Glen Waverley Sat. 7:30-10:00pm Titan Badminton Club

Discussion in 'Australia / New Zealand' started by ashley, Jun 1, 2006.

1. tzanthology

tzanthology New Member

To Romain, some of us were cheering for a mate, but hey, we still love you.

To Robbo77, "Nemesis Honky" huh? ur asking for it.
    we know who u r, we know where u r. Apologise or u better watch ur back, u never know what "Nemesis Honkies" might get up to

2. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    So I was right. I guess this could be a clash of culture. Romain and myself saw applause of a player's errors to be teasing and putting them off, not clapping for your team. I applaud a player who makes a good shot to beat the opponent only, not when his opponent makes a silly mistake not caused by my player. That is not part of the spirit of the game where I come from.

Even without your group's ïntent", it did put Romain off, which unfortunately ruined his play (his fault for letting external factor impact on him in match), but nevertheless you go to the tennis where mostly non asian audience and you would see my point of view much more clearly to the point of if you try that tactic you would xbe thrown out of stadium!!

3. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    Hey mate I was talking about them playing in B grade, they are much too strong for B grade, in A grade they are very good also but are in the right grade when playing A. I have played with them many times and know their standard. I can see when they "play" with their B grade standard opponent.:D

I already discuss Romain incident and someone from Nemesis already explain why they clap which endorsed what I said.

Yes to me Honky meant coming from HK. Any racial slur I know of is when a black guy calls a white guy Honky in my dictionary, but if asian meaning is racist I will stop use it too ok:eek:

4. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    I hope u r joking, otherwise

自找麻烦

5. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    Okay you go and play, try your best and have people clap because you made a silly mistake just because they want to "support" your opponent no matter what - that is called NO SPORTSMANSHIP.

6. Chrischen

Chrischen Regular Member

Accountant

7. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    Hey Chrischen GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT, I didn't make fun of anyone's name.

#767 Robbo77, May 5, 2010
    Last edited: May 5, 2010
  8. Chrischen

Chrischen Regular Member

Accountant
    Hey Chrischen GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT, I didn't make fun of anyone's name.

Sorry Robbo77, i quote your reply by mistake.And i did get the fact right. I was talking about someone's childish behavior. However, I do think you know this guy, and you maybe (or maybe not) a good friend to him, so you can pass what i said to him. Thank you.

9. Chrischen

Chrischen Regular Member

Accountant
    Just something from Wikipedia

Sportsmanship expresses an aspiration or ethos that the activity will be enjoyed for its own sake, with proper consideration for fairness, ethics, respect, and a sense of fellowship with one's competitors. Being a "good sport" involves being a "good winner" as well as being a "good loser".[1]
    Sportsmanship typically is regarded as a component of morality in sport, composed of three related and perhaps overlapping concepts: fair play, sportsmanship, and character.[2] Fair play refers to all participants having an equitable chance to pursue victory[3] and acting toward others in an honest, straightforward, and a firm and dignified manner even when others do not play fairly. It includes respect for others including team members, opponents, and officials.[4] Character refers to dispositions, values and habits that determine the way that person normally responds to desires, fears, challenges, opportunities, failures and successes and is typically seen in polite behaviors toward others such as helping an opponent up or shaking hands after a match. An individual is believed to have a “good character” when those dispositions and habits reflect core ethical values.
    Sportsmanship can be conceptualized as an enduring and relatively stable characteristic or disposition such that individuals differ in the way they are generally expected to behave in sport situations. In general, sportsmanship refers to virtues such as fairness, self-control, courage and persistence[2] and has been associated with interpersonal concepts of treating others and being treated fairly, maintaining self-control in dealing with others, and respect for both authority and opponents.
    A competitor who exhibits poor sportsmanship after losing a game or contest is often called a "sore loser" (those who show poor sportsmanship after winning are typically called "bad winners"). Behavior includes blaming others, not taking responsibility for personal actions, reacting immaturely or improperly, making excuses for their loss, referring to unfavorable conditions or other petty issues

10. romainb

romainb New Member

Hello ! I'm Romain. I was just called a few minutes ago by a friend that made me aware of the ongoing discussion on my case and what happened last Sunday. I would like to clarify a few points so as to put an end to what according to me does not deserve to be here.

First and foremost, I want to say that what happened last Sunday is now part of the past for me. I see no reason to talk further about that, and especially no reason for those who want to kick the Nemesis Club out. Chris and other members of Nemesis talked to me right after the game and the situation is solved.

I don't know whether these clappings were offensive or not. I don't think we need to comment further on that point. I know more or less those who did this clapping, i sometimes play with them and i don't think they meant to be offensive to me. My bad reaction is my responsibilityl. I certainly should have controlled my temper, something that has turned out not to be very unsuccessful in all those years of badminton practice.

