ANNOUNCEMENT: Ashaway Improves its ZyMax Line!

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by DinkAlot, Apr 27, 2011.

1. kingzzz

kingzzz Regular Member

Have measured both Zymax 67 in red and yellow, comes to about .73mm. Havent strung the red one yet but the yellow at 24lb is .67mm or there abouts. Zymax 62 is right when untensioned. I would say the new strings are definitely thicker when untensioned. Just noticed that the Red zymax67 I got from MBS has only Ashaway USA markings on it but the yellow ones from Eric (RKEP) has Both Ashaway USA and Zymax 67 on it. Is this normal?

2. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

Anyone know where to get ZM65 in the US? I only want to try it out so I don't really feel like spending that much money to meet Ashaway's MOQ. Do Badminton Alley or MBS have it yet?

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    what's the MOQ for Ashaway?

4. BlueTornado

According to the rep I emailed, $100. Quite reasonable for those who restring often and/or for other people, but I don't restring frequently so it's a bit much for me.

5. redskins009

redskins009 Regular Member

Biochemist
    Just to update you guys so far...

3 weeks of play on Zymax65 (Red/Yellow), no fray or string popping yet...and its smashing like a champ

2 weeks of play on Z62 (Red), string is holding tension and very powerful still

2 weeks of play on z70 (white) holding tension pretty well and its powerful but not as much as 62 or 65

The z62 seems to be the harder smashing racket at 26lbs and the z65 isnt far behind at all.

Been testing it comparing to bg66U, and seems like the 66U is more repulsive than the 65 or 62 by a tad...not much, just a tad. Havnt play that long on the 66U so I cannot comment on the durability yet. I will update you guys more on the z62, z65, z70 and 66U moving forward.

6. limsandy

limsandy Regular Member

redskins009,

where did you buy your Z65?

7. redskins009

redskins009 Regular Member

Biochemist
    I bought mine directly from Ashaway. I called them up and then pay for it with a credit card over the phone and they ship out the shipment and less than a week i get it an so on. Pretty easy and painless process, and they were pretty nice too. Even admitted it that they revamped their z52 and z65 to answer the 66U, which is pretty honest and interesting.

And i love the strings...

8. zero_hour

zero_hour Regular Member

place an order at mybadmintonstore they reject coz they dont accept CC payment from Malaysia and Indonesia, place an order at stringworld no problem :D ald shipped out yesterday, Red zymax65 on the way :)

9. yeoldeman

yeoldeman Regular Member

NHS
    You'll enjoy it!! I've also done the Z65 for other players and they're equally complimentary of it.

You also asked me a few posts ago as to whether I do a 2 or 4 knot stringing with regard to the longevity of the Z62. I do both but usually a 4 knot pattern for Yonex players, and a 2 knot pattern for myself. I don't think it really matters which pattern is used with regard to string life. There's a lot on the forum archive about one or the other, and interestingly Kwun has also just done a video on the Haribito 2 knot system, and jshrmohanty from India has contributed the PaiZuan 2 knot pattern. I believe in KL/Msia the general practice is the 2 knot pattern, which is not a problem at all as when I get my racquets there the strings have always been well strung and play well.

All the best with your Z65!!

10. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

I wonder what a hybrid stringing pattern of Z65 + Z62 would be like. Best of both worlds maybe?

11. someone

someone Regular Member

Average of both world, I guess.

12. hop-step

hop-step Regular Member

Strung it zymax 65 friday in SGVBC2, string broke on Sunday in just one session and @ 27 lbs. I'm not sure it's a coincident or not.

13. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Dude, get it from stringersworld.co.uk

Cheap, fast, good.

14. Alapongtai

Alapongtai Regular Member

hmm thats weird...
    when i got mine it was $75 lol.
    i have a lot of zm67s though so if u wanna try that instead of zm65, lemme know.
    kinda wanna try zm65 as well haha
    does anyone know how much it is at stringers world + intl shipping?

15. BlueTornado

Hm, it says $75 on the DPL too. I'm not sure which one but basically it comes out to MOQ = one reel give or take a couple extra packs of string. Sure, I wouldn't mind trying some 67, how would that work out?

Stringers World sells Zymax at 3.84 GBP per pack or 54 GBP for a reel. That comes out to about 6.11 USD and 86 USD, respectively. Shipping is ~5-13 USD. Prices are better elsewhere for me, but thanks for the suggestion Maklike.

16. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Or the worst of both worlds - half the "durability" of Z65 with half the feel and crispness of Z62 :D.

17. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    Where are the prices better if you don't mind sharing ? :)

18. Udonming

Udonming Regular Member

Excluding VAT for international order it is 45GBP +5GBP for shipping = roughly US80. One reel is good for 23-24 rackets so go figure out how much cost to string one racket.

19. BlueTornado

Reels are 54 not 45. Naturally I did all of this figuring already so like I said I can get a better price elsewhere.

yan.v, I will PM you.

20. Udonming

Udonming Regular Member

If you play around their website without going to the checkout page you will never see the actual $ you got charged. VAT is 20%, knock it off from 54 then you get 45. I'm on my sixth order already with them, of course destination is North America.