ES5Pro sale

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by silentheart, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    What the :eek::rolleyes::D:p?!?

No, the Stickman will use up all your bandwidth :p;)

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Too cold in the winter.

3. silentheart

With 6 TB of collection, you don't need bandwidth...
    You will be dead before you finish all the string movies...;)

4. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Shiiiiii, not so loud, Master Distanc3 :D:p:eek::(.

5. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Do you mean pumped dry? :D Anyway, it would be interesting to do StringFest 101 - Chicago and put it on YouTube.

6. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

SH, just buy the bloody thing already:D. Of all the machines I have tried, the ES5 is definitely the "Rolls Royce" - built like a tank yet silky smooth and so precise. With the badminton conversion in place the mounting system simply cannot be beaten.

Once you get it, make sure you post 100 pictures just to rub it in our faces. Heh, at least it's not a Protech (which would have made me really angry:D).

7. silentheart

Dear Mark,

Thanks for the advice...

8. Kiloo

Kiloo Regular Member

Engineer
    Personally, I would NOT go for a second hand machine of this caliber. Unless U are sure to know the correct history of course. After reading many of yr posts/threads, u seem to be a pro. As such, treat yourself to a new machine if u want to upgrade. I don't mean to offend anyone here, mind u. Just my feel.

9. MetalOrange

MetalOrange Regular Member

Kiloo,

E-X-A-C-T-L-Y!

Man, you are direct! I just hit around the bush...but you've said it! As my inference was, SH is pretty loaded he is just being prudent and wise with his dough.

MetalOrange

P.S. Unless it is at basement-bargain price but it isn't. Again, please don't take offense SH. We are all family at BadmintonCentral.

10. silentheart

Dear Metal Orange,
    1) thank you for your directness and constructive advice is well taken.
    2) I do not have too much money to spend. That is why I am debating for the Es5Protech (yes it has bee verified that it is Protech)
    3) Yes, I know exactly where the machine has been and how it has been used. I am pretty sure it has less than 100 racquets strung on it and has full 1 year warranty from the Evil Empire. (yes it is good to be a double agent.)
    4) I just want to use the certified Lexus as example. If the deal is a certified loaded Lexus GS for $35,000 USD with less than 5,000 mile on it with all the warranty from Lexus, will you buy it?

My struggle has been, do I really need it? I am fine at home with a portable. If I need to use the big boy, I need to drive 40 min to pro-shop to use it. Another reason for me to get it is my friends get the benefit of having all their racquet strung with it. Well, how will it effect my charity business? should I charge $2 more per string job for it so Peter the Greatest can stay in the badroom with the ES5Pro and mount his racquet all night long? (Pete's answer, yes! and extra stiff please...) The last struggle is I know Evil Empire will have another one like this for sale about the same price next year. Should I wait? Jiminy Cricket keep telling me to wait. Little Pete on the left side keep yelling get it because it just feel so good...

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    will the next one for sale in same shape/condition as the current one?

12. silentheart

Just about. It might be in box packed like a new.

13. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Somebody up there is taunting me:D:D:D. Still, I suppose you could get something new for significantly less money (SP Opus, Star 5, even a Sensor), so perhaps my previous post was a bit... vicarious:eek:.

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

well, since the sky is still falling, i suggest u have room to wait.
    Take the funds and put it into AUS$, euro or CAN$. By next year, u can buy this same machine cheaper becoz the USD would likely depreciated some more by then.

15. MetalOrange

MetalOrange Regular Member

silentheart,

1. i failed to be direct, kiloo did that, but i'll take it anyways.
    2. it only means you have thought about it long and hard and isn't rushing to beat the odds.
    3. just like kiloo said, go for bling-bling new, since you said you are fine with portable either way. and you can charge your mates the same. you understand once the warranty is over, yonex charges like a high price h*****, and they have such good service, they'll physically take your kit away for repairs (prolly to jp and back in some cases; which is not unheard of). so what will you use for the time being, say if you've already sold your backup portable?
    4. let's just say lexus ls 460 w 5k on the odo w/ all the warranty...i still won't--honest (bearing in mind that some guys races their bling-new bimmers to the ground and the odo reads 3k in less than a month; the same applies w/ their ls gs series--one can be sure not to equate odo readings w/ engine use/abuse). i am not loaded but i like firsthand for luxury items and the yonex machine is a luxury item per se.

i sure think the evil empire naturally will come up w something better just like lexus did w it's flasgship ls 400 to 430 to 460 etcetera.

jiminy cricket and pete the magnificent...aw, they'll understand that you're the man making the big decisions!

got an idea, start charging 2 bucks more already for that upcoming-yonex-machine FUND and let em know! sounds like pork barrel huh? ha ha ha.

Kind regards,
    MetalOrange

16. silentheart

Dear Master Cooler,
    Next year, the price is going up (whisper from you know who) for ES5ProTech because the USD drop about 8% since beginning of this year. (Thanks to Little Timmy) Man, the price for gold looks good when it was $1,000 a month ago. So I might just dump everything in gold. That gives the bling MetalOrange love so much.

For MetalOrange and Kiloo,
    1) Thank you both for advice.
    2) Yes, my body part did.:D
    3) I know where the machine been. (I opened the box when it shipped to pro-shop and I assembled it too.) Trust me, with avg 5 racquet per week and 6 month so far, it is about 120 racquets it drove.
    4) I would say car example is wrong for both of us. Sorry.

I have to keep my portable one because I do take it on the road sometime. About the $2 extra. Tried it, no comment.

I think I got a good balance of suggestions now. I wish Mr. Twobeer can give me his view too. Let me sleep over the weekend and I will post my final answer.

Thanks

SH

17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

darn, the evil empire is not dumb. I thot they would sell it at the same price next year.

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Just throwing in my 1.75 cents..

..i'm not a stringer but i'd like to chime in with these additional questions:
    - How crucial is it to own this machine **right now**?
    - How often do you need to drive 40 min. to pro-shop to use it?
    - If knowing the EP will have another one like this for sale abt the same price next yr, are you willing to wait & be super patient, while you save up some $$$ to cover the cost?
    - What is the chance the same machine will still be available and will still go through the same amt of stringing job til next yr?
    ..i commend that approach. no rush.:cool:

19. Kiloo

Kiloo Regular Member

Engineer
    :D:D:D All this is so :cool::cool::cool:. I rem when I was fishing out to buy mine. And from here everything has to be imported and from FAR. :crying::crying::crying:

SilentHeart, all the best in any decision u make.:):):)

20. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

I might be able to get you brand new ES5 Pro for that price.