Misbun quits as national singles coach

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by undeadshot, Jan 1, 2011.

1. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Tuesday January 4 , 2011

James tells Misbun , Chong Wei their services are still needed
    By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR : The Badminton Association of Malaysia ’ s ( BAM ) high performance director, Datuk James Selvaraj, had urged both Misbun Sidek and Lee Chong Wei not to stop serving in the national team .
    James expressed mixed feelings yesterday over coach Misbun ’s decision to quit the team and Chong Wei ’s intention to follow suit if the BAM failed to coax his mentor to stay on.
    James , who assumed the hot seat in September initially on a part- time basis , said that the timing was all wrong for Misbun .
    His brother- in- law passed away on the same day he tendered the resignation letter on Dec 31 .
    “ I was there at the burial ground. I am sorry that the timing was all wrong for Misbun , ” said James .
    “ It is a very sad period for him . I think it is not fair for anyone to make any conclusion and speculation on Misbun’ s resignation .
    “ I spoke to him and I know that a lot of things led to his resignation. He is hurt .
    “ He is a good person and a coach . But as a player he made his own mistakes before . At the BAM , we are looking into ways to strengthen our programmes.
    “ At the cemetery , Misbun told me that I could help him .
    “ I am ready to do so and we have made arrangements to meet each other . ”
    As for Chong Wei, James hoped that the world No . 1 would stay focused on his mission to win bigger honours for the country.
    Chong Wei has thrown his support behind Misbun, who broke down when he told his charge of the decision to leave after a training session on the eve of his official resignation on Dec 31 .
    Chong Wei had made it clear that he would leave the BAM set - up if it meant continuing to train under the guidance of Misbun.
    “ I hope Chong Wei will put in a lot of thought before making any decision .
    “ He risks losing a lot of benefits if he goes on his own, ” said James.
    “ Chong Wei has won many titles over the last two years .
    “ That is fantastic . But we are also here to support him in winning the major ones . “ Misbun is in his own battle and I hope Chong Wei will continue to work on his mission to become a world and Olympic champion .
    “ For now , they must understand that the country needs their services . We will let our president ( Datuk Seri Nadzmi Mohd Salleh ) get to the root of the problem . ”
    Chong Wei is currently in Taipeh for the Super Series Masters Finals. He opens his defence of the title tomorrow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

why chong wei is on misbun side?

i thought he make it public he also kena* ..lol

(*also got the pressure)

#101 pBmMalaysia, Jan 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  2. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant

********************************************************************************

*sigh* I got teary eyes reading this... his frustration got into me... *sad*

#102 eRa@에라, Jan 3, 2011
  3. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    i think if Datuklee quit BAM, R0smah will come support him...

Datuklee got R0smah personal hp no....

4. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    Courtesy from NST

Minister wants to hold court with Misbun
    NATION before self.

Sports Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Shabery Cheek said yesterday Misbun Sidek must ensure he had Malaysia ' s interest in mind , following his decision to quit as the national singles coach .
    While it is not known why Misbun decided to quit, it is believed that the decision by the BA of Malaysia ( BAM ) coaching and training committee to let Hendrawan coach Misbun ' s son , Misbun Ramdan , is one of the causes .
    " Every decision made must have the nation' s interest before self. He must explain his decision and that it was made on the nation' s interest.
    " We must put it all on the table, " Ahmad Shabery told reporters after handing over the Jalur Gemilang to the Chief Scout of Malaysia , Datuk Seri Dr Safie Mohd Salleh , at the ministry yesterday .
    He also said he was prepared to meet with Misbun although he wanted things to " calm down" before calling on the former national No 1 player .
    Ahmad Shabery said the matter had to be handled properly as the decision will affect the national squad .
    World No 1 Lee Chong Wei - - who is considering becoming a professional if the situation is not resolved - - is among those beside Hafiz Hashim , Liew Darren, Chan Kwong Beng , Chong Wei Feng and Tan Chun Seang who were put under Misbun' s care in September.
    Misbun is said to have been disappointed that his son was pushed to the back- up squad .
    Ahmad Shabery said he understood Chong Wei ' s position of wanting to stand by Misbun, who Chong Wei sees as a " brother , father , teacher and counsellor" .
    The minister added that while he was preparing for the worst case scenario , he still wanted to hear from BAM and Misbun.
    " We also need an action plan if Misbun does not budge from his decision , " he said .

5. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    pardon me, why the capital O for her name? :D

6. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    Courtesy from The Star

Tuesday January 4 , 2011
    NSC will only step in if they are asked to resolve crisis

KUALA LUMPUR : The National Sports Council ( NSC ) will not interfere unless they are asked to do so to subdue the storm in the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) caused by the resignation of coach Misbun Sidek.
    Their director general , Datuk Zolkples Embong , said yesterday that it was only right to allow the BAM the space and time to settle their “house ” matters.
    “ The BAM have informed me of Misbun ’s resignation. They are taking the right steps . We will only help to mediate if we are asked to step in, ” he said .
    “ But we are shocked and disappointed over is happening and hopefully , it will be resolved amicably . We do not want it to affect our Road to London programme . ”
    Meanwhile , Zolkples said that the NSC had slashed their budget for the BAM .
    “ We have reduced our budget for all associations , including the BAM . There was a meeting a few weeks back and there were reviews on tournaments , ” he said .
    “ All the coaches are aware of it . The athletes cannot take part in some tournaments and if they choose to compete , they have to bear the expenses. There were no objections to the matter , then. ”

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Really?? What are the benefits that he will risk losing apart from the monetary incentive of being World No 1? I personally will think that LCW will be better off playing as an independent player as he will have more flexibility in choosing his own tourneys. I will also think that the other MAS MS singles will now perhaps relish the chance to shine, after so long being under the shadows of the World No 1?

With more budget being cut from BAM and players being asked to bear the expenses in some tourneys, if LCW is to remain in the national team, does he have to pay for his own expenses too?

#107 badMania, Jan 3, 2011
  8. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    from The Star

Tuesday January 4 , 2011

Surprise as Ramdan turns up for training in Bukit Kiara

KUALA LUMPUR : If it was a surprise , no one showed it when back- up squad shuttler Misbun Ramdan Misbun turned up for training at the Juara Stadium in Bukit Kiara yesterday.
    The 18 - year- old Ramdan , the son of controversial national coach Misbun Sidek, trained under the charge of Hendrawan during the morning session . It was the first time in months that Ramdan was in training conducted by the Indonesian coach .
    Ramdan has been with his father in the elite squad even though under changes made by the Badminton Association of Malaysia ’ s ( BAM ) coaching and training committee in September required him to be with Hendrawan in the back- up squad .
    Misbun tendered his resignation as national coach via e - mail to the BAM on Dec 31.
    One of the reasons speculated for his shocking decision was linked to the coaching and training committee ’s decision on Wednesday to shoot down Misbun ’s repeatedly requests to allow his son to train with him .
    However , Ramdan ’s presence at the stadium yesterday indicated that there were certainly more to Misbun’s decision to quit the national team .

9. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    A lot of people here have been saying that if LCW does indeed go pro, it will allow the other players to step up and shine, and will give them a chance to win etc etc. Can someone please explain how actually/exactly that will happen? :)

10. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    james is right on lcw will lose the benefits turning pro, thats no doubt about it.

but over time it will be compensated.:)

even sparring partners is not an issue if there is a worst case scenario.:D

misbun knows what to do :)

on the junior will shine given lcw is out?

i certainly hope so and it really depend on them at this stage.:)

11. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    If LCW goes independent, everyone should be happy

If LCW goes independent, the rest of the MAS back up MS players should get more attention from their coaches and BAM. Also, they should get to participate in more tournaments with no more money spent on LCW.

For Malaysian BCers here who have often complained that much of their tax-paying monies are wasted when LCW couldn't win a major title, they should also be pleased.

