I need HELP! Arcsaber 8DX

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by zionong, Sep 11, 2012.

1. zionong

zionong Regular Member

Hi,

As I start reading specs, Arcsaber 8DX and Nanospeed 6600 and Nanospeed 9000X are totally different. The most important thing is, after reading it, I have totally no clue on what they are trying to tell me, like stiff, medium blablabla.

I am a 8DX user now, I want to get 6600 to switch around. I have used Nanospeed 2000 & 3000 and I feel pretty like it. My friend said 6600 is very powerful, so I want to try it.

2. zionong

zionong Regular Member

And I dun like Zforce and Voltric 80, so what kind of racket I am interested in if I want to look for one? Your suggestion is highly appreciated here. Thanks!

3. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    Tell a bit about what you like about the 8DX and what you feel you are missing in it
    Should help with finding a racket that might suit you.

4. zionong

zionong Regular Member

I like it because I can smash fairly good with it. Its quite powerful. Actually I don't know how to describe the exact feeling. What I can tell is I like those light rackets as I lift up and swing around, and yet powerful.

If talk about the power, Voltric 80 and Zforce have more power I believe as everyone saying that, but I can't find the smashing feel from it.

5. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Headlight rackets are less powerful than headheavy rackets.

6. sFrog

sFrog Regular Member

... At the same swing speed. If you can generate a higher swing speed with headlight rackets they don't necessarily have to be less powerful.

If someone has a very fast swing without much momentum, a headlight racket should fit. If someone has a slower swing with good momentum, a head heavy racket should fit.

7. aznguy

aznguy Regular Member

The stiffness of the racket makes a difference for your accessibility to smashing power. When you play with a racket that is for example, too stiff for you, you won't be able to generate enough power to make the racket 'kick' at the appropriate time and therefore you'll actually lose potential speed. The most important thing in choosing a racket is to determine what is the appropriate weight and stiffness for YOU. Saying that the Z Force is more powerful is simply a generalization as yes it can be more powerful because of its head heavy frame, however, it can also cause a weaker smash if it does not fit your playing style.

8. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    this is true, i was using a muscle power with slow swing speed and i'm ok with power shots, but as soon as i switch to nanospeed9900 i had to swing twice as fast in order to generate a bit of power on my smashes. given, i don't have the best badminton mechanics.

9. bk_ngo

bk_ngo Regular Member

Senior Manager
    - ArcSaber 7 if you are looking for more use-friendly racket but have the same feel of 8DX.

- Nanospeed 9900 is also a good choice if you wanna maintain the stiffness but have a faster swing.

Do agree with this opinion, just adjust a bit with your timing

10. kaiyuan

kaiyuan Regular Member

Student
    You can just buy the Nanospeed 9900, if you don't like, you can sell it to me, Abang Ong, LOL

11. zionong

zionong Regular Member

mahai ah, lai zha chang? haha~

12. Voldemont

Voldemont Regular Member

I am an arc8dx user too. I think the main feature of this racket is the extra stiffness. I wouldn't recommend changing to an arc7 as the stiffness would totally be different and would affect the timing. I also own nanospeed 9900. While I also like it, I also felt that smashing power is significantly reduced while getting advantage back in flicks and faster defense. If you need to change to a more user friendly one try arc10. Overall it's the same racket with slight reduction in stiffness.

13. Voldemont

Voldemont Regular Member

NS 6600 would be a major change from arc8dx. I wouldn't want to do that if I were you.

14. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
    Im always inclined to head light racket even for smashing. i smash hardest with ns9900. to me, head heavy racket only ease the (smash) execution. i like my at900p when im lazy.

15. zionong

zionong Regular Member

Yeah. Thanks for all the comments. Just bought AT900P(4U) and tested it last week. It works perfectly fine for me. I have tried AT900P LTD(yellow color) last time, it was powerful but too heavy for me. I can feel the pain coming from my wrist after playing it. 4U to me, this time is just nice.

The reason I wanna try out NS 6600 is because its user friendly and I came from NS(2000&3000) actually. Changed to 8DX after trying it.

16. zionong

zionong Regular Member

NS 9900 works ok for me only. The feeling was good, but no power from the smash. Maybe I havent get used of the timing yet, I just tried 1 match thou.

17. zionong

zionong Regular Member

Btw, Zforce is another good choice too! :D But with the correct string.

18. kaiyuan

kaiyuan Regular Member

Student
    Yup, buy zforce limited boss. Then I buy from $180 LOL