LCW charity exhibition match for Misbun's wife at stadium juara

Discussion in '2008 Tournaments' started by cheeyf, Nov 1, 2008.

1. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

This is late news but guess what?
    My badminton kaki, Jen, bid for LCW's tournament shirt and won it!!!Well, at first there was a tie so she had to up her bid to win it.We went up to the BAM reception and LCW then autographed the T shirt with special golden ink and Jen, LCW's No 1 fan, had a couple of photos taken with her idol.And you know what? She was so excited she couldn't sleep that night!This, coming from one who sleeps the moment her head touches the pillow!(That's the best part about travelling with Jen;she can sleep with light,sound,etc on when she wants to,so I have the freedom to watch TV and read on to sleep.)And the next day , she thought she was still dreaming and LCW's Tshirt transformed an aunty to behave like a little girl.The shirt's beautiful.It's royal yellow,with the MAS flag and the sponsors logos, Proton and Jati and LCW's golden signature. I'm so happy for her.
    The event was well attended by about 3000 fans.Fans paid RM25 each time to play with the Hashim and Sidek brothers.There was one 'pro' fan who played with all five pros ,each time with a 'costume change'.Misbun had to play lefthanded with weaker fans and Rashid was asked to keep his mouth closed during play so that idea was quite funny.There were 6 rackets and 6 shirts up for bid and naturally,LCW's drew the highest bids.
    Misbun gave an emotional speech and I hope that helped to release a lot of his bottled up tension.
    To end the event, LCW played twice.The first against an 8 year-old boy who was quite feisty even when he looked like a bookworm. Clearly cut out for badminton,he clenched his fist whenever he won the few points against LCW.LCW said he started playing badminton seriously at the age of 11,so let's hope we'll have another LCW in the pipeline.
    The highlight was LCW playing against 3 Radio Sinar FM deejays.It was quite hilarious to watch.One of them would get down on his knees and thank Allah whenever he scored a point.But it's funny to see them miss a shot even when there were 3 of them covering the court.
    The show ended around midnight,way past the 10.30pm schedule.It said a lot about LCW's starpower because most of the crowd stayed till the end and his appeal cuts across race as 99% of them were Malays.That's the great charm about sports.The best in sports is race proof.
    The one thing that annoyed me about BAM(or MAS or the Radio Sinar clowns) was their poor sense of time. To overrun an event by 50% was unacceptable because some fans had to leave and missed out on what they came the whole night for:to watch LCW in action.But credit is due to the deejays.They bantered well and provided much laughs(if you understand rapid fire Bahasa)
    The whole event helped to raise some RM 40,000.
    BTW, I must tell you about MAS taxi drivers.We expected to be fleeced and like they say,you get what you expect.We booked a taxi for our trip back to hotel in advance.We booked for 10pm and that was a mistake since the cabbie ended up waiting 2 hours.Another mistake was to book a dishonest cabbie.This one took us on a merry ride from The Curve to Stadium Juara and charged us the metered fare of RM 26.And on the return trip, we said 'take the shortest route,we'll pay the RM26' we ended up paying RM86 for the 10 min ride cos there was a charge of RM30 per hour of waiting.He said he gave us a discount by waivng off the midnight surcharge.
    One thing I must say about MAS cabbies.Between paying an agreed inflated fare and a metered fare, I'll opt for the former.I don't save money but at least I will save time because they'll take the fastest route.There are plenty of cabbies in MAS but the honest ones are few.Jen said cabbies in CHN,or in her experience, Beijing, are honest.Every day, she took 2 one-hour trips during OG08 and every CHN cabbie was honest.

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Great to hear..^^

..(is that LCW's used tournament shirt??)...but not really surprised by the news that Jen won the bid; after all, i know she's a die-hard baddy supporter (experienced her passion for the game, myself, first hand during OG)...;)

#22 ctjcad, Nov 12, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

wow, thanks for the highlights, pj!:):)
    really nice..
    btw, maybe u can call ur friend, jen to post the pic of the shirt here perhaps?:)

4. george@chongwei

so pjswift, do you have chance to play baddy with lcw?:)

5. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

How can I? Would have missed all his shots.No, LCW only played those 2 games.No one can pay to play with him.
    And the LCW shirt is brand new.

6. badylife

badylife Regular Member

may i know how much ur fren jen bid for the shirt?thx

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hehe...today we can watch in it astro...great...

8. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    What time isit?

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    here u are...hehe...ours respectfull ants(can i call u uncle???:p....or more than tat???:p)

10. ants

ants Regular Member

My god... im not that old lah. Was suppose to attend the exhibition event. But unfortunately im overseas. So just watch it on tv and see how it went. If i'm there i might outbid everyone :p hehehe.. anyway its all fun and everyone was happy and enjoyed themselves i was told.

11. george@chongwei

i actually watched this highlight already back on wednesday night i think..
    it was on astro supersport 10pm:D
    i manage to watch it..
    lcw vs a small kid..about 10 or 11 years old..
    that small kid play lots of cross net shot..;)
    but he`s been playing too serious and kan chiong la:rolleyes:
    what to do? vs world number 1 mah:p

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    and u never inform bcer???

ok...then i call u bro...hehe...

13. ants

ants Regular Member

Some more on TV... and with all the cameras.. i'm sure that boy would be nervous.

14. ants

ants Regular Member

What u mean never inform bcer?

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    he say he watch highlights in 811 mah...but he didnt told us there are...:(

16. george@chongwei

he mean why i know, i never inform here...
    actually is like that, im watching a show from astro, then suddenly i changed my channel to astro supersport, got this event..coincidently..
    then i watch till the end:p:p
    anyway, its quite funny and fun though:):D

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    see...bro ants...how bad george are...:p

18. george@chongwei

how i know?
    i coincidently swtiched my channel to astro supersport and watch till the end that time..
    no time to post here..
    is it my fault now??:rolleyes: ceh.

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    ceh...u can on ur pc at advertisment time...and post 1 post here...then off ur pc...haha...relax...i just tease u...:p

20. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Well, enough for her to just go window shopping the next day.And suddenly I had more RM cash than she and had the opportunity to play banker but maybe this bank's interest was too high so she didn't borrow money.
    Well, I'll ask her to bring the shirt to KK and maybe she can charge per view and donate more money to Misbun's wife's fund.