2012 All England SSP: Sunday 11-March Finals matches

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2012' started by chris-ccc, Mar 10, 2012.

1. phil-mm

phil-mm Regular Member

None
    Lol, LXR is really invincible!

2. chlsy8

chlsy8 Regular Member

Lin Dan already said he is not going to retire after Olympics.

With his style of playing, another 4 years is not a dream.

3. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    I am absolutely flabbergasted by the quality of the translation job delivered by the lady standing next to Lin Dan. Terrible work sending the wrong message to the audience and not translating directly what the player intends to convey.

The tournament is held in England and I am sure many English speaking fans, be it Asians or Europeans(maybe) who can understand Mandarin at least are more than being proud to volunteer to translate for these players who cant speak the language. The translators did a poor job and should be sacked on that basis because they doing more harm to the sports by giving bad impression about the players themselves.

I say BWF should set a scheme/competition that attracts fans who are willing to be a one-off translator for the players. By being able to talk to their stars and stand in close proximity, that's more than enough we can ask for.

I am sure this can find a better translator than these piece of crap individuals

4. Muscab

Muscab Regular Member

What actually wrong with her?

5. visor

visor Regular Member

^^ IMO she got the job coz of "presentation" ;)

6. STRING

STRING Regular Member

Lin Dan said he "hope" LCW's injury is not serious because they are preparing for the big "O". She said LD "think" that LCW injury is not serious!! LD made a gentleman comment, she translated it to a sarcastic comment. It made LD look bad.

7. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Yes she does look attractive and catching in the eyes.

Regardless of the **** job that she did, I could roughly understand what he said to the fans and it's one of the best lines to close a tournament like this and show his true sportsmanship to his opponent

"I hope Lee Chong Wei recovered from his shoulder injury, because he has to represent Malaysia in the Olympics and we will meet again"

Strong words and determination to do well in the Olympics...

OMG THAT MEANS HE IS OUT TO BREAK THE AE/OG JINX....CAN HE DO IT ?????

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    confirmed that LCW will skip the Swiss Open.

9. visor

visor Regular Member

Is that what she said? I guess I wasnt paying attention to her as I can understand mandarin.

10. visor

visor Regular Member

He would do well to skip the ZF too. ;)

11. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    The tournament has been by far the most entertaining one in the SS standards despite the horrendous management by the organisers and flak by the top players aka Peter Gade.

It will take a lot of years for us to forget the following eventful moments and we will cherish them to the max:

Indonesia finally ended their decade of medal drought by winning in the category which they havent won for 33 years. A fantastic achievement and kudos to them for winning on a tough European soil. They break the duck at last and will encourage Indonesians to perform even better in the coming All England tournaments.

After more than 12 months of Immortality, the Three Wang Kingdom's winning streak has finally come to end but to the hands of an unknown player also from China who primary role is to play as a foot soldier for the Wangs. Li Xuerui's current form has put more pressure to LYB as to who should he pick to represent China for the Olympics. One thing is for sure one of the Wangs who get replaced will not be an entirely happy bunny. A big blow to the Wangs' dominance.

Yes the match didnt conclude as what we expected to be. But Lin Dan has done what no other players could ever achieve. Winning the fifth All England title in his eight final appearance has surpassed the likes of Liem Swie King and Morten Frost in the Modern Era.
    Fans get to witness Lin Dan's true colour as a sportsman with integrity and respect for his opponent by convincing everyone that Lee Chong Wei will make a speedy recovery because he has to fulfill his responsibility as a Malaysian representative and is looking forward to meet each other again in the Olympics Games to fight it all out as rivals and friends.

That speaks volumes of Lin Dan as the greatest player of all time and one of the memorable points which i can take away from this tournament. Case close !

12. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

Lin Dan didn't really look enthusiastic after winning. You can see Lin Dan's true emotions for a win he really values such as the Olympics, 2010 Thomas Cup win over LCW, and last year's World Cup win. It is understandable if Lin Dan is not enthusiastic this time since it is his 4th All England title, his opponent was injured, and Lin Dan's real focus this year is the Olympics. All England is just a side show for Lin Dan until the Olympics.

Yes, I agree. I'm going to address this in a reply below.

13. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    EXCERPT FROM BADZINE LATEST ARTICLE

As in the past, questions will be remaining unanswered about the women’s events held on finals day in Birmingham. Did Wang Yihan let her younger opponent Li Xuerui (photo) win because this victory simply puts her in front of Saina Nehwal in the world ranking, with now all Chinese in the top 4 ? Should the world ranking remains the same, this would give the ability for the Chinese officials to chose which 3 players they’ll want to send to the Olympics, depending on the form or injuries

If that's the case, then I hope LYB would drop Wang Xin for Li Xuerui because i would be absolutely angry and sad at the same time if he chooses either Wang Yihan or Wang Shixian..

Only time and form before the Olympics will tell who gets the axe....i hope it's not true..

14. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

My take on Lin Dan in the final:

Many posters mentioned LCW didn't really smash. Well, neither did Lin Dan. Again, go back to the 2008 Olympics final. If Lin Dan wants to smash, the 2008 Olympics final shows an aggressive, fast paced, and attacking Lin Dan. Again, you can see the fast paced and agressive Lin dan at the 2010 Thomas Cup match against LCW. Today's Lin Dan was a defensive and rally Lin Dan and his pace seemed to be slower. Lin Dan started to show some aggression and increase in pace in the 2nd set, but it was cut short when LCW withdrew.

IMO, Lin Dan is hiding his true potential. Lin Dan has an extra gear that he is not willing to show to LCW, unless it is an event that Lin Dan really wants to win. I don't even know if Lin Dan will use that gear if he meets LCW at the Thomas Cup, because Malaysia is so weak this year, China would probably win even if they lose their first men's singles match. Sadly, Lin Dan can beat all of his opponents, including LCW, by net shots alone. Lin Dan is the best player in the world at the net and IMO, Lin Dan's superior net game allows him to play at a slower pace and allows him to play less agressively from the backcourt.

This was probably the most unenthusiastic that Lin Dan has been after an All England win. I don't know if Lin Dan was unenthusiastic because this is his 4th time winning All England, or because LCW was injured. His celebration didn't even look genuine and I really think he was playing the part in front of cameras. We've seen Lin Dan really celebrate before - the 2008 Olympics, the 2010 Thomas Cup, last year's World Cup, etc. I think Lin Dan is looking ahead at the Olympics, and as prestigious as the All England should have been, it's his 4th time winning it and of course, the big trophy this year is at the Olympics.

15. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Yea.. with its hardness and lack of vibrationdampening it's most likely a shoulderkiller :)

16. Muscab

Muscab Regular Member

I don't know what you're refer but LCW didn't really smash in this tournament especially in the semifinal and final today since he got shoulder injury.. It is really good that he have hand sore and shoulder injury but still can put great fight. Meanwhile Lin Dan play with free injury. So, LCW seems better to me. I bet he will win today final if he doesn't have those damn injury.

17. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I thought you guys where all against WOs...

18. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Congrats to Lin Dan!! He is just getting stronger and stronger and noone can stop him.

As for LCW, wishing him a speedy recovery...in time for the Olympic games. He was a real fighter!!

19. Alone

Alone Regular Member

Nah, Chong Wei injured.

20. Muscab

Muscab Regular Member

I believe LCW can win today final but unfortunately, his injury just so unlucky.