentor cum coach Pullela Gopichand about her win,

"will see a rise in her confidence".

"It was good for her to play three weeks back-to-back, quarterfinals of Asian championships, semifinal of a Superseries and winning a Grand Prix Gold, this will keep her in good stead for the future. Still, a lot to work need to be done in her game,"

BAI president Dr.Akilesh DasGupta has said

"This is a proud day for Indian sports and our country's badminton. I congratulate P V Sindhu for bringing great laurels for India,"

"Sindhu had come close to winning a Grand Prix Gold in the finals in Lucknow last year but I'm thrilled she has clinched her maiden GP title on foreign soil. She is capable of achieving much more and I'm sure her victory will boost Indian shuttlers to aim higher at the World Championship and Super series tournaments,"

Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy today congratulated shuttler P V Sindhu on winning the Grand Prix Gold title in the Malaysian Open badminton final in Kuala Lumpur today.

Nice starting for this young girl. All the very best for her upcoming tournaments..:)

#263 scorpion1, May 4, 2013
    Last edited: May 4, 2013
  4. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Interview Excerpts of Sindhu after winning Malaysian Open GPG 2013 title..:

What’s the feeling like to win your first Grand Prix Gold title?
    I cannot express in words how I’m feeling right now. I am very happy. But, I am aware that with this win, expectations will rise. Now that my wait of winning a GP gold is over, I need to put in more hard work to reach the top.

Having played Juan Gu before, was it easier for you to prepare for the final?
    I played against her a year ago. Our games have undergone a lot of changes. It was a long, tough and tiring match, but I’m glad I kept my cool and won.

You came close to winning a GP Gold title in Lucknow last year when you lost to Lindaweni Fanetri. You’ve done it, at last…
    I missed winning in Lucknow by a whisker. I was unable to attend my elder sister Divya’s wedding then. Now that I have won the title, I would like to dedicate the win to my family especially my sister and coaches — P Gopichand and Edwin Iriawan without whom I wouldn’t have achieved success.

Do you have any ranking goals for the rest of the year?
    My immediate aim is to break into the Top-10 and later, a Top-5 finish.

How did you celebrate your win?
    There were no big celebrations. I missed my parents. But in their absence, I went and hugged my coach Edwin. Then I called my parents and spoke to them at length. I went out with my coach for dinner. I am looking forward to some celebrations when I reach Hyderabad. I just can’t wait to have some Hyderabadi biryani cooked by my mother.

What do you want to gift yourself for the win?
    A nice t-shirt!

Saina Nehwal is your idol, but now you will be pitted against her. Are you ready for that?
    I have always been compared with Saina, but I have managed to come out of that and make my own little space. She’ll always be my idol. I’ll will try not to take that pressure on court. I’ll play against her like any other opponent.

5. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Sindhu is IMO, still a diamond in the rough - many aspects of her game remain unpolished, unfinished or at times downright pedestrian. Still a long ways to go.

My one hope is that her coaches are able to correct some of her unconscious inefficient habits that have evolved in her overhead forehand stroke, especially when she is under pressure. A tall and big-boned girl like her should be encouraged to open her shoulders a lot more.

Most players have discovered her fatal weaknesses in the forehand rearcourt recovery, forecourt drop recovery and change of direction in midcourt. She really needs to hit the gym to build up the leg power and core strength, and do a lot more plyometrics...

Having said that, with all her flaws, she is still the potential future jewel in Indian's WS crown. She still needs to grow a year or two older to hit the right age when she will blossom into the champion player she promises to be.

6. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    still long way to go .. But she is a great fighter. I hope she will do better in the near future.

#266 scorpion1, May 6, 2013
    Last edited: May 6, 2013
  7. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    [h=1]‘OMG...! I’ve won!’: P.V. Sindhu[/h]
    http://www.deccanchronicle.com/130506/lifestyle-offbeat/article/%E2%80%98omg-i%E2%80%99ve-won%E2%80%99-pv-sindhu

EXCERPTS:

What has been promised for so long was finally delivered on Saturday, when fast-rising Hyderabad badminton star P.V. Sindhu clinched the Malaysia Grand Prix, defeating Juan Gu of Singapore 21-17, 17-21, 21-19 in a fiercely fought final.

“It is a very happy moment for all of us. We have been waiting for this day for so long,” said an ecstatic P.V. Ramana, Sindhu’s father, “This being her first senior title makes it a very special day for us.”

