arcsaber009dx or voltric9 or 7

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by drkhan989, Jan 25, 2013.

1. drkhan989

drkhan989 Regular Member

Doctor
    Hey guys...i want to purchase a new raquet and i am confused whether to go for arcsaber 009dx /voltric9/voltric 7...i am more of an offensive player...i like the voltrics bcoz dey r head heavy...bt the review of v9 isnt gr8...any suggestions???

2. issport

issport Regular Member

Voltric for smashing arcsaber for balance . If you're offensive player i recomend voltric more than arcsaber .

3. drkhan989

drkhan989 Regular Member

Doctor
    Thanks man...m also inclined for buying a voltric...bt confused which one....ne personal reviews in voltric 7 or 9...

4. Casperwinde

Casperwinde Regular Member

Student
    well... there is very little review on voltric 7 and 9...im also find alot of reviews b4 getting my vt9 ltd....
    i will js share my personal review on vt9... vt9 is a stiff racket and head heavy and u may get sore arms on initially use... it feels heavy but nt so when swing the racket on play... net play is awesome and smash....voltric power...u know that...vt7 is easier to master and 9 may nt for everyone:cool:
    somehow i still get my vt9 ltd and i have no regret on getting it

5. sayshh

sayshh Regular Member

One thing to consider is whether you prefer 3U racket or 4U racket. VT 9 is a 3U racket, stiff and head-heavy. VT7 is 4U, mid-flex and head heavy. Overall, VT 7 should be the easier racket to wield, and would be my preference for doubles.

If you haven't read the reviews of the racket, I suggest you read them at badminton-coach.co.uk

Voltric 7
    Voltric 9

6. drkhan989

drkhan989 Regular Member

Doctor
    I do want to buy a head heavy and stiff raquet bt a review by paul stewart claims some kind of vibrations along the shaft in.v9...did u experience ne of dat???

7. drkhan989

drkhan989 Regular Member

Doctor
    I have read those reviews...based on his comments voltric 9 isnt a good deal...bt m inclined towards buying it...i want to buy it for singles...

8. Casperwinde

Casperwinde Regular Member

Student
  9. drkhan989

drkhan989 Regular Member

Doctor
  10. sayshh

sayshh Regular Member

Sorry I don't have personal experience with either of the rackets. However, I did have a few swings with VT7 and definitely felt it suits a doubles game better. For singles, 3U weight may be more appropriate than 4U. So out of VT 9 and VT 7, VT 9 seems to be a better bet.

However, if you want something heavier than 4U (for singles), but have any doubts due to the reviews about the feel of VT9, Voltric 5 (medium-stiff) will be a good choice. I have briefly used the VT 5 in few doubles games and I was impressed with the manouverability inspite of the fact that it is head-heavy and capable of generating good power. As Casperwinde suggests, if possible try VT9 and VT5 and decide which you are more comfortable with.

I would go with VT 5 though (personally).

11. mo han

mo han Regular Member

After reading badminton-coach.co.uk reviews, I ended up buying the VT5.

I have not been disappointed. For my game at this present time, this racket exceeds all my expectations and more....:D

12. drkhan989

drkhan989 Regular Member

Doctor
    hey guys....bought avt7 wid bg80power at 25lbs.....to be honest the m missing power in this raquet...i dnt know whether it is the string diff or what....previously i have used bg65/68ti.....defence is great.....bt disappointed in the smash dept....maybe itll take time to get used to this raquet....my mp29 strung at 22lbs wid bg65 does a more powerful job....

13. sayshh

sayshh Regular Member

It could be due to the string tension actually. Tighter strings provide more control, and take more effort to generate power. You will get used to it, but if I were you I would keep string tension to what I am familiar when I am changing the racket. Too many variables at the same time can cause some trouble in getting familiarized.

Good luck though. It is a matter of time, and you should be able to adjust provided you are concious about your technique rather than points (or your aim i.e. power) during your initial days.