2014 Yonex New Racket (Voltric Z-Force II / VT-ZF2)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ZeroSOFInfinity, Jan 14, 2014.

1. ariffd93

ariffd93 Regular Member

student
    Really bro? How about the feel? Or maybe this racket just repainted zspeed for marketing purpose?

2. Buddhist_fist

Buddhist_fist Regular Member

I also have a 3U Z Speed so I will compare it with my 4U Z Force II. Also for the people that is writing their review or opinions on the Z Force II, it is probably a good idea to mention if you are using a 3U or 4U and what type of string and tension just for reference.

3. Shinyballoon

Shinyballoon Regular Member

what strings are those? and what colour? they look amazing

4. segamat

segamat Regular Member

This VTZF2 is different from VTZF in physical attributes. Totally different design and definitely is not a repainted ZF....

5. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    [MENTION=57143]visor[/MENTION]

Just tested the Z-Speed and got 0.64 kg/cm.

For reference, the Z-Forces' value are:
    - Original Z-Force: 0.65 kg/cm
    - Z-Force 2:
    0.67 kg/cm

Do note that there is a margin of error as it is possible to set the device in many different ways. I try to set it the exact same way everytime but there may be a very slight variation sometimes.

6. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    its way different from zspeed [MENTION=105586]ariffd93[/MENTION] .. zspeed is very fast but din provide me the power I want just like the zforce 2 did ..

7. hgl13

hgl13 Regular Member

just had a 2 hour doubles session with 4u z force ii strung at 28lbs with bg66 ultimax. probably the best racket i've ever used. Im a user of nanoray 700rp, fx, 800 3u/4u for a year and half. I must say in terms of weight is similar to all the mentioned 4us' if not lighter. Swing and speed wise are defnitely faster than all 3 models. Im really surprise that the frame cuts through the air that quick. Power wise much much better than the mentioned 3us/4us. transition from those rackets to z force ii is effortless even though theres slight timing issue during defence because of the faster swing and smaller head and at the begining of the sessions. besides that all thumbs up. cant compare with z speed because ive never tried one before.

8. Chow Mein

Chow Mein Regular Member

How would you compare your 4U Z-force ii to the 3U Nanoray 800?

9. Racquetguy

Racquetguy Regular Member

I've used a 4U ZF II for four sessions now, 27lbs BG80P. I'm a usual 4U ZF (for some reason I prefer my limited over the regular), 26lbs BG80P user ever since it's initial launch. Over the last year or so I've done my own purchases and trials of the NR 700RP, ZF 3U (ZF88), Z Speed, I-Force, Flash Boost and Arc 11. Also made extensive use of the VT80 3U and 4U. So I will say, I'm somewhat experienced with the current Yonex line:D. My initial impressions were that this racket is way too stiff and as expected very head heavy. Noticeable fatigue/strain on wrist and elbow in first two days of use. Racquet has a classic quality look to it, not much to see from a distance but details are well appreciated up close. The larger grommet single piece set (tungsten infused grommets) in the four corners is interesting, I'm wondering how they will hold up and if replacement will be an issue or not. Recessed grommet at bottom is also a nice feature but I wonder if that really changes anything, at least for me. Very slightly smaller head is not an issue for me and combined with extra stiff shaft is felt in the improvement in racquet head response time. Timing adjustment was (and still is) required, racquet makes hitting shots out a little too easy, defence is better than ZFI, wrist drives are very easy, but find that at least right now I have to really wind up and accelerate the racquet to properly yield it's smash potential, again it could easily be a function of break-in and adjustment, and/or combined with my swing type/play style. By the third and fourth session I found the racquet to be a lot more comfortable, but still not fully adjusted to the racquet head's faster response time. Now wrist and elbow fatigue only somewhat noticeable after playing... As expected it's like the ZF I but it's definitely not the same, faster head speed, more head weight and definitely more stiff. I will continue with the trial and hope my wrist and elbow can handle this impressive new beast. Just my two cents.

