Anybody seen this before?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by AZbadman, Oct 22, 2012.

1. AZbadman

AZbadman Regular Member

Sales and Marketing
    Yes, it does look like scratches from the awls or string mover......definitely a careless stringer.. :mad:

2. elle108

elle108 New Member

Student
    Hi sorry I have clicked on a random thread to ask.. how do i post my own thread / question?

3. aqua26

aqua26 Regular Member

Sports Shop Owner
    No please don't say that I surely not careless :crying:.

I used almost 1 hr. to string this racket since all my previous rackets were up to only 26Lbs.
    this one said it has max of 28lbs tension so it was my first racket with so much tension.

I did not use a awl at all & as you say hook it is not used for crosses since I was pulling each string after every weave.

I was almost shitting in my pants coz I thought string will break & I have to do it all again.

Well I used Yonex NBG-99 for this racket.

4. aqua26

aqua26 Regular Member

Sports Shop Owner
    I strung crosses with 29lbs & mains with 27 lbs. the racket said it could hold 28lbs.

5. zombie0517

zombie0517 Regular Member

Those are reasons from the user side. From the Yonex side there are type of carbon fibre used and racquet frame design.

ArcZ and Armortec series are notorious for the "Grommet sink-in" and eventual frame crack due to repeated restringing at high tension.VT and Arc 10 perform a lot better in this respect.

6. AZbadman

AZbadman Regular Member

Sales and Marketing

LOL, then doesn't seem like stress fractures. They do look like scratches though. Do you have a close up of the scratch? Use MACRO setting on the camera

7. aqua26

aqua26 Regular Member

Sports Shop Owner
    This is the best Photo I Can shoot with my camera on macro Setting.

2012-11-06 21.jpg
    The Fracture is quite deep & when i try to scratch the fracture with my finger nails paint did not come out. And Plus I would notice if I was scratching the Racket.
    If you notice that it very difficult to scratch the corner of the groove (where you can see a crack).
    I think the racket is fake (duplicate) that might be the case too Since the racket dose not have any kind of serial no on it.

8. AZbadman

AZbadman Regular Member

Sales and Marketing

I see now what happened is the these ARE caused by the awl or path finder scratching the frame. You can see who ever strung the frame before you was careless. Do you see the grommets clearly show that the the racquet was previously strung the other direction prior to you stringing it last. (the grooves in the the grommets) So who ever did it last scratched it and dug into the frame :(

9. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    I doubt that someone would waste ressources on creating fake Carlton rackets :p

10. aqua26

aqua26 Regular Member

Sports Shop Owner
    Once One of my customer got a Nanospeed 9900 T For changing the grip It was without joint & had all the graphics & looks was so amazingly Color xerox copy of original.

The movement I held the racket I got to know this is a fake & then I asked him for how much you got it for ?

He said he bought it from china for approx to 300 INR. We sell that racket at approx to 8,000 INR.
    There are many Many Duplicate rackets in the market.

Once I bought a racket from EBay The cost of the racket was 10% of the original Cost.
    SO before making the payment I asked the seller to give me the serial number of the racket so I can check it With yonex Company. Instantly he she said that it was not original but the replica of that racket.

11. aqua26

aqua26 Regular Member

Sports Shop Owner
    Wow you are really very keen observer.
    Thanks a lot for clearing my conscience, I was feeling so guilty.

12. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    Notice I said "I doubt that someone would waste ressources on creating fake Carlton rackets" :p

There are A LOT of fake rackets. In fact, copies of Yonex rackets are the second best racket sellers in the world, after Yonex.

However, if you're gonna counterfeit something, you want to do it with something that people want. Who wants to play with Carlton rackets ? There's only a few people, compared to the millions that play with Yonex products.

13. aqua26

aqua26 Regular Member

Sports Shop Owner
    Yes You are Right On The Dot.
    No one uses carlton anymore.

My grandpa use to play with Carlton in 1974 That time there was only 2 company rackets were there in the market 1 is carlton & another is Dunlop. Basic players use to play with wooden rackets.