While the match was in progress in Kuala Lumpur, her family had to endure some very tense moments.

Her father recounts, “She won the first game but her opponent won the second. Sindhu was then trailing 10-15 in the third game, when we lost the internet connection. We didn't know what to do. We then got the news that she had won and when we spoke to her, all she could say was, ‘I just stood there, blank, not realising I had won.’ We are all on cloud nine!”

Reflected the same sentiment, Sindhu related, “It was a very taxing match. After I won the first game, Juan fought back really well to win the second. But the third game is one that I will remember for a long time. I was trailing 10-15, and for a moment, I was worried.”

Sindhu then fought back and made it 14-15. She then took the lead, and with Juan snapping at her heels, wrapped up the set 21-19 to win the title.

“I just froze on the court for a couple of minutes. I couldn’t believe I had won. Then it hit me and my first reaction was, ‘Oh my God! I’ve actually won!’”

Sindhu thanked her coach Edwin Iriawan, who had accompanied her to Malaysia, and the support staff for their encouragement. “It has been a great three weeks for me. I played the quarterfinals at Chinese Taipei (Badminton Asia Championships) and the semifinals in New Delhi (India Open Superseries) and now, I have won my first title.”

8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  9. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
  10. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
  11. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    [h=2]Shuttler PV Sindhu signs up with Tendulkar's firm[/h]
    http://www.mid-day.com/sports/2013/...ndhu-signs-up-with-sachin-tendulkars-firm.htm

EXCERPTS:

Being touted as India’s next badminton sensation after Saina Nehwal, young P.V Sindhu has signed a contract with management company Universal Collectabillia, which is co-owned by master blaster Sachin Tendulkar, according to media reports.

Universal Collectabillia, a merchandise and brand extension firm, is jointly owned by Tendulkar and his friends Chamundeswarnath and Anjana Reddy.

The company will manage the 17-year-old shuttler, who’s on a high currently after winning her maiden title at Malaysian Grand Prix Gold at Kuala Lumpur on Sunday, till the 2016 Olympics in Brazil.

"We will be managing her till next Olympics. She is a bright prospect and had just started winning titles," Chamundeswarnath was quoted as saying in a report.

Interestingly, Chamundeswarnath along with his friends gave Rs 5 lakh reward to Sindhu for winning the Malaysian event.

Chief National Coach Pullela Gopichand, who is her mentor is happy for his ward and feels Sindhu is lucky to be managed by such a big firm.

"Getting support from such a popular firm will help her a lot. She is very lucky to get this sort of support early in her career," a report quoted Gopichand as saying.

The 5 ft 10 in tall shuttler, who is currently ranked 13 in the BWF rankings, hopes to break into the top 10 by the end of this year and is currently preparing for the Sudirman Cup, to be held in another two weeks time.

12. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    [h=1]Badminton star P.V. Sindhu to get support from celebrity-commerce firm[/h]
    http://sports.ndtv.com/othersports/...u-to-get-support-from-celebrity-commerce-firm

EXCERPTS:

India's first celebrity-commerce firm - Collectabillia.com - has formally announced its association with teenage badminton sensation P.V.Sindhu, fresh from her victorious outing at the Grand Prix Gold tournament in Malaysia. Collectabillia.com will support the talented Sindhu and jointly work with her on brand connect beyond endorsements on an exclusive basis.

The Managing Director of the firm, Anjana Reddy, a former national junior player, said considering Sindhu's steady rise and potential, her firm has decided to support and form a professional relationship with her.

"The biggest hindrance to realising of the true potential of a talented Indian sportsperson is the lack of fiscal support and sporting ecosystem. I strongly believe that an athlete's sole responsibility is to concentrate on his/her game while we build a support system around that facilitates them to deliver to their potential at the world stage. We are excited to be associated with a dynamic talent like Sindhu and Collectabillia.com looks forward to supporting her future quests," said Reddy.

Sindhu is currently ranked at 13 by the Badminton World Federation and has been training under of Pulella Gopichand in Hyderabad. While dedicatedly climbing the rankings through the last few years, Sindhu along the way has defeated Olympic medalists and at 17, her feats make her a very strong contender at the Rio Olympics 2016.

Commenting on the association, Sindhu said, "As I continue to focus on improving my game, it is reassuring to have a strong foundation that can support me emotionally, substantially and monetarily. A combination of my parents, Gopi Sir and the support of Collectabillia provides for that solid foundation."

13. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    The portion where Sindhu came back from 8-14 down to 14-15 in the rubber game of the finals of Malaysian open GPG 2013 was missing in the links given by me in the previous scraps. So, i want to share a link which have the full video without any editing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPcf_sxGda4

I wanna thank Mr.Unome63 for giving this video to all of us by uploading the new version without any cuts.. :)

14. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Recent interview with sportskeeda..

[h=1]Interview with P V Sindhu, the crown princess of Indian badminton – Part 1[/h]

http://www.sportskeeda.com/2013/05/14/p-v-sindhu-interview-part-one/

EXCERPTS:

William Faulkner, the much acclaimed Nobel Laureate, had written, “Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do. Don’t bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.” A 17-year-old girl from Hyderabad is already living by that adage.
    Pusarla Venkata Sindhu might only be a teenager, but she is already a towering presence on the badminton court. The lanky teenager measures 5’10” and packs a mean smash that has derailed even the most dreaded Chinese players. The world No.13 is enjoying a brilliant year on tour, taking victory and defeat in her elegant stride with a disarming smile.
    Sindhu met up with Anand Datla of Sportskeeda for an exclusive conversation on her journey so far. Sindhu took time from her busy schedule for this engaging conversation in which she discussed her aspirations and reflected on her young and promising career.
    We bring you this insightful conversation in two parts.

Sindhu, many congratulations on your recent victory in Malaysia.
    We really hope that you keep up the success and do well for many years to come.

Thank you.

Let us start with your time as a child. It was a long ride, getting to the practice courts, wasn’t it?

Yeah, we used to stay in Secunderabad. It is 27 kilometers one way from my home to Gachibowli. Sometimes, we used to go up and down twice a day (108 km). So I would stay back and return home only late in the evening. We did that for like 2 ½ years when I was small. Later on I spent about a year and a half living at the academy. I used to return home for the weekends. A few years down the line my parents bought a home near the academy, so now it’s only 5 minutes away.

So your parents used to drive you every morning to the academy?

Yeah, I used to have my training at 5:30 am. There were many young kids of my age; it was a big group.

Sindhu, can you tell us about the influence of your first coach?

My first coach was Mohammad Ali and I used to go to practice to a railways facility near my home. He passed away a few years ago. After playing there for a while, we shifted to Lal Bahadur Stadium.

Eventually, I enrolled at the Pullela Gopichand Badminton Academy in Gachibowli. I have been learning there for more than five years now. I have picked up a lot of skills under the guidance of Gopi sir. There are several coaches there, including some Indonesians.

How much does the win in Malaysia mean to you?

The last time I had a shot at a Grand Prix was at the Syed Modi India International at Lucknow last year. The final was on the day of my sister’s marriage. I could not attend the wedding as I stayed back for the match and then lost (to Indonesian Lindaweni Fanetri). It was an emotional day. So this victory comes as a great relief, everyone was very happy. My coaches, my family, everybody congratulated me.

Tell us about your most memorable victory?

I was very happy to defeat Li Xuerui. She is the world No. 1 and the Olympic gold medallist, so it was a big day for me. I will always remember that match. (She gets very excited as she starts to recount the details of the match).

Talk us through the match against Li Xuerui:

First, I didn’t think I’d win because (she was an) Olympic gold medallist. The coaches told me – just go and play your game; you’ve got a chance to play against a senior player. Don’t get tensed, you’re a good player, play your 100%. When we started, I won the first game. It gave me a bit of confidence, but then I lost the 2nd game very easily. In the third game, you know, we were going level before I took the lead and won. Unbelievable! My coaches were very happy too.

Did you sense the possibility of victory as the match progressed?

I was not too overconfident because you know these senior players can pull it back. They can come back very quickly because they’re experienced players. So I didn’t think about the win. Just took it one point at a time. Even towards the end, I was 20 and she was 16. She rallied to 18 and I was praying in my mind for that one point. I got it and won the match, so I was very happy after that.

What was going through your mind through that second game? You lost eight points in a row during a stretch there.

Yeah, one side of the court was very fast, everything was going out. It was hard to control my strokes.

Why was that?

Because in every tournament there is a little drift or wind. We can’t complain because even the opponent has the same problem. You know it is because of the air conditioning flow from one side or the other. You just need to adapt to it and adjust the power behind your strokes.

