want to know tension of top players

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by Xaviman, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    hehe..sick..i wonder if there's any rackets can bear that..

2. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Almost all modern racquets, including fakes and other Chinese brands can be strung to 30lbs, provided if they are properly mounted and strung on 6-point machines. However, in reality you have no control over the quality of stringers and stringing jobs in the market, hence the conservative low tension warranty. At the warranty tensions you can almost string the racquet without any supports, say like manual stringing you still find some very old stringers using.
    If you have the 15 vcds CCTV5 badminton training series you will find Chinese coaches stringing racquets manually.

3. Glacyus

Glacyus Regular Member

Right - I don't doubt today's rackets' ability to take higher tensions, just forgot to mention variability of stringing skill as the main reason for increased breakages, which you did write about.

4. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

Anyone knows the tension of KKK, TBH and FHF?? thank you..

5. bayu_ir

bayu_ir Regular Member

marketing communications
    It's nice to know the "insider"...pssst...sifuyono is someone from Pelatnas ;) (how I translate this; training camp for Indonesian players before sent to int'l tournaments)...or he is somebody from big club that usually support players :cool:. Right mas sifuyono? Guys...ask him how Taufik practice his wrist, it's insane :rolleyes:.

6. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

so, how Taufik practise his wrist?? Smash with tennis or squash racket?? I'm interested to know and hope to adopt the practice method..

7. Footwork

Footwork Regular Member

Student
    I think that Nathan strings his at 32lbs

8. bayu_ir

bayu_ir Regular Member

marketing communications
    Don't want to answer it Jack, it's our (indonesian's) secret :D:D. Tennis or squash racquet?:rolleyes: We have sooo many amateur/recreational badminton players here, in cities, villages, but believe me mostly they can't afford to buy another racquet:(

Try it more "natural" like us Jack! Put sand in the bottle big one, 660 ml:confused:) as much as you can, wrap it's neck with cloth and play your wrist, fast...and faster to any direction! Those big racquets will just make you swing (your forearm) more. Focus on your wrist Jack and dont tell your buddy about it.

9. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

wrap the cloth to our wrist or palm?? play my wrist without any arm movement?? thanks, sifu..

10. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    wads da use if the tension is so high? does it help your playing?

11. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

more power in your game, if your arm can really take it.. if not, the shots will go half court

12. eguitarcoolboy

eguitarcoolboy Regular Member

In general, higher tension = more control less power; lower tension more power less control.

Cheers
    Kent

13. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    ah... got it.. thx.. im currently playing wit 22-23 lbs.. wad about u guys?? :)

14. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

Follow me on Twitter: @sifuyono
    hei..heiii it's not mine ...:p :p
    that's a very economical way, but nowadays wrist strength doesn't populair as before, now it's time for... arm swing speed...:D :D

15. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

i'm hmmm...:p :p 26lbs on yonex digital machine, other crank machine 30lbs:crying: :crying: :D :D

16. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

added:
    sigit b. (INA): bg-68ti at 31lbs
    flandi L (INA): bg-80 at 32lbs

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

An interesting article on players' string tensions..

..just want to share this article on the different types of string tensions the players use:cool:...This article was posted in Jakarta Post, just after this yr's Indonesian Open..:)
    *Not recommended to most of us, but notice Taufik's preferred string tension (that's in Pete LSD's neighborhood):p:D;); notice also what other players prefer to string their strings at..:p:cool:
    =========================================================
    You are what racket you play with
    Oleh admin
    Kamis, 17-Mei-2007, 23:09:36 361 klik

If badminton was war, then shuttlers' rackets would be the weapons used to engage in battle. A racket, somehow, can often reflect a player's individual style.

By: Damar Harsanto, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta

If badminton was war, then shuttlers' rackets would be the weapons used to engage in battle. A racket, somehow, can often reflect a player's individual style.

''Each shuttler who repairs their rackets here, often requires us to use certain brands of badminton strings and to apply certain tension levels to suit their needs,'' Yonex Indonesia promotion executive Reynaldo Rante Allo told The Jakarta Post.

As badminton's dominant sponsor, the Japan-based sporting equipment producer Yonex provides a free-of-charge racket repair service for competing shuttlers.

At the recently-concluded Djarum Indonesia Open Super Series at the Indoor Hall at Bung Karno Sports Complex in Senayan, Central Jakarta, Yonex had two racket repair staff on deck.

''Sometimes, we also have to customize the rackets based on a player's requests, ranging from string tension through to the grip bands,'' Reynaldo said.

''Over time, we have become familiar with the players' requests.''

Indonesian men's singles shuttler Taufik Hidayat, for example, often asks that his strings be set at a tension level of 34 to enable him to play faster, while China's Zheng Bo is comfortable with his strings at 32.

''Most Indonesian and European shuttlers are comfortable with having their racket string tension tightened at between 30 and 34. Though Japanese players often prefer the tension to be at between 24 and 26, as this suits their relatively slow style of play,'' Reynaldo said. Even when there's no broken strings in their rackets, many players show up just to have their strings tightened after matches.

''We also provide different kinds of racket grip bands as some want leather, others want rubber. We also prepare certain popular strings, which are often asked for and used by the players,'' he added.

According to Reynaldo, the demand for racket repairs is very high, especially during the initial days of major tournaments.

''At the Singapore Open last week, we repaired a whopping 500 rackets throughout the tournament. But here, we only handle an average of 40 rackets a day. The number continues to dwindle as the competition reaches its conclusion and as many players head home,'' he explained.

Each shuttler often has three or four rackets requiring repair during an event.

''Since we only have one manual device and one mechanic device available to tighten racket strings, we prioritize the rackets belonging to shuttlers with early matches scheduled, rather than those playing later in the day,'' Reynaldo concluded.

(thejakartapost.com)

#37 ctjcad, Oct 18, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  18. CYW2006

CYW2006 Regular Member

KKK--BG65 29 lbs using Yonex ES5PRO machine...(according to the staff who strung his racket)

19. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

such a "low" tension compare to the other pro:)

20. CYW2006

CYW2006 Regular Member

according to the staff..double dont need high tension....