10. zenvo

zenvo Regular Member

[​IMG]

Click on the photo to view the album.. :)

11. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    This racket is just...beautiful. Well, I say beautiful, but actually it looks more slick, cool or bad ass if anything.

12. Xamime

Xamime Regular Member

I walked in to restring my rackets today in the Windsor shop in Shibuya, Tokyo. Thought I would analyze the ZF2 a little bit while I was in there.

I'm a Li-ning user, and I don't use Yonex rackets nowadays although I do have own and have played with Yonex before. Specifically, I own 3xVTZF and it's one of my all time favorite rackets.

I held it, stared at it and swung it for about 45 minutes. And oh yeah, I know the people at the store so I'm not completely retarded. (I'd like to believe)

-The shaft is very slim, stiff and feels very strong.
    -The paintjob is beauuuuutiful. It's one of the most cool looking rackets I've ever seen. It's got the same texture as ZF, but do you remember how the paint on the ZF's shaft looked like a 3 yr old had done it with crayons? With the obvious sticker-like things? Apparently the Yonex team replaced that 3 year old. :) While they probably still are using the same technology and methods, it's much more discrete this time and just looks better.
    -The frame of the racket is smaller than your normal Voltric rackets, but bigger than the Z-speed. (See pictures).
    -It did indeed feel faster than the normal ZF as I swung it, and this time I actually do believe it would increase ones smash power unlike the "Voltric" Z-speed, which in my opinion is one of the worst rackets Yonex ever made.
    -I felt like I could win All England 2014 with the racket in my hand. When I first grabbed the

With that said, I'm gonna buy the racket sooner or later because of curiousity. I get my Li-ning rackets very cheap and I'm liking them so far, so I don't really have a reason to change.

I'll attach pictures for ya..

Attached Files:

• zf1.jpg
      zf1.jpg
      File size:
      87.2 KB
      Views:
    • zf2.jpg
      zf2.jpg
      File size:
      98.7 KB
      Views:
    #672 Xamime, Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  13. Xamime

Xamime Regular Member

zf3.jpg zf3.jpg

Attached Files:

• zf6.jpg
      zf6.jpg
      File size:
      43.3 KB
      Views:
    • zf7.jpg
      zf7.jpg
      File size:
      67.3 KB
      Views:
    • zf8.jpg
      zf8.jpg
      File size:
      52 KB
      Views:
    • zf9.jpg
      zf9.jpg
      File size:
      57.8 KB
      Views:
    • zf10.jpg
      zf10.jpg
      File size:
      82.2 KB
      Views:
  14. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    Damn, so much smaller. I hope the head frame size reduction does actually yield performance benefits, and isn't just a ploy by Yonex to save on material costs!

15. Steve the noob

Steve the noob Regular Member

16. nelson1990

nelson1990 Regular Member

student
    Mind to share where did you buy from? I would like to buy a JP-coded ZF2 as well. Thanks :(

17. kaisterkai

kaisterkai Regular Member

Student
    Hey Guys

Those with the ZF2 and ZF1

I'm wondering if it's worth it going for the Zf 2...

Because at the moment i have 2 ZF1, and I'm worried that... if I change to ZF 2... I would enjoy playing with it, and then when I play with a ZF 1, I would suck...

would those with the ZF2 recommend those (me) that is currently using the ZF1 to change to ZF2?

(Oh, and what are you guys doing with your ZF 1's?)

18. Steve the noob

Steve the noob Regular Member

I don't own either, though I've tried the Z-Force (1) before. Switching between two rackets that are, albeit vaguely, similar isn't going to be too much of a problem. So even if you play well with the Z-Force II, it wouldn't be a problem going back to the regular Z-Force. As for you enjoying the ZF2, that's your wallets problem :)

19. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

Sorry for the bad quality picture..... it should be more..... "red-der" than the pics. :D

20140303_083708.jpg

20. Deity

Deity Regular Member

Looks pink bahahaha. Its actually not bad :)