Who’s had the biggest influence on you?

First and most important is Gopi sir. He teaches me very patiently. And then there are all the other coaches too. At any tournament, they come and share tips. 2-3 coaches come with us to the international events.

Talk to me about Gopi sir, how much of an influence is he, as a coach and as a person?

I’m very grateful to him. He tells me everything, even when I am making mistakes. He’s very patient too; I could make the same mistake 10, 11 or 20 times, but he speaks in the same tone and teaches me the right approach. Seriously, I’m very thankful, he’s a great coach, a champion – training under him is wonderful. Whenever we do practice, he encourages and suggests how you can improve.

As a person, outside the court, he’s really nice and on court, he’s sincere and serious. Off court, he’s fun.

How does it feel to be following in the footsteps of Saina Nehwal?

Saina is a very good player; I did wish that I could play like her when I was a junior. There are a lot of people who say say I’m the next Saina. I feel very happy about that, but you need to work hard to live up to these expectations. I would like to just do well as Sindhu.

15. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    [h=1]P V Sindhu – the crown princess of Indian Badminton – Part 2[/h]

http://www.sportskeeda.com/2013/05/14/p-v-sindhu-interview-part-two/

EXCERPTS:

Sindhu took time from her busy schedule, preparing for the Sudirman Cup and other events lined up for her this May. In an engaging conversation she spoke with us about her aspirations and reflected on her young and promising career. 6

You’re
    done with your first Golden Grand Prix. At 17, it is a fantastic achievement. What are your immediate plans?

Every year we have many tournaments. I have just played three tournaments and now we have the Sudirman Cup in 2 weeks’ time. And then we have Thailand, Indonesia and Singapore. The coaches decide which tournaments to play. Endurance and strength are also very important, so we need to manage the schedule to ensure we can play at our best at each event.

What would keep you happy at the end of the year?

I am currently world No. 13 and will bag a few points for winning in Malaysia. My goal is to make the top 10 by the end of the year. For each tournament, I would like to reach the semi-finals or at least the quarters. I would like to play consistently well through the rest of the year.

Do you have a favourite tournament?

I do not have any particular tournament. If I win, it is my favourite tournament. (chuckles)

You took out two Chinese players in a row at the Yonex Sunrise India Open 2013, how did you feel going into the semis?

These two I have played last year, qualifying rounds and I lost easily. My second round opponent (Yu Sun) – I played her twice earlier; this was my third match against her. First time I lost, second time I won. Beating both the Chinese was good, especially after losing the first game. Even my first round opponent (Yao Xue), she’s a very good player. The last time we played, she took me out 9 or 10, now I could beat her. I’ve improved and I hope to improve more and more.

Going into the semis, you must have felt confident of winning. Were you lacking energy?

She played really well (3[SUP]rd[/SUP] seeded Ratchanok Intanon) and my strokes were constantly going out or sitting up in the middle. She finished the points quickly and I didn’t really get a chance. (Sindhu lost the semis 12-21, 6-21)

Again, you’ve done very well in India. Does it feel different playing at home and how different is it from playing overseas?

In India, the crowd support is really good. But outside India too, we have plenty of support. In Indonesia, they were supporting me. It depends, Indians support a lot and even outsiders support the Indian players.

Tell us a little bit about your management company, Universal Collectibilia?

I signed with them recently, I’m very thankful and I hope that the relationship brings more success.

You’re associated with the Olympic Gold Quest. How does the relationship work? What does the program bring to you?

The OGC picks up promising players aspiring for an Olympic medal. They encourage the player by providing financial support for travel and tournaments. They also help by providing professionals such as Physios, Doctors and Psychologists etc. Their support gives us the freedom to choose and play more tournaments if required.

Can you tell us about your practice routine?

Our day at the academy starts at 4.30 in the morning – 04:30 hrs to 06: 0o hrs, then 07:00 hrs to 08:30 hrs. We have a midday session from 11:30 hrs to 12:30 hrs and one in the evening between 16:00 hrs and 17:30 hrs. We do multiple forms of training – playing opponents, on court drills, weights, endurance and running.

Can you tell us about the physical training part?

Sometimes we do weights; we do agility, shadows, running and core ab-works to strengthen the abdomen. It is important to have strength and endurance. Stamina is very crucial in badminton as there are too many rallies and long matches.