I personally found the clapping stupid, but as far as i know, i was not insulted nor "booed" as someone says. This is a good point. These people certainly clapped to support Yu-Jen. As far as i know, Yu-Jen (single winner), Oscar and Yu Tao were real gentlemen on the court.
    3 days after, i find myself to have overreacted on the court that day.

Furthermore, I don't see the point in blaming the whole Nemesis club for what might have been done by a few individuals. I want to make clear that i know some of the Nemesis club quite well, some are my friends. I was invited a few times and nicely welcomed by them to play some social games. So, on no account there has ever been an issue with them.

That's all i can say for now. I would greatly appreciate if everyone could stop commenting on that. What happened happened, i'm still alive and in good shape and there is no reason to go further trying to explain whether it was offensive, supportive or whatever.

Final comment : to those who complain about the trophy hunters, stop complaining, train more and move your back to get better.

Best regards
    Romain

11. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

WTF!! What has all these got to do with Titan Badminton Club. Any who the hell are you guys???

If any of the Mods reading this, if it's not too inconvenient, can one of you Mod delete post #748 onwards to this one. Thanks.

12. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    HAHAHAHAHA! Vien and I have brought the good Titan name into disrepute again :rolleyes:

13. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    Well this is the famous man himself! You are actually a good guy, even whipped my butt on court with some dignity:D

Well said... WE AGREE that you and your Nemesis opponents ON COURT were gentlemen. A SMALL section of the Nemesis crowd were not well behaved, but they have responsibility to keep their supporters in check or give the whole club a bad reputation as per what has just happened on Badminton Central.

14. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    ummm newsflash, if the source of the quote is wrong, then the fact is wrong, as the fact is not a fact but an opinion/expression from the source which wasn't named correctly hehe:p

Whilst we are at it, I can also copy and paste from the internet, here is a good one you will like. Now I am going to bed, Vien once you return from your day's suspension from BC by some dobber, sooky pants we all know who, you can continue the tag team, as I have the fish well and truly hooked :D

This is some common sense spectator etiquette I found on table tennis, which can apply to all racket sports:
    Do's and Don'ts of Table Tennis Spectating

Do: Feel free to applaud any good shots the players make, or any great rallies that occur. The players will appreciate your encouragement. Make sure you clap for good shots by both players though!
    Don't: Applaud fault serves or easy mistakes made by the player you do not want to win. It shows a lack of class and respect to that player.

15. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    We should just settle this matter with a friendly competition match between Titans and Nemesis. I am sure the guys and girls and Nemesis are nice people, just like us at Titans. We just don't know them well. What better way to get to know one another than to smash a few shuttles at one another. If anyone at Nemesis is man enough to accept this challenge let us know.

16. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    Yeeehaaaa:p:p:p The Titan Chief has spoken!! That is the war cry fellow Titans, grab our weapons of minor destruction and charge the Nemesis ranks (however I think they are mostly D graders:crying:, a mute point that Vien and I can lower ourselves too) for Victory & Honour:cool: or Death.... or at least sore legs and Ashely's hanging by the tallest net pole:eek:

THis is the most entertaining badminton forum I have read in ages!!!!!!!!! Rats now my wife FORCES me to go to sleep:mad:

17. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    When Vien is allowed back to BC I am sure the entertainment level will go up a few notches.

Surely they can't be D graders, with a name like Nemesis I am sure they will prove worthy opponents to the mighty Titans :D. That being said I haven't met many Hongkies that are really strong badminton players in Melbourne. Maybe they can prove me wrong.

18. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Yes I'm back :D ... cant believe my BC account got ban just cause i mention a good anagram from the guy BC username :confused: .. whilst others are getting away with typing death threats to Anthony :eek: .......... and yes Ashley there's plenty of catching up reading and posting for me to do now :rolleyes:

Dont worry Anthony if Nemesis brutely murders you to death, I will take it upond myself to train your daughter up in the deadly art of Fend Shui.. so that one day she'll avenge you ... hollywood style .. plenty kickass action, explosion galore .. and cheesy oneliners .. like "This ones for daddy!!!" :p

19. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Ironic that a club calling itself Nemesis doesnt want to make enemy .. thought that would be your moto :)

..and yes Fu Hin i actually do remember you .. you remind me of Andrew, the ex Melbourne uni president .. just the way you talk and even sound .. very mature but have a baby face .. where as Anthony and I have mature faces .. but are accuse of being babies :p

20. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Put a sock in it, Dr Phil :p ... you're such a nice guy it makes me want to punch you below the belt and continue to kick you while you're down on the ground :D