Show us your badminton shoes!

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Sgbad, Mar 28, 2008.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Currently, the Victor SH910 orange, and have a fresh pair of SH8500 purple in reserve (haven't tested them in training but they seem to have better support than the 910). Before that, the 9000ACE, which is very rigid around the heel, but also a bit hard on the body as the sole is incredibly flat. Forefoot has pretty much no dampening whatsoever, heel has a bit (it's pretty damn good if you consider just how flat it is, but still hard compared to many others).

Yonex, I wore the SHB92 (good, if not very durable), SHB86 (horrible and tore pretty quickly), SHB-F1M (similar to the 92, but lighter and a slightly softer upper shoe).

2. KulimKia

KulimKia Regular Member

Engineer
    Barca,

how much you paid for this pair and where did you get them from?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

3. yingchai

yingchai Regular Member

consultant
    when we buy shoes at etakoh pertama complex, is the price fix or can we nego the price? where is the place which offers the most affordable price for ascis shoes in KL?

4. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    How is the shoes? Is it comfortable? What about durability wise?

5. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Well, the fit was comfortable and changing between two pairs they've held up for about 5 months, but then I had to change to a more cushioned model because of injury. My usual life expectancy for any badminton shoe is 3 months, so they were around or slightly above average in that regard (clear signs of use, but no holes yet).

6. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    Do u play often?

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Until my achilles tendon issues, 4-5 times a week, roughly 11-13 hours.

8. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    Wow...then they worn out quite fast based on ur rate of play...but if compared to Asics, asics is more durable right?

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Lol. There aren't too many ppl here that play more than me, and I don't think that was fast....Asics aren't more durable either. At least not the Gel Blade 3. Those are pretty close to death, and I wore them for less than 3 months. The 9000ACE green are still holding up, I just can't wear them anymore.

Just for comparison, I've seen a video of a Yonex-sponsored player who mentions he went through 12 pairs of the 65FT/86 in a year, so actually I'm not too bad, considering he can at the very most train 30 hours a week (which is less than 3 times my old average, while he used exactly 3 times as many shoes).

10. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    Hmm...seems like this shoes is quite reliable then...thanks for the tips and advice :)

11. yingchai

yingchai Regular Member

consultant
    Hi j4ckie,

What is the brand/model of the green shoes that you're wearing now?

12. Barca

Barca Regular Member

I got it for RM270 from Asics Store, Pavilion KL. RRP is around RM380. There is a 30% discount for this colorway.

13. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I'm not wearing them now. The green shoes are the Victor SH9000ACE-G (G for green), the shoes I'm wearing now are the Victor SH910 orange.

14. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

May I ask you if you can compare SH910 with SH8500?

15. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Sorry, can't do that yet as I haven't worn the 8500 in training so far. Only tested briefly if the size was good. From the 2 minutes I had them on, they felt a tad flatter but more supportive and stable than the 910.

16. yingchai

yingchai Regular Member

consultant
    The SH8500 is quite an old model (i guess released on 2011). How much does it sells in KL?

17. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

I had the SH8500. It's an old model but still used by many professional korean player.
    I think they've noticed that SH8500 is popular, so they released it in some few color variations more. But I still prefer the original look :)
    But the 910 model also looks interesting.

18. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

As there's no real succeeding model, 8500 is still very popular. 910 has some differences, like the sole (a bit more narrow) or parts of the upper shoe (different heel stabilization - not bracetek, and generally a bit softer).
    If you'll excuse the comparison with Yonex here - the 8500 is basically the SHB9X series (with the addition of those lateral claws), the 9000ACE a flatter version of the 10X series and the 910 somewhat like the 8X series (only with better cushioning).
    Difference in that comparison - Victor shoes are generally more stable. The 8500 has (probably) stability comparable to the 10X series, while I haven't seen a Yonex shoe that's quite as rigid around the heel as the 9000 (or as flat, although the old SHB85 were close on the front sole).
    The 910 is much like the SHB92, actually.

Keep in mind that that's neither good nor bad. It depends on the individual how supportive the shoe needs to or rather can be. For me, the 9000 is too much - my foot and low calf muscles actually need a shoe that's not as rigid so they're forced to do some work as well. A better-cushioned sole is also important. For others, it's the perfect shoe and they don't get any problems...

19. badmin_canada

badmin_canada Regular Member

Student
    Where did you buy your Li Ning shoes from? Is there a website name?

20. captaincook

captaincook Regular Member

captain
    I am looking to get a new pair of shoe. I am using YY shb101 ltd with spenco total support insole.

I find that the shoe does not give me enough "cushion" (shock dempening). It is especially painful on my non-racket foot (both ball and heel) when I landed from overhead smashes. Opponent frequently lift/or partial lifts to my backhand corner (playing double). To maintain the attack, I smash it down (almost all the time) as a drop is what the opponents are looking for.

Do you guys have heel pain after games ? What brand shoe would do better? Which model of YY is more forgiving ?