Liew Daren

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by TheSmasherKing, Apr 21, 2011.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    but those coach will get extra bonus for player success
    how unfair is this world?haha

2. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    That's right, see if Selvaraj gets any incentives after opening up their can of worms recently in the press. :D

3. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    So where n when is Type-R next event?

4. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    When Daren lost the first set 19-21 to Jorgensen during the semis, I reckoned the show had ended already as Daren would have used up his gas tank after using so many continuous smashes. But he surprised me and come back with more 'umph'. The during the set break I sort of heard Seu Bock kept saying 'guard your backhand. He is attacking your backhand. Once the shuttle passes your head your are finished'. I think Seu Bock means Daren's backhand lob is weak and is forced to return with a weak lob or most certainly a net and Jorgensen will be waiting at the net.

5. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Most probably the hong kong and china super series.

6. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Liew Daren BWF ranking has gone up 6 places, he is now on 18th, congrats to him. Hope he continues performing at his best.

7. ibelieveindevil

ibelieveindevil Regular Member

you forgot to mention another important thing. he manage to climb up to 6th position in SS ranking, so if he dont screw up in china and HK open, he would be in the SS finals, which will garantee at least another 6050 points for him.

8. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

And with the winning in french open, that's a beginning for him.. he really needs to work harder and harder:cool:

9. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Yeah.. Even i have seen that. With the current points, only malaysia and japan are having 2 players in top 8 in BWF super series Men's singles :)ranking. Great going malaysia. Only Du pengyu for china.. Strange. Even Chen Long is not there.

10. Chu Liuxiang

Chu Liuxiang Regular Member

Chen Long is participating in China Open and Hong Kong Open which he might get sufficient points to be in top 8 in BWF Super series MS.

11. ibelieveindevil

ibelieveindevil Regular Member

very possible. In fact daren is the most likely to drop out of top 8. so he really need to mentain and try to be at least in the QF of those 2 tournaments.

12. julianng

julianng Regular Member

No point comparing the 2 players.

Chen Long is way better than Daren Liew. Daren is attacking fast but he makes many unforced errors, which is opposite of Chen Long.

13. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    Yes. furthermore Type-R is only naturally aspirated and is certain to fall behind forced induction players like Chen Long when the match goes the full distance

14. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    he is getting faster but not fast enough to challenge lcw, ld or even cl... he needs to practise hard on his speed and avoid making simple errors... :) anyway, i quite like his service... weird but unique... hehehe :)

15. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    I love Daren's service... and service return. And YES... he's started to really speed around the court.

16. julianng

julianng Regular Member

he's faster than many players... but fast doesn't win you matches. He makes many mistakes at the net and short returns He needs to be more steady... like Chen Long.

17. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    I disagree. Speed (fast) is crucial and does win you matches. Come one day, if Daren plays lest mistakes but plays slower and slower to cut down on mistakes, it will be the same story of us saying he is not fast enough. :D It is the easy give away of points that is killing his game, not his speed. What he needs to do is maintain his speed (which is his forte) and try to cut down on silly mistakes or freebies points.

18. gelee

gelee Regular Member

Yeah, unfortunately its obvious that Daren's biggest point of weakness right now is that he gives away points way, I mean way too cheaply. On average, if you were to count, he makes an average about 8-10 unforced errors in one game. You cant be champion material with that many unforced errors with the current point system.

I obviously play badminton myself, and majority of the unforced errors comes from not putting full mental focus on every single shot. In badminton, especially with an exhausted body, its so easy to get into that casual mode of just "playing along" with your opponent and not putting enough mental focus to control that stroke of yours.

19. julianng

julianng Regular Member

good point. daren liew always makes the most unforced errors in the 1st game , followed closely by the start of the 2nd game. His match stamina is good as he usually does better in the 3rd game in most of his matches. He just needs to be more careful in the 1st and start of 2nd game where most of his mistakes creep in. If he can somehow find a way to eliminate these 8-10 unforced errors(net return, short return) per game, he can challenge with the very best.

Right now, if he tries to cut down on these mistakes, he will lose his best quality , that is his speedy attack. It is a give or take situation for him at the moment.

20. zamrioo2

zamrioo2 Regular Member

technician
    unforced error mostly from insufficient training of the shots... look at Boonsak with LCW at Japan Open previously... he did less unforced error, but the speed and stamina were away left by LCW