Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Her name is Khaeriah Rosmini.

2. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Badminton : Women's Lineup Not Set in Stone, Coach Says

Ami Afriatni | February 20, 2012

After the women’s team secured a berth in the Uber Cup finals, national coach Christian Hadinata hinted at changes in the lineup.

The team barely squeezed into the finals after finishing fifth in the Asia zone qualifiers in Macau and by having more cumulative world ranking points than Russia, which finished fourth in European qualifying after losing 3-1 to the Netherlands on Sunday.

Now the Indonesian Badminton Association (PBSI) has less than three months to prepare the squad before the finals in Wuhan, China, from May 20-27.

Christian said on Monday that none of the shuttlers on the qualifying team was assured of a spot in the finals.

“The most important thing in a team event is strategy,” he said. “About choosing the right player for a certain opponent. We’ll see whether we’ll go to the finals with the same team or make changes.”

------------------------------------------------------------
    Read more : http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/badminton/badminton-womens-lineup-not-set-in-stone-coach-says/499312

3. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    Yes, hopefully PBSI won't do the same wrong strategy like in qualify last week.

4. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Winning both cups? 'Dream on!': Rudy Hartono

Niken Prathivi, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Tue, 02/21/2012 6:00 AM

Legendary Indonesian shuttler Rudy Hartono has said that Indonesia is “dreaming” in thinking it can win the biennial Thomas and Uber Cup this May and that there are no such thing as instant results in sport.

I’m not being pessimistic, it is the reality. It was hard [for Indonesia] to win [in the preliminaries]. Let’s not expect to win the cup titles. It will be good enough for Indonesia to reach the Uber semifinals and Thomas final,” Rudy told reporters on the sidelines of a discussion event on sport development held by the Indonesian Sports Foundation (YOI) and Telkomsel mobile operator in Jakarta on Monday.

Both the Indonesian Thomas and Uber Cup teams have secured tickets into the final rounds, which will be held in Wuhan, China, from May 20-27.

The Thomas team finished third in a recent preliminary round in Macau to qualify for the finals, while the Uber team finished fifth in the preliminaries but eventually nailed a spot in the finals through playoffs where they beat Singapore, Malaysia and Hongkong.

The team earned the spot without a match against the Netherlands on Sunday night as the individual rankings of Indonesia’s players are higher than the Dutch.

Indonesia won both the Thomas and Uber Cup in 1994 and 1996. The last time the country won the Thomas Cup was in 2002, and the country last brought home the Uber Cup in 1996. China is the Thomas Cup defending champion while South Korea holds the Uber.

“We will be fighting in the ‘tigers’ cage’ and we expect victory? We often lose [when competing] in other countries. Don’t expect too much,” said the eight times All England champion.

“So, a repeat of 1996? Dream on!”

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Further more of this news-article : http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2012/02/21/winning-both-cups-dream-rudy-hartono.html

5. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Because the National Team did not think Nurbeta was talented enough... It is their judgement call.

6. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    PBSI National Team actually asked the opinion of Jaya Raya and Djarum club management... Both clubs prefer to keep their most talented pupils in their club for 2012. So, PBSI National Team will just evaluate them again in Seleknas 2013.

7. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    Thanks, :D

but i think no need for PBSI recruit such mediocre players just to substitute Jaya raya's and Djarum's players.... :(

better focus on the current Pelatnas pairs... wasting time and money, i think :(

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

This is just my opinion. But Seleknas is quite a waste of time and has driven out many talented players out of INA. Jones Ralfy Jansen is one of them. The end result is that some players who do not even have close to a good record in Sirnas (from the other clubs) get selected if the top clubs choose to retain their best players.

9. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Flandy decided to coach a Japanese club HITACHI starting this April.....he did few months there for trial out.

10. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Ayu Wanda ( Djarum) also will join EXIST club in Jakarta..I guess she will be closer to BF and she will take some studies as well while playing for EXIST...
    FYI, Exist club is planning to have their own GOR near ANCOL, Marleve and Thomas Indrajaya are coaches thers for single and double..there is a chance that Vita may join once her olympic stint is done...

11. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer

12. fathonezic

Consultant
    vita will join as a coach ??
    wow, it's good....
    so, pelatnas will kick ayu wanda out ?? she is still in Pelatnas, right ?

13. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    hi there guys, does someone know if Nova Widianto has retired yet ? I haven't seen him for while on courts, and he's isn't partering Vita Marissa in Birmingham next week....
    A friend of mine told me he retired and may be now working as a coach, perhaps in TH's academy.

14. fathonezic

Consultant
    according to Hauge, he is retired and now become Assistant Coach in XD dept under Richard Mainaky in Pelatnas PBSI

15. miksss

miksss Regular Member

What a wonderful day for Indonesia Badminton! First, of course Towi/Butet won the AE title, after 33 years we are waiting for the AE title to back to Indonesia! :D Second, our GD won title in German Junior by beating 4 KOR GD in a row..! Superb day for INA badminto. Indonesia itu masih ada! Watchout for the juniors in few years coming to break the world :D

16. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

congrats to indonesia in winning all england mixed doubles...

17. fathonezic

Consultant
    yeahhh....

harapan itu masih ada... the hope is still there... :cool:

18. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

The current our Junior are more promising than past (exception GS, we need more extra work)

The local competition are held regularly like Sirnas helped our upcoming players grow up better and better, thanks to Djarum as sponsor of this event.

Compared to Indonesian Tennis (PELTI) who held National Circuit regularly in the past, we can see so many Asian Champion os Asian Games winner from this sport : Lita Lim, Lanny Kaligis, Atet Wiyono, Gondo Wijoyo, Yustejo Tarik, Hadiman and followed by the players who born from National Circuit : Tintus, Suharyadi, Suzanna, Yayuk Basuki, Wynne Prakusya, Angelique Widjaja etc.
    Last few years, we didn't see PELTI take attention for it, so we can see how the outcome.

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Indeed....Djarum deserves to be recognized as it attempts to revive the competitive environment of the domestic circuit starting in 2009, after it had been dormant for a long long time. I also started following Sirnas in 2010 and have witnessed talents being born in most of the disciplines, except for WS, where we have to admit we still lack the talents there as Sandy had mentioned in the previous post.

The Djarum's GD victory at German Junior is also a testament that we can produce solid GD pairs.

20. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Liliana Natsir and Tantowi Ahmad made front page headlines at Jawapos news paper today. Im happy to see that, cos so far from what ive been told and witnessedwi and witnessed, media coverage is very limited and too little considering what badminton has its the number one sport in the country that can provide victories in international event.

I hope there are some friends from the media that will read this: Thank you for making Butet and Towi on your front page today. But please put more news coverage on badminton in the future. I trust that there are so many Indonesians that wanting to see and hear about more on television, news, radio, news paper etc. I have travelled from big cities as well as country side, and I can say the passion is great, the mass is large, and the hunger is unfed as ever. In comparison, media has spent too much coverage on football/soccer. European football is like never stops, while just a few days before Butet/Towi victory at AE, our national team was beaten 0 - 10 by unknown Bahrain, and it was shown LIVE on the TV. PSSI is in a total mess, to a point where our president had to make a comment about it. WHAT A SHAME. Im sure that if Butet/Towi match was shown on TV it would much more joy to the people, so why not starts from now?? I believe there are also tons of sponsors and advertiser that are really interested in promoting their products through badminton coverage, just like they way the sponsored football/soccer. It is the media jobs to create that atmosphere, to make badminton more appealing to big companies. I believe if we can share our dreams and work towards it, Indonesian badminton in not to far distance will bring greater joy to the nation.

Thats all my appeal