Then, everyone should be happy. :):):)

12. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    its a wake up call for the juniors and a race for them to compete for the top position

that is, if they realized this is something like their 2nd chance :D

or

like ramdan, he just reported to training in bukit kiara to hendrawan

when there is no training with misbun:D

what does this tell us?

both have my standing ovation :)

#112 pBmMalaysia, Jan 3, 2011
  13. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    But their best national singles coach has just resigned. :(:eek:
    And how does BAM manage to give LCW "attention" at the cost of other players? The programs are set up to ensure best attention to each level. At least, thats how it is supposed to be, unless they are now looking for a scapegoat to lay the blame on.
    (And if they blame LCW, then the question arises: who gave him more attention, and why?;):D)

LCW's presence has not stopped any other players from trying to play better. They cannot use LCW as an excuse for their poor performances or insipid attitude. LCW himself has spoken out in very clear words against their attitude, just recently.

There is some other more deep-rooted issue here. :confused:

14. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

LCW will follow Misbun. With Misbun's resignation, the $$$$ for his salary they can use to employ another coach .;)

Misbun & LCw can team up & produce world beaters after LCW retires

15. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    isn't it very obvious we are all scratching the surface while misbun was trying to move the pillars all these years :D

and then the same thing will happen again and again .lol

will the centralized training be there? lol ;)

16. SibugiChai

YAB
    if lcw become pro, $$$$$$$$$$ will not be a problem...

his godfather Uncle Looi is rich & sure will support him

& not mentioning r0smah, whom lcw called everytime b4 & after a match

& ling liong sh1t son, whom lcw partnered during election time...

& now YONEX without CHINA, LCW is their most marketable product

& QUALITY Sparring partner... BAM has none anyway!

The only one gonna LOSE is BAM!

17. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    The more deep-rooted issue here is that MS and LCW still haven't won a major title

The more deep-rooted issue here is that MS and LCW still haven't won a major title.

Read our different opinions in our BCers' different threads; asking to sack MS and saying that LCW is not good enough (when MS and LCW couldn't win a major title).

BTW, I have noticed that our BCers who often complained about MS and LCW have gone quiet now. I thought they should now come out to express how delighted they are, now that MS and LCW are thinking of leaving BAM. :p:p:p

#117 chris-ccc, Jan 3, 2011
  18. eaglehelang

Zolkples: Players should be allowed to go pro

[​IMG]

Lee Chong Wei checks in at the KLIA without his coach, Misbun Sidek for his flight to Taiwan yesterday. — Picture by Osman Adnan

THE NATIONAL Sports Council (NSC) feels that BAM should allow Lee Chong Wei and other players to leave the national team and become professionals if they want to. NSC director general Datuk Zolkples Embong, who expressed surprise over national singles coach Misbun Sidek's resignation, said if the players can benefit from training independently, they should be given the green light with the condition that they play for the nation in major events.

Misbun's departure from the national team has opened the floodgates as Chong Wei and players like Tan Chun Seang, Liew Daren, Chan Kwong Beng and even Hafiz Hashim may decide to join the exodus.

Zolkples said as long as Chong Wei maintains his performance, he should represent Malaysia in major competitions like Thomas Cup and the 2012 Olympics.

"If the players like Chong Wei can benefit from training outside, why not? The association should be open and allow them to become independent players," said Zolkples.

"By turning professional, they will have to look for their own sponsors and their earning capacity will improve if they can keep performing well.

"However, they must represent the nation if selected for major events. That will be the only condition.

"They will lose most of their allowances under BAM's scheme but they can make up for it if they do well on the world stage.

"My opinion is that if the players want to leave for better opportunities but still continue serving the nation, they should be allowed to do so."

BAM served a two-year international ban on Chun Seang in 2009 for leaving the national team. The player struggled and returned to BAM after less than six months.

BAM may take the same step against Chong Wei and others for leaving the national team but this means Malaysia will be out of contention for any medals in the 2012 Olympics.

The BAM executive council, which meets today, will have to make a major decision which can shape the future of the national team.

Read more: Zolkples: Players should be allowed to go pro http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/bababsgy/Article#ixzz1A291QbEb

Wah, Datuk Z change tune from the time Gan TC, TBS, Lin WF, Ong SH wanted to quit

19. eaglehelang

No different. Cos by then LCW got his own training center, the budding players can go there, train up independent players like Zulfadli.

BAM, let them do whatever they like,the quality might not come from them, hahaha.

20. SibugiChai

YAB
    '0' is reserve for the most powerful person in msia...