Sheffield Clubs

Discussion in 'UK' started by Bivouac, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Bivouac

Bivouac Regular Member

Intermediate player looking for a club to regain fitness with and if i'm of a acceptable standard, challenge for a team spot.

I'm a 24 year old male and have a history of playing competitively during teenage years, looking to regain form lost during university and the camaraderie of club level badminton. Would prefer feathers doubles, but could adapt (or get fitter quicker :p) for singles. I have a level 1 accredited badminton coaching certificate and i'm willing to help out if you have a youth coaching filter/academy.

Hope there is a active social yet competitive club in Sheffield city centre. Im s1/s3 border postcode.

Caleb.

2. yeuemthu

yeuemthu New Member

Student
    hi bro, Did you find a club in Sheffield city center? I'm also living in Sheffield and finding a badminton club here. If you got a club already, please let me know can I join with you ? Thanks!!!!!!

3. Bivouac

Bivouac Regular Member

Hey :)

Sorry it took me so long to respond I had given up on this forum... I have been playing down at Sheffield Hallam gym in the city centre. They are called 'No Strings' sessions and anyone can come down. The level is mixed and you may get a good game or a terrible one depending on your level.

There are few options regarding clubs in the city centre they seem to be dotted around the boroughs, so if you live a little out of town there should be a club near you somewhere. I'm currently in the process of moving out to Chesterfield, near where Brunswick are based so i'm going to give them a shot.

I hope you found a place to play. But if not you are more than welcome to try join with me, or come down to 'No strings'

Caleb

4. yeuemthu

yeuemthu New Member

Student
    Hi, Thanks for your message. I know the no string session at sheffield hallam gym, and I've been before. Now, I am playing for Sheffield hallam badminton team, so I got 2 training session and one league match per week.
    Hope you have a good time at Chesterfield!

5. Clubrackets

Clubrackets New Member

Badminton Shop Owner