Zakry and Fairuzizuan decide to become independent players

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by jug8man, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Bugsy

Bugsy Regular Member

Koo/Tan may not that consistent lately, but I do not think that Fuzzy pair can overtake them, probably one of the junior pairs can replace them as No.2 MD

2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Holiday in my idol, Wang Yi Han's country. Saw many LD's Red Bull advertisements. Now I am back home.

3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Now RAZIF Sidek will be coaching them on the sideline. Too bad BAM don't want to take the offer when he offered his services for FREE!. Hope BAM will bite the dust when Fuzzy beat their own BAM players.

4. victory

victory Regular Member

Many interest and politic involve in BAM( to be fair,not just BAM, in a lot of administrations). What is free may not be perceived as free. What is free in short term may have string attached and certain party may have to give back in future. ( in the form of position, job, in exchange of certain convenience....... you never know)

Perhaps you don't want to see it as black and white. Just my 2 cents. I could be wrong.

5. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Sidek's ? Wakakakaka.....

6. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The Star Online > Sports
    Monday September 5, 2011
    Zakry-Fairuzizuan secure package to boost Olympic hopes
    By RAJES PAUL
    KUALA LUMPUR: Doubles shuttlers Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif-Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari secured two great deals yesterday to boost their chances of qualifying for next year’s London Olympic Games as independent players.
    Firstly, Zakry-Fairuzizuan announced their decision to join professional club KLRC. Then, the duo confirmed that former doubles maestro Razif Sidek would be their personal coach.

The experienced duo left the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) set-up after the World Championships recently. It enabled Zakry and Fairuzizuan to be reunited as a pair following national chief coach Rexy Mainaky’s decision to make them play with Hoon Thien How and Ong Soon Hock respectively a year ago.
    Fairuzizuan said that they “chose KLRC as it offered us the best package”.
    “We have joined KLRC to continue our journey as players with the ultimate aim of qualifying for next year’s Olympic Games. The deal will see us competing in many international tournaments with the cost fully funded by KLRC,” said Fairuzizuan.
    The duo will compete in nine tournaments in the next three months, starting with the Indonesia Grand Prix Gold in Kalimantan from Sept 27-Oct 2. This will be followed by four Opens in France, Denmark, Hong Kong and China and four Grand Prix Gold events in Germany, Macau, South Korea and India.
    “Our decision to join KLRC is not to show that we are against BAM. In fact, we only met all the respective parties after getting the green light from the national body to leave the team,” said Fairuzizuan.
    Zakry believes that Razif’s presence would also help strengthen their bid to feature in the Olympic Games for the first time.
    “We want to qualify this time after missing out on the last Olympic Games. We are thrilled that Razif has agreed to help us. It’s good to have someone of his calibre to guide and coach us. He has not asked for any money ... all he wants is our commitment to give our best in training,” said Zakry, who won the back-to-back Indonesia and Singapore Opens with Fairuzizuan in 2007.
    “We may be independent players but our commitment has not changed. In fact, we are more motivated to prove ourselves.”
    Razif said he was looking forward to coaching again after leaving the national team in 1997 – the same year that Cheah Soon Kit-Yap Kim Hock won a silver medal at the World Championships.
    “My passion for the game has brought me back to coaching. They (Zakry and Fairuzizuan) met me and I have agreed to coach them. I want to help them realise their dreams,” said Razif, who trains his seven-year-old son Mohd Fazriq at the New Vision Badminton Academy in Petaling Jaya daily.
    “All I have asked from them is their commitment to training. They have to start from scratch ... but I have confidence in them.”
    Asked why he did not offer his services to the BAM, Razif said: “I had approached them several times but they did not show any interest.
    “Now, I have a pair who is willing to learn and I am ready to help them.”

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2011/9/5/sports/9426883.asp&sec=sports

#86 eaglehelang, Sep 4, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  7. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Datuk Andrew Kam so generous...

8. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    but KLRC Website, seems like light years no update...

9. eaglehelang

The Star Online > Sports
    Monday September 5, 2011
    Bigger and stronger KLRC stay true to their objective
    KUALA LUMPUR: It has been six years since KLRC’s humble beginnings as a professional badminton club.
    They may have grown stronger and bigger by the year, but their objective – giving shuttlers a second chance – has not changed.
    And this was evident with their latest recruitment of former internationals Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif and Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari.
    With the duo’s inclusion, KLRC now have 16 professional players – both local and international – in their fold.
    They are also placing more focus on their junior programme.
    KLRC owner Datuk Seri Andrew Kam said they would continue to offer a new lease of life to those hoping for a second chance.
    “We started modestly in 2005 as a small outfit ... but now we are where we are because we continue to give opportunities to players. Sometimes, a player goes through a slump and struggles for a while.
    “All he or she needs is a second chance to get it right,” said Andrew.
    “Here, at KLRC, we give them that opportunity to rebound and excel. We are happy that Zakry and Fairuzizuan have joined us on their own accord.
    “We will do our part to help them realise their dreams of qualifying for the Olympic Games.
    “We have no intention of competing with BAM (Badminton Association of Malaysia).
    “This has not changed over the years and we will continue to complement the national body’s efforts as far as the development of the game is concerned.”
    Asked if KLRC would hire Razif Sidek as one of their coaches, Andrew said: “I hear that Zakry and Fairuzizuan want Razif to be their coach.
    “I am open to discussion with Razif. It is important to give what the players want – especially if they are comfortable with the coach.”
    Razif has decided to coach Zakry-Fairuzizuan on his own accord, for now.
    Should he be roped into KLRC, he will then be able to guide Gan Teik Chai-Tan Bin Shen as well.

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2011/9/5/sports/9427164.asp&sec=sports

I dont think Datuk Andrew knows how to update website, gold mining he knows lah

10. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Didn't you know gold prices shoot up so high ? :D

11. eaglehelang

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Wow, they choose li ning?? Not li ning choose them?:D So they will have all the equipment just like what lin dan and fu/cai has.. Hope they can achieve more success in the future...

13. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    hmmm.... another KLRC sponsor players with Li Ning after Hashim ...

14. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    i prefer zakry to partner fuzzy... i think both of them got the more attacking flair and variation of strokes... it's just during TC10. both of them were not at their best form... really hope they can qualify for OG12... at least less burden for KKK/TBH to get gold medal....

15. victory

victory Regular Member

Li Ning is a big brand in China but in Malaysia they are relatively new. Li Ning has to challenge big brand such as Yonex over here so I am not surprise Li Ning 's terms can be more generous.

16. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Fuzzy qualified in Denmark.. The MAS MD qualifiers did well overall..

17. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Correct me if I am wrong....I was in Pertama Complex in KL last year and LD racket selling for RM900 before discount. LN rackets ain't that affordable for the mass market unless something changes since then. Even LCW YY racket sells for RM750 before discount at that time.

18. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

yeah, all except Goh/Lim....

19. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    OTB going abit OT here i Think :)

Top YY adn top LN seems usually priced around similar. All YY/LN top-of-the-line rackets are overprized, in terms of QC i would say YY is more overprized.. But this isn't really unique for badminton.. iPhones are overpriced, BMWs are overpriced, Breitlings are overpriced, Ferraris are overpriced etc. etc. The only difference really is that even the most exclusive pro badmintonrackets are still "affordable" even the most overprized ones.. I would rather buy an N70-II for 950 than a Z-slash for 300.. It all comes down to what you want and how much money one has burning in the pocket :)

#100 twobeer, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011