Wang Lin ( 王琳 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

CBA is very people-oriented and treats all their staff very well, esp the players with the best medical care. Wang Lin was sent to Germany for treatment in a sport therapy hospital, one of the very best in the world, and it was she herself who wanted to give it another go to undergo training at the national centre in the hope of making another comeback but now realised it's beyond her. The training regimen is pretty tough but it's necessary for world class players who aspire to be champions.

As we know, CBA has been giving her lots of chances and been very patient with her, and this is as it should be; the final decision was hers to make to call it quits. If I may mention in passing, discipline isn't just about obeying rules and instructions but more importantly it encompasses self-discipline which is highly stressed since the old days of coaches , Grand Masters Tang Xianhu and Hou Jiachang. Unfortunately, her problem or stumbling block is one of fitness due to repeated injuries,not once but thrice, certainly not for lack of self-discipline and motivation. Indeed,sports injuries are the unavoidable bane of any athlete's life, that's the sad reality.

It remains for us now to wish her the very best in all her future endeavours. At her age of just 24 and with her good looks, she should have more opportunities offered to her, I hope. She has said before she wanted to go back to school for her academic studies and learning English is definitely one of them. Who knows,one day,we might be reading her posts here.:)

2. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    My only hope is that WYH and LXR do not push themselves too hard and aggravate their knees problems.

3. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    WYH has some injury problems, I think.

4. XoXoXo

XoXoXo Regular Member

Sad :( such a pity. Wang Lin is one of the most talented player.

I wish
    the nice pretty lady.. all the best to her future journey.

5. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

wang lin, wang lin and more wang lin.

171104srry6gg02ll2nbrl.jpg

171811nj4r3zaj46r4h8m6.jpg

174431q38ebp34wa111i4k.jpg

180703yzi9v4da9ag9kzd9.jpg

181338riuc3kzksnknrmqk.jpg

182631mh9rjahp640hhf35.jpg

222652hw88hmv1z84zzhm8.jpg

6. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Top right of 2nd photo is WSX.

7. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  8. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Thanks for the link, pcll99. For the friends who can't read chinese, Wang Lin says that she did not retire. She went back to her provencial team because the training rythm there is better suited to her rehabilitaion. The national team training rythm is too high for someone not yet cured from injury.

9. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

some new images of her in training

11443d0b186bcade48e8.jpg

f378ba8750fc9f4271d0.jpg

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Specifically, Wang Lin did not say she is retiring but the fact that she pull herself out of the national team of her own accord doesn't seem to bode well for her career even if she's biding her time to rise to the top again in future. In Chinese badminton history, I can't think of any precedent of a national player withdrawing from the national squad and later making a strong comeback, injury layoff is a different thing.

Take Wang Xin's case. After about a year's rehabilitation during which she still remains in the national team, she is now getting ready to resume competition in the upcoming National Games and may likely rejoin the international circuit soon after if all goes well for her.

Honestly, I long to see Wang Lin make another comeback,her third, if possible as she is still relatively young and talented to boot, her three successive, severe knee injuries notwithstanding.

11. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

At the china open this week;

003348vbfsc9dfdq7bjjiy.jpg

003350ytgs06s8zg8f0wwe.jpg

003352g7qq44u7uf49p1g3.jpg

12. madbad

madbad Regular Member

As gorgeous as ever. Should have a career in PR

13. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

#1393 AlanY, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  14. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Yes, sad indeed.

Alan, did it mention in which direction her future career is headed?

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    sad news for me too:crying:

16. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

Not much info atm.

New start, new challenges... That's all about it.

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Such a pity indeed. Wang Lin was once on course to lead the CHN WS according to Li Yonbo,and she was on a high with victory at the 2010 world championships at Paris before the fateful severe knee injury struck her during a match at the CHN Masters 2010 with Maria Febe Kusumastuti; thereafter she was plagued by two more successive knee injuries that finally now ended her promising career.

With her talent and looks,many were certain she would make it big in the badminton world but,alas, it was not meant to be. She will be sorely missed. We wish her all the very best in her future endeavours.

This is what she wrote on her tengxun weibo(microblog) today(4th Dec'13):" After today it is really time to say goodbye....Grateful to those coaches who accompanied me along the way, grateful to my teammates who once fought alongside me, this period of precious memory is for a lifetime. Tomorrow, everything starts afresh, new challenges await, an all-new mode (of life) is about to begin, will use my knowledge and pair of hands to strive for it. JiaYou then! Wang Lin! Also blessings to everybody, tomorrow will be better."

http://sports.qq.com/a/20131204/010475.htm - Badminton world champion Wang Lin retires, tormented by injury ordeal, opts for new life

Wang Lin said her greatest regret in her career is not being able to take part in the Olympics, "as an athlete,I certainly wish to participate in the Olympics, but reality is such, although regrettable, still have to look forward."

Referring to life after retirement, Wang Lin once expressed:"Whether to take up coaching, go to school, I've thought about it; I'd first listen to friends' opinions and the suggestions of my parents, they will give me advice but,ultimately, it depends on my decision."

18. ravindrajnu

ravindrajnu New Member

Student/Part-time teacher
    I just registered on this site just to admit how sad i am on hearing this...:crying:
    this is really the news we were all afraid of...
    i hope whatever she chooses to do now, she will excel in that field as well...all the best to her.
    will always be a true fan of hers.. :)
    And a big Thanks to all the guys who kept us informed about her career, her progress and her achievements ..:)

19. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Not necessarily.... maybe you can convince her to move to your hometown and take up coaching there. :rolleyes:

20. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Perhaps, private lessons...I mean on badminton;):D