Will Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong do better without Rexy Mainaky?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Sep 3, 2011.

1. zohnny23

zohnny23 Regular Member

I watched astro arena news just now and the main news is " TBH sudah bosan dengan KKK" ( TBH is bored with KKK ) During the early training session at the official venue, KKK is actually absence.

KKK didnt turn up for the training session resulting TBH had to train alone. In the clip shown during the news, it can be seen that TBH pairing up with the guy in the chocolate shirt ( hendra setiawan isnt he?) It is reported that TBH had no winning desire anymore and not aiming for anythg but will just play and do his best.

The reporter interviewed the coach and he says smthg like this "TBH is the hitter and KKK is the setter. If the setter is making a lot of mistakes,it can affect the hitter in some kind of ways"

So sad...its too bad...:(

#541 zohnny23, Jan 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  2. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    If this news is true, then it is most disappointing. :(:(:(

If KKK/TBH do not train together, what hope do they have to perform well together in their coming matches? :confused::confused::confused:

3. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

wao, this situation is quite similar to long time ago punya Cheah Soon Kit/Yap Kim Hock partnership...

4. Alone

Alone Regular Member

I'm not fk surprise with this. Malaysian badminton is full of controversy that affect the players so much. I watched this news as well.

5. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

George, did you ask permission from Rosman Razak before posting photos? Photos posted in FB not exactly for public viewing

6. PrimeShuttler

PrimeShuttler Regular Member

Health Dept
    Reading all this news updates just really is very disheartening. Don't know why Malaysian players always get into this kind of BS. Ppl like CY/FHF can be so consistent for almost 10 years and win 4 World Championships. LYD won Olympic Gold Medal at the age of 19, and may yet win another. KKK/TBH? They might even have to retire soon if their results keep on deteriorating like it has been of late. Man... better start finding someone else to support. These two only know how to disappoint.

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

INA and MAS players tend to get big-headed easily. One and two major titles and they think they are on top of the world and couldn't care less about winning another one.

8. rozina76

rozina76 New Member

Consultant
    Koo Keng Kiat and Tan Boon heong performace lately are really bad. I think couch played and important role for the achievement of the players. Hopefully BAM assign good couch for both of them. For me it is quite dissapoint if just ignore the talent that both of them have. Hope they can upgrade themselves and be consistent player like Chai Yun & Fu Hai Feng from China pluss good dicipline in order to achieve.

9. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

haiyaa, see your pm...:rolleyes::cool:

10. george@chongwei

I try record some video of their match during the MAS Open.. see got improve or not...;)

11. george@chongwei

No wonder their results also :eek::(:eek::mad::mad::mad::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    I just watched the news report on nadi arena.. Looks like their relationship is not very good afterall.. although kkk is present in the training, but the reporter said they did not talk or see each other at all. What a shock.. KKK in an interview also said their target before OG 12 is all england.

12. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    I don't think its right to blame coaches when players are not performing well. It could be other reasons, pal :p

13. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

they NEED dicipline, no this no improvement and fighting spirit...!!

14. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

From what I notice, KKK/TBH doesn't really talk to each other on court now although they used to talk often prior to the coach change.
    I suspect that one of them might be unhappy with the other for not giving enough commitment, but I will not make a statement without evidence.

15. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

OMG, they gonna make thing worse just like what happened to Cheah Soon Kit and Yap Kim Hock in year 2000.

16. george@chongwei

Reports says that they are 'stress' with their on court display and partnership.. What happen? May this year of DRAGON brings good fortune and feng shui to them..

17. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    is that hendra setiawan training with Msia team?

18. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    I thought Hendra Setiawan is with the Mens Singles Division. How come he is found here with TBH? :confused::confused::confused:

19. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    argh
    When I went to the Badminton Swiss Open the first time watching professionals playing and I loved KKK/TBH from the beginning; I always enjoyed watching them, but in the past there haven´t been any good results from them.
    There´s no chance but to speak out on their problems and refocuse if they want to play a (small) role in the Olympics later this year.
    Really sad, bc they fit to each other in reference to their playing styles, but they don´t seem to be motivated or fight for the win (already discussed many times: 1st set win, 2nd no power at all, defeat in the third...).

20. forest

forest Regular Member

Engineer
    It is the culture that make the different between China, Korea and Malaysia ! Many Malaysia youth prefer easy and joyful lifestyle. Just tell me when these youngsters are free what did they do ? They already immunised to computer games, internet chatting, roti canai, starbuck coffee.... how can these people focused when come to competition ?
    I have been in China for many times, One thing I notice when I am taking MRT, when waiting to reach their destination, China Youth waste no time in reading books, newspapers,magazine etc. Over in malaysia our youth spend their time in typing sms, chatting etc....In Senzhen, I noticed that most of the China youth owned 2 jobs (one normal job, one part time job) to make a living. Over in Malaysia, many youth depend on their parents and credit cards to make a living ! Can they compete ??