Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Boggieeiggob

Boggieeiggob Regular Member

I've used a repaired ns9900 but because of that it was a tad off balance (wonky shaft) and it's very fast. Almost matches the Arc FB in terms of speed and for me I find mainly the strings and technique affects how accurate shots are. If your technique is fine then extracting power won't be a problem because normally racquets only make marginal difference. I mean for me, I use a 150g training racquet so everything feels really light and fast to me anyway, and I couldn't reeeaaaallly feel the daft flexing or not anyway. So like I said, don't rely on a racquet , improve your technique and you will be able to use any racquet.
    i haven't tried the N80 yet but I hear that it's a faster and more powerful version of N50ii. I have no idea how it plays though because I've never used one ><' the other fans here should be able to help

2. WCR 999

WCR 999 Regular Member

Event Planner
    I am specifically looking for something almost as fast as NS9900 and a little more powerful. Mid stiff - stiff shaft is much prefered. Looking to purchase my first Li Ning. Any new recommendations will be much appreciated. My current first choice racket that I use is the Victor BraveSword 15. Now looking for a partner to accompany my lonely BraveSword 15. Something around the same spec with preference towards speed and not compromising too much of power at the same time. Anybody got some recommendations?

I have recently gotten an elbow injury quite possibly due to the vibrations from my BS 15 during game-play. Would like something that reduces these vibrations as well. Your feedback is hugely anticipated, Li Ning-ers!!!

3. WCR 999

WCR 999 Regular Member

Event Planner
    You're one awesome Boggie!!! :D Thanks alot, man!

4. WCR 999

WCR 999 Regular Member

Event Planner
    You're one awesome Boggie!!! :D Thanks alot, man!

5. Boggieeiggob

Hahaha, most welcome ;) oo, it's so ironic that I spend so much time looking at racquets but now my mind has gone blank XD errmmmm.... I would say N50ii is vaguely the same, and purely in terms of racquets, 50ii is a LOT more powerful. Perhaps strangely, my first LN was a HC1100A and I really like it but I felt like I should have moved on. Before I did though, I found it was a very nice equivalent Arcsaber; it's not heavy so that it's slow but it's not light so that it's lightning either. Contact felt very nice, action was smooth (but better value for money compared to Z slash) and I didn't feel any vibrations at all.
    it's hard to comment from personal experience given that everything feels almost the same now that I use a training racquet <_>' because then N90ii feels just as fast for me, which logically doesn't make sense but like I said; training racquet.
    I've fallen in love with my Kason F9 now, I use NS95 with it at 26lbs. I find that there are no problems with the racquet and if anything goes wrong it's purely down to me. In terms of the racquet though, F9 is very fast (although it will never be as fast as something like a 4U bs12 or ArcFB) and gives like, tenfold the power.
    otherwise based on specs, I'd say N80 is probably your best bet for now but what I've learnt is that the best way to know what's best for you is to try whatever you can.
    (btw, I've only recommended Li Ning and Kason stuff because you said you wanted to buy your first Li Ning ;) )

6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

N50II is not even remotely the same. Medium to soft shaft, heavy, head heavy, solid frame, as compared to the stiff, quick, balanced NS9900...
    Other than that - I agree. N80, F9 would probably be good to try, they're amongst the faster rackets of the LN lineup. Although afaik no N-series racket is really fast, at least not compared to Braveswords or even Nanospeeds...

7. Boggieeiggob

Oh sorry, I forgot to mention that I have a N50ii s-type. Not sure how this differs from a normal N50ii

8. Boggieeiggob

That's probably why I couldn't think of anything :p but what about TB Nano and the UC and HC series? They're obviously not as famous and hence not as expensive as the N series but they're not bad at all

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

No experience with them at all. I know a guy using a UC racket, and one using a TB Nano I believe, but not quite sure....all I have experience with is the N-series. Great quality throughout, but also kinda high weights.

10. KEN_KL MSIA

KEN_KL MSIA Regular Member

Agreed with you, F9 is a good choice; fast and powerful racquet :) mine is F9 Ltd.

11. Boggieeiggob

Heehee, I have f9 ltd as well ;) pre-ordered N9 though, I'm going to miss using a Kason racquet :(

12. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

I have the F9 normal and limited - somehow, I feel the Ltd is much more powerful than the normal... or maybe it's because of the stringing haha.

You can still keep the F9 Ltd... use it alternatively....

13. Boggieeiggob

Well like I'm always saying now, the racquets feel the same to me. The only piece of equipment that only really feels different for me is the strings but I use the same strings and tension. It's interesting that you feel the Ltd is more powerful because I thought ltd was basically the standard f9 with a slightly different paint job (i.e, FHF's signature)

14. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Saw the new Li Ning N90iii, N55iii, N9, N7 as well as the LD edition of N90 and N90ii on the promo booth during Singapore Open 2013 last night. They looked awesome, can see Li Ning's latest color scheme has changed a lot. No more dominant red and gold/yellow as they used to do before.

The N90iii is a very good looking racket indeed and interestingly the N9 seems to have a higher BP compared to its predecessor, F9.

#2074 quixilver, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  15. WCR 999

WCR 999 Regular Member

Event Planner
    It sucks that there are no specs and further information online for us to refer to...in regards of these much talked about new arrivals. Looking forward to this!!

16. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

17. Boggieeiggob

I'll write something of a review when I get mine. Although it will probably be redundant given that very one here lives in either Malaysia or Singapore where they can get it almost instantly and write a review :c

18. WCR 999

WCR 999 Regular Member

Event Planner
    jesus save me!! Where can i get the n9 in malaysia?? Where? Which outlet? Somebody heeeeelllp me!!

19. Boggieeiggob

Aha! Someone in Malaysia who doesn't know where to get one! That's one down >:D naw I'm joking. Seriously though, you don't know? I thought there were LOOOAAADS of badminton shops in Malaysia? O-o
    (it's do ironic because I'm ordering mine from Malaysia ^^)

20. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

According to a friend of mine who was there, it can be tough to find one which sells stuff other than Yonex, and even tougher to find one who does so at decent prices :D