*New! Adidas Badminton

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by derrickn, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Apparently it is also unavailable (but I've seen it elsewhere for close to that)? And the other prices don't really look that good still but are slightly cheaper than I recall indeed. Z-Force is still close to 150 GBP which it sells for here in euro instead (same for the other models). RRP was probably that 169.99 so it would never sell for that anyway in retail. NanoRay 700's are/should be making place for the new colours as well ...

Wasn't there some price comparison website in UK as well, that maybe tracked the price history ...

#41 demolidor, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  2. msitpro

msitpro Regular Member

IT consultant
    Christ, I see what you mean! A week ago it was just the Nanoray 700's that had been slashed (which I was after) but now it seems all of the current Japanese models have had a further 15% price slash over the normal 15% discount cap from RRP.

3. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    if this is true then i welcome all new comers to the market of badminton, it will only benefit the average consumer with more competition and lower prices. however, with dropping in pricing the other well known brands might take a quicker short cut in their production where quality might suffer?

i agree, LOL.

is it possible that nr800 didn't meet expectations in regards to its performance and the sales didn't meet yonex's expectations?

4. msitpro

msitpro Regular Member

IT consultant
    It looks more general than that, VT80, VTZF, and other current high end models have also had the same percentage cut it seems.

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    The only Carlton racquets I have seen in in person the past 8-10years (which numbers less than the fingers on one hand) was/is from a UK guy working in HK. :)

So how do we see the market shaking up with Adidas trying to get in? I'd be worried if I was Yonex, Li Ning, Victor. These team contracts are going to be shaken up. I reckon we might see even more independent players sign up.

An interesting scenario is a junior player signed to a 3 year contract. Then he/she makes it big but the national team equipment contract is held by Yonex/Victor/LiNing. What would happen then?

Actually, how long is an equipment contract usually given for?

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

I'll try to find out if Yonex racquets in HK have decreased in price this week.

7. msitpro

msitpro Regular Member

IT consultant
    I could see Badminton England moving to Adidas, due to the link with the British Olympic Association/TeamGB.

Saying that they have a long association with Yonex, and with the All England tournament....

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Yeah. But Yonex sponsorship of the tournament should be seperate to the BA of E equipment. Used to see Nathan using Carlton and some others using Head.

sponsoring one player is not enough. I think there is a critical number of getting a few top players using your racquets and winning.

9. Backhand_Dave

Backhand_Dave Regular Member

I did see that Adrian C. Tweet that there will be a big announcement soon ??! ... Big hit to Yonex if that does happen... ( the adidas shirts GB badders wore in 2012 were shocking )

10. msitpro

msitpro Regular Member

IT consultant
    I quite liked the white one with what looked like mesh covering the flag design on the lower half.

11. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Actually, how long is an equipment contract usually given for?[/QUOTE] I don't think it's as severe as 3 years. Around here the junior sponsorships usually start and end around may each year so only 12 months at a time. I only know for black knight though maybe other brands are different.

12. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    I think it's good to start with the youngsters, similar to what apple did with their promotion of macs in elementary schools and jr high schools! Of course the difference in computers and OS systems is a bit larger than say... Rackets??????

13. mummycarol

mummycarol New Member

If the big brands are dropping the price so drastically, I'm sure it will affect the quality of the products sooner or later ..

14. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Well, if Yonex is going to respond to ADIDAS entry by cutting prices then may I SHOUT OUT LOUD: HELLO NIKE, WHERE ARE YOU ? The PARTY IS HERE !!! :D

I look forward for Yonex to further discount CAB20sp in Malaysia to 50% from the current best deal of 35% that I can get ... then I will REALLY CLEAN OUT all the store's remaining 3UG5 and 3UG4 racquets ... (3 pcs left) :p

15. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Quality will not be affected if you buy good and trusty "OLD RACQUETS" made before 2012 lor .... like the Cab20sp ... just don't buy NEW RACQUETS ... ;)

#55 maxout, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  16. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    I do not know if it has been mentioned before, but i have been informed that one of the best HK player has signed contract with Adidas. Looking forward for the official announcement.

17. decoy

decoy Regular Member

It just occurred to me that if there is a 42 day countdown until this range gets released wouldn't that mean that it's being released around the all England? Which would mean yonex has a launch planned around the same time. (usually) I wonder if this was really thought through

18. maxout

maxout Regular Member

I think it is DONE ON PURPOSE ... full-scale attack on Yonex at its most prestigious tournament .... :D the Germans assault tactics - BLITZKREIG ....

19. decoy

decoy Regular Member

you just made my day :D

20. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Wondering who are the chosen Wehrmacht a.k.a players sponsored by Adidas.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.