New Yonex apparels for LCW, Taufik, P. Gade

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by aramistuscany, Sep 13, 2009.

1. wannaliquorbox

wannaliquorbox Regular Member

the chinese text reads: 'One sleeve only, choice of left or right.'

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    custom fit and service huh? u tell the retailer which one is your racket arm and he'll cut the sleeve off on the spot for you:) No return please, hehe

#22 cooler, Sep 23, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  3. Xuser

Xuser Regular Member

Computer Network Analyst
    Geezzzz

Oh my god...what ugly colors! I hope the top players don't wear these on TV..please!

4. aramistuscany

aramistuscany Regular Member

They are already wearing them in the Japan Open SS now. See the links in post #16. They are actually wearing with the original emblems on them. I thought this was going to be personalise by the individual players.

5. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    I wonder, who help the players to trim their underarm hair... as sleeveless shirt will expose those areas

6. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Really creative for Yonex to create a 1 arm yonex sleeveless shirt.. its going to give Li ning a good run .. is it going to match Li ning Team wear of sing $150?:D

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..i missed szekt's post on the previous page...thank you both for translating that caption for those of us who don't understand chinese..:cool:
    ..actually what they'll do is: if you're left handed, they'll cut off the sleeve from the left side, trim it nicely and then sew the cut-off sleeve onto the right side. Voila!:cool:

8. Dollseye

Dollseye Regular Member

Medical student
    I think the black one is the best, how come it is not picked, yet the blue one is already picked??

I think the asimetrical sleeve is plain weird...they should made it symetrical with sleeve length shorter than the usual jersey (kind of a mix of both sleeves in this new Yonex getup)..shows muscles but leave the hairy armpit in imagination, lol....at least they won't have to shave everytime they want to play in public (what happen if they forget??)

Anyway, the best costume award should definitely go to..
    Nicole Grethier and the amazing Summer TankTop slash Badminton jersey Nothing says I'm a badminton player more than that jersey..lol, no offense to Nicole, but doesn't her outfit makes you want to comment,even just a little bit??

[​IMG]

9. shihman

shihman Regular Member

all i can say is that i can tell she is very excited about her win. ;)

despite what you want to say about her top, one thing always bothered me is why does most of the Asian female players dress like a man. why can't they dress more like the European female players and even their hair dos. not that i am a fashion police but just look at the female tennis players. base on the physical differences and the game itself, women display more a finesse game along with grace. now only if they can dress apart from men and carry that all the way thru with their attires and appearance.

10. Dollseye

Dollseye Regular Member

Medical student
    lol..well, she was eventually outdone by Eriko Hirose, maybe fatigue had a little play there, because she had to play 3 sets against Firdasari..I do like her as a player though, she was all smiley and seems to enjoy the sport a lot...unlike some other well known players..

I agree with your say on the asian female player's outfit...only the japanese female team has good style..the others are, yeah, well, loose fitting shirts that dates 20 years back...it's comfortable, sure, but not good for the eye...they should produce a jersey that mix fashion and purpose better...maybe with this yonex male line, a female line will be release as well??

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    who sponsored her attire or is it home made?:D

12. shihman

shihman Regular Member

not to sound like a sexist or a chauvinist, but in reality *** sells. not only when female badminton players start dressing more sexy and being more feminine, i believe that will help to popularize this sport and to be acknowledged among both men and women more.

13. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    IMO,i love the models..they look unique.It's just that when i see them wearing it..somehow made me think that YY can do anything to their sponsored player,even to wear this funny shirt.Haha..or maybe LCW lost because he's not that confident enough to wear this "open" shirt?While TH won matches because he is more confident while using it.As we know,TH loves to wear sleeveless shirt during games,when he have the chance.Haha..just my own assumption

14. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    This has to be censored in some country,u know..:p

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Actually..

..she and her partner, Charmaine Reid, have strutted similar "summer tanktop" attire for some time already..
    *Check out the 2008 or 2009 U.S. Open sub-forums..

16. Dollseye

Dollseye Regular Member

Medical student
    @Shihman : well, as much as I hate it, there's a truth to what you're saying...I don't want badminton to change into a fashion show, but a sometimes a little bit of S does helps up to sell the game..I don't want their jerseys to suddenly changes like Serena Williams' or Sharapova's ( altough, I still can't imagine Butet wearing skirts like Japanese players)..but just add a little bit of styling there won't hurt.....
    @ Smichz : my country pretty much censors everything containing sexual material, but at Indonesia Open, I remembered Nicole wearing the same getup, and nobody protested or anything..She looks comfy and proud of her jersey there, so no problem at all..oh, She even got her name and country in the backside of her Tank Top, oh, I mean shirt....and the Canada player who plays double with her also has the same type of shirt, only different colour.I think it's custom made, go originality!!!lol..
    maybe TH found a new found confidence?? Pitconfidence I should say..lol..

17. wu_kong101

wu_kong101 Regular Member

Insurance - Actuarial
    OoO sexy... when can i get it? feels like something cloud from ff7 would wear hahaha.

18. Nightbird

Nightbird Regular Member

To me they r a bit too flashy..Dunno if it's me but the shorts look wee bit longer, almost tennis like!!

Male players I think look sharp with shorter shorts and why generate tennis look a like look!!!

19. Destricto_Ense

Destricto_Ense Regular Member

Student
    I think with the black one on Taufik looked a lot like a basketball player ... apart from his height, hehe. Yonex's shirts and shoes have gotten quite flashy lately. Maybe the next YY racquet will be all gold too!

20. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Those new shirts are really ugly and it would feel too unbalanced for me.
    Those horrible logos look like Harry Potter's !