Anything over an hour is a long match, how do you recover?

Our training at the academy is pretty good. Some of the players, when they play a long match, they just drop dead. We have enough strength and stamina to play long matches. Besides, each time we play a tournament, sir asks us how we played and why we lost. Honestly, when we play other country players, we’re the stronger ones. Some players get too tired – I still remember in Lucknow when I played against the Indonesian girl (Lindaweni Fanetri) – I lost against her and she was totally dead. I had enough stamina, that wasn’t a problem.

After a match, any set routine to cool off?

We do stretching, parts become stiff and our legs don’t move and they start paining. We get cramps, so we need to do proper stretching and relax ourselves. Sometimes our physio gives us a massage; it depends on the state of the body really.

What do you think of line call review coming up?

Yeah, it is a good option. Recently, Saina lost because of an umpiring decision. Bad luck for her. It is useful.

Have you seen it work?

No, I haven’t, only while watching tennis on television. I think it helps and could be beneficial. Every call matters and in those crucial
    moments in a match, it gives us an option.

Do you miss being a normal teen?

Not really. I love playing Badminton. It is more fun being on the court that anything else. I also get to travel a lot, which is fun. And then I have so many friends in the game too. But I am just very happy playing Badminton.

You travel a lot. How do you like spending your spare time?

I love talking to my sister. She is in the US doing her medicine. I also love going out to movies with family and friends.

Do you have a favourite city?

Overseas, I like Switzerland. But I love Hyderabad mostly.

Who is your idol?

Gopichand.

Do you have any heroes outside Badminton?

No. But I do like Mahesh Babu and Prabhas in the movies.

On that sweet personal note, Sindhu, we at Sportskeeda would like to thank you for your time during a very busy week. We wish you the very best on the road ahead.

16. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    There is an interview with P V Sindhu (ofcourse , it is in her mother tongue, telugu with english in between. )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnLGRiFsawY

She is very humble with smiling face.. Very down to earth...:)

17. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    In a recently released ranking, Sindhu is ranked 11 and its a great news for her.. Not too long to wait for to be announced as one of the seedings in any of the tournaments in the near future. But she has to be careful in her assignments.. I believe in her more. She will do it for sure..

18. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    [h=1]Sindhu aims to break into top 10[/h]
    http://www.sportskeeda.com/2013/06/02/sindhu-aims-to-break-into-top-10/

EXCERPTS:

Sindhu, 17, will have to play outside her comfort zone, as she has been drawn to meet Korean badminton star Ji Hyun Sung, who has been seeded sixth for the tournament. Sindhu has been constantly troubling her higher-ranked counterparts, but it would be interesting to see if she manages to pull off a victory here.

If Sindhu manages to overcome Ji Hyun Sung, she will have a relatively easy outing in the round of 16, where she will square off against the winner between Tsa Ka Chan and Petya Nedelcheva.

Should the Syed Modi Indian Grand Prix runner-up win both her matches, she will potentially clash with former world no. 1 and third seed for the tournament, Wang Yihan of China. This would be the match to look out for as all the eyes of the Indian supporters will be on Sindhu, hoping she can upset the Chinese girl.

Sindhu, daughter of former volleyball players, is clinging to her career-best rank of no. 11 in the world, with 51092.0000 ranking points in her kitty. If the lanky teenager makes a decent run at the tournament, she will probably break into the top 10 after beating Tai Tzu Ying of Taipei, who has 55509.3326 ranking points.

Though Sindhu, who came into the limelight after winning the Malaysian Open Grand Prix Gold, has a tough road at the tourney, we should expect some surprises from her as she is competent enough to beat higher-ranked players and eventually book a spot in top 10.

19. gopalprasad

gopalprasad Regular Member

Software Architect
    I would say she has already broke into the top 10 as Tine has retired, she is the Top 10 currently playing WS. The key for her is to be consistent and reach the Quarters and Semis consistently in the events she participates then may be win a few of these semis...
    If she manages this she would be through Top 5 :)

20. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Yes Gopal.. She has started to improve her game a lot. Let's see how she does in the coming tournaments.. She is participating in Indonesia open with Sung Ji hyun as her first round opponent. She has to believe in herself. Even in the sudirman cup, she made lots of silly mistakes in the second game against Yihan though she had a quite comfortable lead earlier. Lets see how she does in indonesia. :)..

By the by, Where were you? Long time no see...;)